Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I think I'm doing it wrong. Is there a way to ignore the wife / skip pretty much anything with her in it, but NOT be a jerk to her? I couldn't pick "She's beautiful" with a straight face, but calling her a bitch feels kinda crappy.

Just because she doesn't do anything for me doesn't mean she deserves getting such hostility. Their arguments aren't any fun to watch. What happened to polite indifference?
Remember I am not asking YOU if she is beautiful, but asking about how the MC feels about his wife. I don't think sex is forced on any path regardless of the answer, but don't 100% recall. She will never be able to be ignored or skipped, she is the MC's wife for good or bad.... There will be a third path eventually per a patron's suggestion, that will be less harsh but still an unhappy marriage, but it won't be for a fair bit yet.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Remember I am not asking YOU if she is beautiful, but asking about how the MC feels about his wife. I don't think sex is forced on any path regardless of the answer, but don't 100% recall. She will never be able to be ignored or skipped, she is the MC's wife for good or bad.... There will be a third path eventually per a patron's suggestion, that will be less harsh but still an unhappy marriage, but it won't be for a fair bit yet.
If you're considering other paths through the game, I'd love to see one where she's enthusiastic about him being with the younger girls.

Aug 7, 2018
I went ahead and made a small mod.

~~/ Courteous mod + Walkthrough /~~

This mod removes hostile exchanges between MC and his wife on what would otherwise be the wife hate route.
It's intended to give those who are not sexually interested in her a more enjoyable experience.
Changes to dialogue have been kept minimal, mostly removing needless insults and hostility. Also fixed some typos.

Now also includes a mini-walkthrough: optimal choices are highlighted in green (honestly, you can mostly pick whatever you want. Green choices lead to extra renders or scenes you'd otherwise miss) Mutually exclusive scenes are down to your preferrence. I've added notes if they lead to follow-up scenes or non-obvious outcomes.

version:
- mod v4b for Midlife Crisis v0.12

----- changes and improvements -----

v4b:
- for convenience: added an Incest patch, found in the 'Optional Incest Patch' folder. gigan's patch does the same thing, so feel free to use theirs. Both patches are version agnostic and will keep working for all future versions of the game
- missed another reference to the mistyped variable, fixed now. Thanks to Mario4don for catching that.

v4:
- updated mod and walkthrough for Midlife Crisis v0.12
- fixed an exception caused by a mistyped variable
- fixed some typos

v3:
- love and joy all around, so it's mostly typo and grammar fixes this time
- future-proofing: the Mod should now be compatible with all future versions of Midlife Crisis

v2:
- walkthrough added: optimal choices are highlighted in green
- fixed a small continuity error
- fixed more typos
- broke the mod. fixed the mod.

v1:
- less hostile relationship with wife
- Sarah's romance and sex scene in v0.7 are no longer locked behind scaring her in the lockerroom in v0.4. Instead you'll get the option to romance Sarah or not, on both scare and tease branch.
- removed several unnecessary cuts to black
- corrected a bunch of typos
- with incest patch: younger daughter's schoolyear now properly defaults to Freshman, instead of being left blank

----- installation -----

to install:
just drop the game folder into your Midlife Crisis folder and overwrite when asked

to uninstall:
drop the game folder found in "backup" into your Midlife Crisis folder, overwrite files when asked

Last edited:

fbass

May 18, 2017
Smells like ntr.
Not quite. Pure speculation and an aversion to this thread. Catering to your accusation, if it was what you say (and knowing the developers work), it would be by players choice (easily rejected). I'm not against those three letters at all but please go speculate someplace else. Your comment has nothing to do with this game

Reactions: ecilops
Aug 7, 2018
Definitely won't be NTR. It will just be a third option for people who don't want a super loving relationship but also don't want to be at each others throats.
Until the proper 3rd route is ready, feel free to use my Courteous Mod: a lovingly done slash'n'hackjob, throwing in typo-fixes, a mini-walkthrough and a brandnew kitchensink.

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
Awesome, if short, update. Nefastus seriously tries to outdo himself with each update. The party looks like it will be one of the greatest experiences within any VN, let alone just this game.

This has to be one of the greatest VNs out there simply put. Right up there with the classics.

Kouv

Apr 18, 2018
Hey guys, I wanted to ask. Is the no romance route with wife (this bitch) not working or is it just my idea ? I'm early in the game but I've noticed that when you chat with Amanda (older tenant/daughter) during lunch, just after your younger tenant left, she remembers the scene where she watched your wife giving you head in the living room. This should only happen when you choose the romance path (Beautiful).. Then, later on you have dinner with the whole lot, and your wife says that you went shopping together and that everything is fine and dandy.. What gives ? Should I continue like that (no romance route) and it gets fixed or is something not working right ? I've tried everything. Deleting everything and "reinstalling" with fresh start, with and without incest patch. It's the same result.. Couldn't find any other post referring to the same issue, so I just made one.

Thanks in advance.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Hey guys, I wanted to ask. Is the no romance route with wife (this bitch) not working or is it just my idea ? I'm early in the game but I've noticed that when you chat with Amanda (older tenant/daughter) during lunch, just after your younger tenant left, she remembers the scene where she watched your wife giving you head in the living room. This should only happen when you choose the romance path (Beautiful).. Then, later on you have dinner with the whole lot, and your wife says that you went shopping together and that everything is fine and dandy.. What gives ? Should I continue like that (no romance route) and it gets fixed or is something not working right ? I've tried everything. Deleting everything and "reinstalling" with fresh start, with and without incest patch. It's the same result.. Couldn't find any other post referring to the same issue, so I just made one.

Thanks in advance.
First one is a mistake on my part. Just edited it out so should be fixed in next version. The dinner, everything is fine and dandy because the others are there and neither of you want to air your dirty laundry in front of them when possible, not everything they say about each other to the girls is true.

All that said...right now the romance route is probably better fleshed out. I hope to have a full rewrite done in a few months where her paths are much better defined, as well as adding one that is less confrontational but still not a loving marriage(there is a mod, see post 1475, that does something similar in making it less hateful, but I didn't make it so not sure what all it does), but as I only work on the rewrite when I have free time...well I'll just say I don't have much free time so it will be a while before it's done.

Reactions: arms99 and DMPat

Kouv

Apr 18, 2018
Nefastus All in all it's a great game dude(except maybe the sex scene animations >< still images with better description would work better :p). Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Nefastus and arms99
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes