fotogaik

May 13, 2017
His last post here was on July 23rd last year. 318 days ago.
His last activity was on September 18th last year. 261 days ago.
His last logon (presence on forum) was on January 16th this year. 141 days ago.

As everyone does, I also hope he's okay for his own sake. He's been through some really dark times. But for the game it doesn't really matter if he's okay or not. All signs post to the fact that the game is abandoned.

Edit: Knowing people, you can expect resentment to start creeping in over the weeks and months to come. People will eventually start accusing Nefastus of having been disingenuous the whole time and building up the fan base to milk as soon as some comfortable revenue threshold had been achieved.

Last edited:

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Anyone have any proof of life for poor old Nef?
No words on Patreon or Discord. On the Discord server, people are giving up after Nefastus fully logged off of Discord... Even the most staunch MLC fans (including myself) are leaving the server due to arguing, and the usual outlandish theories.
Even his usual apologists on the Discord server are coming to terms with the fact that he is probably not coming back, for XYZ theory... and even if he does return, I, personally, am not sure I could trust him enough to support him the way I used to.
But for what's it's worth, and if he ever sees this, Nef, I hope you're OK.

Edit Update - I left the MLC Discord (like many long time fans have), so I won't have eyes on whether or not he comes back there, or not. And I think the moderator, Keymaster, might close up shop on the Discord server, anyway.
Before I left, I scoured through Nefastus' old posts, and comments, and it is super clear he was going through some shit with his mental-state, and with family. It's been a cycle for years now, him disappearing I mean, but I fear this time it is permanent... but in the bottom of what remains of my heart, I hope he proves me wrong some day.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
why the game as abandoned??? i just love this game
Dev disappeared, abandoned tag gets added after so many months of no communication from the dev. It might not be actually abandoned for good but at this point it's probably safe to assume for one reason or another it probably is.

Dev was always not the best at communicating and was prone to lapses of perfectionism.
Dev has also previously been hospitalized for serious medical issues.
Dev was also having some serious personal issues regarding their family.
There's no way to know beyond speculation but it could be anything from writers block spiraling into abandonment, personal life not allowing the time and energy to continue developing or god forbid the dev could be dead for all we know. We don't have any answers and the most we can do is speculate. Hopefully he's alright and whatever's stopping him from developing will be resolved but no way for us to know and all we can do is give our best wishes to him.

Ermi33

Aug 11, 2020
Dev disappeared, abandoned tag gets added after so many months of no communication from the dev. It might not be actually abandoned for good but at this point it's probably safe to assume for one reason or another it probably is.

Dev was always not the best at communicating and was prone to lapses of perfectionism.
There's no way to know beyond speculation but it could be anything from writers block spiraling into abandonment, personal life not allowing the time and energy to continue developing or god forbid the dev could be dead for all we know. We don't have any answers and the most we can do is speculate. Hopefully he's alright and whatever's stopping him from developing will be resolved but no way for us to know and all we can do is give our best wishes to him.
Thanks for this info (I didn‘t ask:oops:, but good to know:))

dorleans

Sep 10, 2021
Thanks for this info (I didn‘t ask:oops:, but good to know:))
Yeah, "abandoned" tags on F95zone are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's the only site on the internet even making an effort to be rigorous about it, so they tend to err on the side of, well, rigor. There are games I've watched cycle in and out of abandoned status half a dozen times since I joined. Two even got completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kri128
Jan 9, 2019

I hope he's just doing a big update and hasn't really abandoned it

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes