Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Having just done the last available thing, wait a lot longer. Unless there's a big update on the one year anniversary it's pretty barren of content right now. So maybe six months, hopefully by then it's a good deal more fleshed out.
Yea, I played v. 2.0. There wasn't a whole lot but it looks the groundwork has already been done. I'm okay with patiently waiting. This is one of few devs I can count on to deliver a finished game that's satisfying in terms of content.

I just saw "leather outfits" and I thought, "Kinky. Noice." lol

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, it's been mostly mechanics up to this point, but more and more story is starting to be added. Should be flowing soon.

Can't be pointed out too often for some people around here. :KEK:
To be fair, most people are probably not used to devs laying out a sturdy framework first to make sure nothing breaks. :ROFLMAO:

"What the fuck is this unprecedented shit?! You mean you're not just going to throw shit at the wall and fix things on the fly? Unfathomable!"

jjklik

Aug 2, 2018
I have completed all quests and don't have 25 love with Madeline, only 22. Anyone encountered a workaround?

May 13, 2018
Anybody have a read on how to edit the save files for this game? Saveeditonline doesn't work for any of the files in the Saves folder or the Faerin folder in AppData.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anybody have a read on how to edit the save files for this game? Saveeditonline doesn't work for any of the files in the Saves folder or the Faerin folder in AppData.
Because doing so, will break your game, and prevent you from getting support from us.
What are you trying to do?

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The saves are encrypted anyway to prevent tampering, that's why the site didn't work for your save and there is nothing in the AppData folder other than the log for the game.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Also even if you have tweaked the stats and you give to Madelline 2000 love point, you will not see anything because it's not implemented :ROFLMAO:
This reminded me of a different game with a challenge you had to fulfill - have sex with 20 girls in a week IIRC. Turned out you couldn't, by design, you could only get 19.

Cue the complaints "I had 20 girls and didn't get a winning scene for the challenge" - "You must have cheated, only 19 is possible" - "No, I totally did not, I absolutely and undoubtedly and indubitably and truly honest, cross my heart and kiss my ass got 20, but you fucking devidiot bugged it so I cannot get my scene I deserve", and so forth.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
This reminded me of a different game with a challenge you had to fulfill - have sex with 20 girls in a week IIRC. Turned out you couldn't, by design, you could only get 19.

Cue the complaints "I had 20 girls and didn't get a winning scene for the challenge" - "You must have cheated, only 19 is possible" - "No, I totally did not, I absolutely and undoubtedly and indubitably and truly hones cross my heart and kiss my ass got 20, but you fucking devidiot bugged it so I cannot get my scene I deserve", and so forth.
"I can't wait to cheat the stats in my save so I can see this scene that doesn't exist yet in the game."

[after update gets released]
"Hey, my save is bugged. I tried to cheat the stats last month and now my save won't load. Is there any way to fix this?"

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Tweak stats
Tweaking your stats will break your save as they're directly linked to the scenes that they unlock. The saves are encrypted because of this, a lesson we learned from MotH as people manually altered their stats and then said the game was bugged and we spent hours trawling through bad saves only to find that someone had edited their saves.
The flag console was another one we learnt a hard lesson on as well but that's another story.
So just say you did edit your save and on the next release it wouldn't load up first thing you would do is come here and say it doesn't work and probably the game is bugged and we would waste our time checking your save and also trying to find a bug that isn't there, rather than adding content to the game.
So now you know why it's encrypted, and why you shouldn't tweak your stats not that this is going to stop you ;)

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Renders look nice, but I don't like kinetic novels labeled as sandbox. Why is there "free roaming" when usually only one action moves you on and in other locations the player has nothing to do?

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Renders look nice, but I don't like kinetic novels labeled as sandbox. Why is there "free roaming" when usually only one action moves you on and in other locations the player has nothing to do?
That's honestly my favorite setup in a game. You get to control the pace and order of things that you do as you choose. Once there's a lot more content later in the game, its ideal, IMO. If its the exact same content, but setup as a one directional VN, I get bored.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
That's honestly my favorite setup in a game. You get to control the pace and order of things that you do as you choose. Once there's a lot more content later in the game, its ideal, IMO. If its the exact same content, but setup as a one directional VN, I get bored.
I (mostly) agree, but I just want to add I like some sort of gameplay beyond clicking to the next objective. Be it stat management/grinding or puzzles/ minigames, the latter of which it seems Faerin is going for. But yeah, that’s part of why Faerin’s games are my favorite lol

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes