Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
The most boring gameplay I think I have played ever. So not counting the intro, there is one scene with the maid and the shower scene with Olivia and that is it? How many updates? I will be staying away from this waste of time

• Angry
Reactions: Torgun and japorean

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The most boring gameplay I think I have played ever. So not counting the intro, there is one scene with the maid and the shower scene with Olivia and that is it? How many updates? I will be staying away from this waste of time
It is still in the tech demo phase, and you barely finished the tutorial. Yes that is all there is for now, because he is still tweaking the mechanics, engine, UI, etc. You might want to wait until there IS some game play before judging it.
How many games, where you do not start with a love interest, let you have sex on the 2nd day of the game?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How many games, where you do not start with a love interest, let you have sex on the 2nd day of the game?
Actually, quite a lot. "I have always had the hots for you, even though we only met in passing 7 years ago, fuck me right now right here" is all too common. And it is almost always shit.

I mean there are a few stories who pull off a believable "early fuck with a not girlfriend", e. g. a down on his luck protagonist at a bar meets a woman also looking for fun, and as two consenting adults and three consenting drinks they decide to do it, but (a) as I said it is hard to write well and (b) it isn't one of the "main girls" of the story usually.

However, there seems to be a market for that, people who are not interested in story nor characters, just waiting for the pretty pictures (not saying that was the case with the post you replied to). Personally, I am not a customer in that market though.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Actually, quite a lot. "I have always had the hots for you, even though we only met in passing 7 years ago, fuck me right now right here" is all too common. And it is almost always shit.

I mean there are a few stories who pull off a believable "early fuck with a not girlfriend", e. g. a down on his luck protagonist at a bar meets a woman also looking for fun, and as two consenting adults and three consenting drinks they decide to do it, but (a) as I said it is hard to write well and (b) it isn't one of the "main girls" of the story usually.

However, there seems to be a market for that, people who are not interested in story nor characters, just waiting for the pretty pictures (not saying that was the case with the post you replied to). Personally, I am not a customer in that market though.
I admit, I haven't played too many new ones in a while, at least that is one thing you can say here, it makes sense in the story, either she is doing it on her own, in order to blackmail him, or someone else ordered her to do it, pretty sure I know which, but that is another discussion.

I guess that could be it, I generally avoid that kind of game. Story matters to me. lol

Reactions: rKnight

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
Very promising game. I enjoyed it this far.
The girls are hot with different personnalities.
Camera angles and speed choices during the scenes are good ideas. :D
Hope there will be a gallery/replay section in the future updates.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: xapican

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
is there a MAC version of this game or can anyone point me in the right direction? can use wine since it doesn't support directx11

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
is there a MAC version of this game or can anyone point me in the right direction? can use wine since it doesn't support directx11
There won't be a Mac version until the game is completed (in about 2½ years or so). And yes, you can use WINE or VM (VirtualBox, Paralells, etc...).

Reactions: TheDevian

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
There won't be a Mac version until the game is completed (in about 2½ years or so). And yes, you can use WINE or VM (VirtualBox, Paralells, etc...).
So I've been trying to get it to work on wine all morning lol. do you have you any recommendations to get it to work? I downloaded xquartz, home-brew, and wine from the terminal, sorry I am a noob at this, I've downloaded it in the past but now when I start the game up says I need directx11

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So I've been trying to get it to work on wine all morning lol. do you have you any recommendations to get it to work? I downloaded xquartz, home-brew, and wine from the terminal, sorry I am a noob at this, I've downloaded it in the past but now when I start the game up says I need directx11
I'm not at all familiar with WINE and I'm sure a lot has changed since MotH back when one of the regulars from that game's thread helped us by writing a WINE/MacOS/Linux guide. The only thing that I would suggest, which might be easier in the long run, would be to run the game from a Windows VM. That would save you a lot of hassle getting it to run/run properly. At least until development is completed and a native Mac build done. I'll ask one of our Mac guys if they can give you a hand though if you decide WINE would be better for you.

Reactions: ac1289

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I don't know for MacOSX, but guide we wrote for running MotH on Linux with WINE still applies to Midnight Sin. I am guessing guide still applies for Mac OSX, at least roughly. You can try that.

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
I don't know for MacOSX, but guide we wrote for running MotH on Linux with WINE still applies to Midnight Sin. I am guessing guide still applies for Mac OSX, at least roughly. You can try that.
can you link the guide for me? ill give it a shot, thanks!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
ill give it a go. appreciate all the help!
Glad I could help! And if you're still running into problems, I've pinged one of the guys asking to give you a hand.

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
Glad I could help! And if you're still running into problems, I've pinged one of the guys asking to give you a hand.
yea no luck, btw I'm running on a older Mac high Sierra 10.13.6, might be time to upgrade. tried to also do the parallels VM and that is saying no window found lol, the wine error is saying "failed to initialize graphics, make sure you have direct 11 installed, have up to date drivers for you graphics card and have not disabled 3d acceleration in display settings. initialized engine graphics failed"

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
yea no luck, btw I'm running on a older Mac high Sierra 10.13.6, might be time to upgrade. tried to also do the parallels VM and that is saying no window found lol, the wine error is saying "failed to initialize graphics, make sure you have direct 11 installed, have up to date drivers for you graphics card and have not disabled 3d acceleration in display settings. initialized engine graphics failed"
Well, I might be able to help you with the VM part. What you're going to need to get is a Windows 10 x64 ISO. You'll use that disc image to install the OS in whichever VM software you're running (I use VMware, but have used VirtualBox [which sucks, I might add] in the past) That OS will now be your new virtual machine (Windows guest running from a native MacOS host).

VM's basically allow you to run pretty much whatever OS you want in it, provided the hardware will support it or vice versa. But in this instance, it's not that big of a deal. You shouldn't run into trouble aside from possibly a resource issue.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, VMs eat up a lot of RAM. So you may have to tweak the amount of RAM you give the guest OS during installation. And even then it may still run sluggish. I'd start low; say 2 - 4GBs at first and adjust accordingly thereafter.

Windows 10 comes with DX12 out-of-the-box. You may need to get the runtimes (and I would highly recommend it).

For your Windows VM, you'll also want a copy of .

So, first thing you'll want to do is, install your VM, then install the OS on your VM. After that, install 7-Zip in the guest OS and extract the files from the all-in-one pack to your guest OS. Run the "install_all.bat" file, wait a minute or two for the files to install, then extract the game to its own folder (again, using 7-Zip). Then run the game. If all goes well, you should be off and running in no time. :)

If that all sounds a bit daunting, I would wait to hear back from one of the other guys on the team. They can help you on the Mac side.

Reactions: TheDevian

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
so I got it to work with a 14 day trial with crossover VM. Would like a more permanent solution perhaps with wine. but if I have to pay for a VM I guess ill have to do so for future use. Hopefully one of the Mates one here come through! again appreciate all the help thus far

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
so I got it to work with a 14 day trial with crossover VM. Would like a more permanent solution perhaps with wine. but if I have to pay for a VM I guess ill have to do so for future use. Hopefully one of the Mates one here come through! again appreciate all the help thus far
If it works with crossover, that means older version of Wine should work for you.

ac1289

Apr 20, 2023
If it works with crossover, that means older version of Wine should work for you.
so far I've deleted the most current version, I downloaded 3.0 and 5.2 stable version and that doesn't work either. is there a way to determine what one worked best last? otherwise there are tons to sift through. also do I need to download wine tricks everytime? cause I closed the page that had the terminal command for that

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
so far I've deleted the most current version, I downloaded 3.0 and 5.2 stable version and that doesn't work either. is there a way to determine what one worked best last? otherwise there are tons to sift through. also do I need to download wine tricks everytime? cause I closed the page that had the terminal command for that
I am really sorry, but I don't have a Mac with me, only HP laptop with Linux, so I am affraid, there is no much of use from me. Maybe try Faerin's discord, there are some MacOSX users there.

Reactions: ac1289
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes