Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
no idea how i missed this. faerin is one of the few devs i actually give money to for support. good quality renders and interesting stories are unfortunately kind of rare.

slight question, does the mc's mom show up at all? she gets mentioned early and tbh it would be interesting to see madeline interreact with her husbands ex wife. (plus of course seducing her as well)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
no idea how i missed this. faerin is one of the few devs i actually give money to for support. good quality renders and interesting stories are unfortunately kind of rare.

slight question, does the mc's mom show up at all? she gets mentioned early and tbh it would be interesting to see madeline interreact with her husbands ex wife. (plus of course seducing her as well)
TBH, I'm not sure if that's in the plans or not as it's never been mentioned, but if I had to guess, I would say probably not. Thus far, he's not had any contact with her, either over the phone or in person. Of course, that could mean anything and we just don't know yet, but it's never been brought up in conversation.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Has Faerin considered adding SubscribeStar as a way for people to support him with $.

The Patreon crusade continues and I 'd hate to lose Midnight Sin if/when Patreon decides to cast the Eye of Sauron in this direction.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: Logan1377 and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Has Faerin considered adding SubscribeStar as a way for people to support him with $.

The Patreon crusade continues and I 'd hate to lose Midnight Sin if/when Patreon decides to cast the Eye of Sauron in this direction.

Cheers!! :coffee:
We had been talking about other options in the past in the event there's a Patreon purge or mass exodus, but nothing concrete yet.

From what I understand, according to Patreon's ToS, no one, including devs, are permitted to post links to their Patreons if the channel is deemed NSFW. And AI images (such as so-called "DeepFakes") are not allowed on their Discord servers. They actively have people watching sites such as this one and Discord (if it is linked in Patreon) to ensure adult content creators are following the rules. That includes the "no incest" rule as well. :cautious:

Personally I think it's ridiculous that they can control what goes on, on a devs' Discord. Having to second guess everything that goes on is a tremendous PITA. They're looking for reasons to get rid of adult content creators IMHO and this is one way to do just that. I told Faerin just yesterday that it feels as though we're having to learn all over again what we can and can't allow.

Last edited:

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
We had been talking about other options in the past in the event there's a Patreon purge or mass exodus, but nothing concrete yet.

From what I understand, according to Patreon's ToS, no one, including devs, are permitted to post links to their Patreons if the channel is deemed NSFW. And AI images (such as so-called "DeepFakes") are not allowed on their Discord servers. They actively have people watching sites such as this one and Discord (if it is linked in Patreon) to ensure adult content creators are following the rules. That includes the "no incest" rule as well. :cautious:

Personally I think it's ridiculous that they can control what goes on, on a devs' Discord. Having to second guess everything that goes on is a tremendous PITA. They're looking for reasons to get rid of adult content creators IMHO and this is one way to do just that. I told Faerin just yesterday that it feels as though we're having to learn all over again what we can and can't allow.
There are several other games that I've followed for some time who've recently had their Patreon sites purged/ended, and apparently with little to no warning it was coming. I hope that the developers are able to find a good solution.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There are several other games that I've followed for some time who've recently had their Patreon sites purged/ended, and apparently with little to no warning it was coming. I hope that the developers are able to find a good solution.
It could be any number of reasons, so it's difficult to say, but I agree. We'll just have to play the "wait and see" game for a while, I suppose.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Got around to trying this, I gave up on Mystwood Manor when I lost my saves because like a lot of Unity games I expected they'd have their own location User files location not just in the game's folder and betting I'm not the only one seeing the notice on this game's initial post. Anyway I've only gotten to the second week but a year in it still feels kind of skeletal with so many interactions unavailable and very little to do each day. I'm thinking about giving it another six months, maybe another year to get more fleshed out.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Got around to trying this, I gave up on Mystwood Manor when I lost my saves because like a lot of Unity games I expected they'd have their own location User files location not just in the game's folder and betting I'm not the only one seeing the notice on this game's initial post. Anyway I've only gotten to the second week but a year in it still feels kind of skeletal with so many interactions unavailable and very little to do each day. I'm thinking about giving it another six months, maybe another year to get more fleshed out.
Fair warning, you will have the same issue with this game, don't delete your saves.

Reactions: Logan1377 and Sycho

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
View attachment 3405467

The dilemma begins again. Do I wait a little longer or play right now? :confused:
Having just done the last available thing, wait a lot longer. Unless there's a big update on the one year anniversary it's pretty barren of content right now. So maybe six months, hopefully by then it's a good deal more fleshed out.
Fair warning, you will have the same issue with this game, don't delete your saves.
I know, I mentioned the warning on the first post. :Kappa:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Having just done the last available thing, wait a lot longer. Unless there's a big update on the one year anniversary it's pretty barren of content right now. So maybe six months, hopefully by then it's a good deal more fleshed out.

I know, I mentioned the warning on the first post. :Kappa:
Yeah, it's been mostly mechanics up to this point, but more and more story is starting to be added. Should be flowing soon.

Can't be pointed out too often for some people around here. :KEK:

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes