Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
Nefastus I think I now know how it feels to like and hate someone at the same time. Great update but man, you know how to keep people waiting and excited albeit unintentionally. It's better be worth a month of wait or I'll find you and I'll kill you :p

p.s; I call the youngest daughter Hailey since 0.1 and it started to be really confusing XD

May 21, 2018
Game won't launch.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 22, in script
    init -1500 python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 22, in <module>
    init -1500 python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 42, in _execute_python_hide
    config.font_transforms["opendyslexic"] = opendyslexic
Exception: config.font_transforms is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 22, in script
    init -1500 python hide:
  File "G:\Games\Private\Blah\Bleh\Bloop\Boop\Boo\Mid-Life Crisis\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\Games\Private\Blah\Bleh\Bloop\Boop\Boo\Mid-Life Crisis\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 22, in <module>
    init -1500 python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00accessibility.rpy", line 42, in _execute_python_hide
    config.font_transforms["opendyslexic"] = opendyslexic
  File "G:\Games\Private\Blah\Bleh\Bloop\Boop\Boo\Mid-Life Crisis\renpy\defaultstore.py", line 85, in __getattr__
    raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.font_transforms is not a known configuration variable.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Fri Sep 06 04:52:10 2019
Help?

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Question. If I choose not to romance someone am I still able to fuck them or are they just removed from the pool of girls? Romantically I only like one of them and see how that goes, but I am also a perv.
Basically if you choose to fuck someone is on you. They won't vanish, and if you choose not to it doesn't mean the opportunity won't come up again later because they were rejected. There may be some rough conversations later when they discover just how loving the MC is, but won't be like a game over or anything like that. All that will probably change when version 1 is done with a rewrite, but that is still a ways off cause I wan't plenty of content for each path before anyone locks themselves into one woman/relationship.

• Love
Reactions: bigmen and aordd69

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Basically if you choose to fuck someone is on you. They won't vanish, and if you choose not to it doesn't mean the opportunity won't come up again later because they were rejected. There may be some rough conversations later when they discover just how loving the MC is, but won't be like a game over or anything like that. All that will probably change when version 1 is done with a rewrite, but that is still a ways off cause I wan't plenty of content for each path before anyone locks themselves into one woman/relationship.
But if I fuck around with everyone eventually it bites me in the ass right?

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
But if I fuck around with everyone eventually it bites me in the ass right?
No, I mean possibly...I guess depending on how you mean bite you, but there will be a way to smooth things over if it happens. It won't be a vicious life changing bite until I do the version 1.0 rewrite and add in some other stuff. At worst you will have to do something special for whoever you pissed off and they may be pissy for an update before you do.

Reactions: arms99 and aordd69

Vuynjou

Jul 3, 2019
this game is fun, great story and humorous. i love some of the fourth wall breaks and the interesting females.

Does Max's gym plan work because i might want try it out?

aweriel

Jun 18, 2017
Midlife Crisis by Nefastus
2019-09-06

ver. 10a
MAC 3,92 GBa

ver 10b
PC 3,94 GBa

Last edited:
Reactions: wratxier

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
Whenever the Mac update isn't posted at the same time as the Windows update, I just download the Windows one and copy its "game" folder into the previous Mac version's app bundle to replacing the existing game folder. It's not guaranteed to work but it usually does.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
No, I mean possibly...I guess depending on how you mean bite you, but there will be a way to smooth things over if it happens. It won't be a vicious life changing bite until I do the version 1.0 rewrite and add in some other stuff. At worst you will have to do something special for whoever you pissed off and they may be pissy for an update before you do.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Love you game btw.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I hope not, I mean I've been interpreting what Sandra said as meaning she's fine with him having some fun with the girls so long as he doesn't abandon her. Her suddenly freaking out about it would be very unpleasant.

Aug 7, 2018
I think I'm doing it wrong. Is there a way to ignore the wife / skip pretty much anything with her in it, but NOT be a jerk to her? I couldn't pick "She's beautiful" with a straight face, but calling her a bitch feels kinda crappy.

Just because she doesn't do anything for me doesn't mean she deserves getting such hostility. Their arguments aren't any fun to watch. What happened to polite indifference?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017
Typos.

If you can set the age you are using the patch.........................................that isn't questionable? They are designed to be college girls, 18 and 21 and look like college girls.
I am indeed using patch but you can easily drop the age to below legal age of consent.

On a different note great game just what a cruel place to end it hahaha

Reactions: Nefastus
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes