Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Cluney Blues

Jan 26, 2018
Very promising start. I really like the characters and the design/graphics.
Story is wide open. It can get from boring/predictable to really interesting and engaging. I' m sure Faerin will handle it properly.

Since this is still a tech demo, I'd like to mention a couple of minor things I noticed:
1. During the prologue, pressing the CTRL key, the game says "Skipping" but it doesn't do anything. It would be great for the game's replayability to be able to actually skip such sequences. Also, during that sequence there is no "normal" way to get out of the game since it's by default full screen. So you have to Alt+F4 or Alt+TAB which can be tricky if you play on a VM or Remote Desktop.
2. There seems to be a bug in the kitchen. When someone is sitting on the 1st stool from the left, hovering the mouse low to the right, even to the 3rd stool, the character is still "active" and you can select/click on her. The problem occurs with Madeline@09:00 and Victoria@12:00 but not with Annabelle@11:00.

Waiting for the next update... :D

Reactions: Faerin

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
During the prologue, pressing the CTRL key, the game says "Skipping" but it doesn't do anything. It would be great for the game's replayability to be able to actually skip such sequences.
The following is only extrapolation from the previous games by Faerin, in other words guesswork, but they allowed you to CTRL skip once you have seen a dialogue before, just like RenPy does in standard settings. So this might be a "first time played" issue. Or an early development hiccup subject to be unhiccuped.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
The following is only extrapolation from the previous games by Faerin, in other words guesswork, but they allowed you to CTRL skip once you have seen a dialogue before, just like RenPy does in standard settings. So this might be a "first time played" issue. Or an early development hiccup subject to be unhiccuped.
You are right. You need to enable the "skip unseen" option to skip dialogs you haven't read before.
Although I guess I shouldn't show "skipping" if that isn't the case.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
You are right. You need to enable the "skip unseen" option to skip dialogs you haven't read before.
Although I guess I shouldn't show "skipping" if that isn't the case.
Or maybe have it say "Would be skipping - if you had 'Skip Unseen' checked."?

Gives the player some indication the game knows what you WANT to do, but why it's not doing so.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Williebouy

Jun 3, 2017
Why you call it Vanilla route ? can you please explain ? Also the Incest or Taboo kick is forced to some players over here, almost every game has this kind of content inside.
Because if the game only contains vanilla, that makes it a vanilla game.
And i'm sorry but you have to explain to me what "incest or taboo kick" means, and how is it forced on players over at your place? :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You miss one or two kinks and a game already is "vanilla" in its entirety? Other kinks don't count? Story or gameplay don't count?

I don't know yet of course but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to be not "only" vanilla.

Reactions: TheDevian

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
And i'm sorry but you have to explain to me what "incest or taboo kick" means, and how is it forced on players over at your place? :)
about Incest (or so called taboo) kink(fetish or get extra exitement from doing socially taboo things) , not everyone is into it, (please don't tell me the clasical then don't play it pharse) the vast mayority of games, is about incest, (yes, and I choose to play, or not to play at all) having a bunch of people complaining an whining about regulations that are imposed to the game creator is highly annoying, so as someone who is not into it but also not against, I feel a bit forced to go with something what I don't really care about,
about vanilla, the game profiles towards there will be some slight Bdsm roleplay options in it, (again I played both of Faerin games and there is allways a bit of it inside, not hard but good enough to add x-tra spice)
so if someone comes and calls my prefereces "vanilla" because they are not in his spectrum of exitement, then I ask to at least understand his statement, the deep explanation the game is vanilla because it contains vanilla, does not explain to me what makes you say it, more so that there is not even playable content inside.
at my place? well I live there where a president said "shitty country" so yeah it gets forced on me ! ;) :)

Williebouy

Jun 3, 2017
You miss one or two kinks and a game already is "vanilla" in its entirety? Other kinks don't count? Story or gameplay don't count?

I don't know yet of course but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to be not "only" vanilla.
I'm not saying other kinks don't count i like many different kinds, but since most of those are achievable in real life i have no real reason to play a game that only contains them.

Williebouy

Jun 3, 2017
about Incest (or so called taboo) kink(fetish or get extra exitement from doing socially taboo things) , not everyone is into it, (please don't tell me the clasical then don't play it pharse) the vast mayority of games, is about incest, (yes, and I choose to play, or not to play at all) having a bunch of people complaining an whining about regulations that are imposed to the game creator is highly annoying, so as someone who is not into it but also not against, I feel a bit forced to go with something what I don't really care about,
about vanilla, the game profiles towards there will be some slight Bdsm roleplay options in it, (again I played both of Faerin games and there is allways a bit of it inside, not hard but good enough to add x-tra spice)
so if someone comes and calls my prefereces "vanilla" because they are not in his spectrum of exitement, then I ask to at least understand his statement, the deep explanation the game is vanilla because it contains vanilla, does not explain to me what makes you say it, more so that there is not even playable content inside.
at my place? well I live there where a president said "shitty country" so yeah it gets forced on me ! ;) :)
Yes but you can get BDSM at home, so whats even the point of playing a game about it? I play games to escape to a reality where i can get what is otherwise unreachable in real life. And you don't need to get upset to get called vanilla, there are a lot of people out there that are.
So your president forces incest games on you? :D

• Haha
Reactions: xapican

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not saying other kinks don't count i like many different kinds, but since most of those are achievable in real life i have no real reason to play a game that only contains them.
Yes, but not being interested in stuff (and I am in that same boat with many kinks, and I also like me some big I) is not the same as "only vanilla content". It may easily be "no Williebuoy content", but that's not a general observation.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yes but you can get BDSM at home, so whats even the point of playing a game about it?
Because not everyone can. It depends on their partner's willingness.
You can't just generically apply your own situation & experience to everyone else.
I play games to escape to a reality where i can get what is otherwise unreachable in real life. And you don't need to get upset to get called vanilla, there are a lot of people out there that are.
Is not something being "vanilla" entirely subjective, anyway? :unsure:
Or is there a specific set of qualifying criteria for the term?
Apologies, but I'm not aware of them, if so.

I would have thought that it depends (almost entirely) on the player's personal taste & experience & what one person considers vanilla, might be considered risque by someone else.
Different strokes, for different folks.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
No matter, someone will eventually make an incest patch for it.
Of course there are some already planing how to implement them, just don't know if they made a thread, with patreon in the pic, the Dev team can't say anything public without taking backfire. ;)

Reactions: Sycho
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes