Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

bmgabriel

Nov 27, 2017
After the first blackmailer's dialogue, when and where the first blackmailer event takes place. (sorry Google Translate)

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
yea no luck, btw I'm running on a older Mac high Sierra 10.13.6, might be time to upgrade. tried to also do the parallels VM and that is saying no window found lol, the wine error is saying "failed to initialize graphics, make sure you have direct 11 installed, have up to date drivers for you graphics card and have not disabled 3d acceleration in display settings. initialized engine graphics failed"
Sorry for keeping you in line. I am still checking for possibilities to run MNS under macOS via wine - no luck so far, only with tools (which are also wrappers for wine which makes this odd) like CrossOver which you already used to get it running. Nontheless I'll try more!
For the time being I'd recommend you to run the (in dev-versions) in a Windows VM though. Windows 10 will do and should have no problems with the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes Sycho posted in #640. You can run Windows via VMWare Fusion, which is free for personal use.

Let me say something to High Sierra: That system was not supported even on Faerin's previous game "Mystwood Manor", which required the successor macOS Mojave (10.14) - but that's also outdated and does not receive any updates anymore. If possible, I'd highly recommend you to upgrade to a newer version. Depending on your Hardware, you might do up to at least Big Sur or better: Monterey or even the still newest Ventura.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sycho

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Sorry for keeping you in line. I am still checking for possibilities to run MNS under macOS via wine - no luck so far, only with tools (which are also wrappers for wine which makes this odd) like CrossOver which you already used to get it running. Nontheless I'll try more!
For the time being I'd recommend you to run the (in dev-versions) in a Windows VM though. Windows 10 will do and should have no problems with the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes Sycho posted in #640. You can run Windows via VMWare Fusion, which is free for personal use.

Let me say something to High Sierra: That system was not supported even on Faerin's previous game "Mystwood Manor", which required the successor macOS Mojave (10.14) - but that's also outdated and does not receive any updates anymore. If possible, I'd highly recommend you to upgrade to a newer version. Depending on your Hardware, you might do up to at least Big Sur or better: Monterey or even the still newest Ventura.
Maybe it needs 32-byte wine prefix. If I remember well, MOTH couldn't run on 64 -byte wine on either Linux or MacOS. As for current game, it works on Linux with 64byte Wine, but Wine has better functionality on Linux. Our MOTH guide has command how to set 32-byte. I am not 100% sure it will work, but worth trying.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Maybe it needs 32-byte wine prefix. If I remember well, MOTH couldn't run on 64 -byte wine on either Linux or MacOS. As for current game, it works on Linux with 64byte Wine, but Wine has better functionality on Linux. Our MOTH guide has command how to set 32-byte. I am not 100% sure it will work, but worth trying.
Just as an FYI, I think you mean 32-bit, mate.
32 byte is 256-bit.

Reactions: Thermophob

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yes. Sorry it was my mistake.
No problem at all. My intention was not to criticise, just to share info. (y)
The most boring gameplay I think I have played ever. So not counting the intro, there is one scene with the maid and the shower scene with Olivia and that is it? How many updates? I will be staying away from this waste of time
This seems like a rather bizarre postion to adopt.
It's like criticising a book, when the author has just written the prologue & hasn't finished the 1st chapter yet.
I'd suggest reserving judgement, until there's something of substance to actually judge.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
is there a MAC version of this game or can anyone point me in the right direction? can use wine since it doesn't support directx11
Seriously, you cannot be surprised that there isn't one.

You do not buy a Mac for playing games. You buy a Mac to brag about your money, or because you're a part of the group that seriously thinks that Macs are better. FYI, that's a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Seriously, you cannot be surprised that there isn't one.

You do not buy a Mac for playing games. You buy a Mac to brag about your money, or because you're a part of the group that seriously thinks that Macs are better. FYI, that's a long time ago.
I buy a "Mac" because I'm Hungry.... :cautious: Is it wrong ??
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
While I will never forget their advertisement set to the River Kwai March - that stuff is even more vile.
Yeah! the trauma of a generation :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: what do you think I'm whistleing quietly after posting that ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "Clasical Earworm"
and you have the "Gebirgs Enzian" if not then use this one 1691278207995.png (Fenet-Branca helps against vampires) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay, for those wondering what we are talking about: xapican's pic shows a bottle of Underberg, a German herb based liquor - not entirely unlike Jägermeister which has branched out a lot into other countries recently so may be better known to you. They did have an series in the 1970s and 1980s where they (ab)used the River Kwai March for their message. And which was ubiquitous in German ad blocks - always a new movie but the same theme of people walking onto a hill and then down a hill, singing the same song, just in different seasons and with different people

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As xapican said, this is one of those ads that people of a certain generation (I'd say everybody above 40) will never forget. And it is not the best earworm to have. Oh, and Fernet Branca from his last post is another of those herb-alcohol drinks. We have dozens of them. Even though that one is Italian.

detox

Donor
May 6, 2017
Screen size problem: 1920x1080, the only resolution for windowed game, hide bottom icons and i don't like full screen.
I've a 2560x1080 monitor (21/9)
Suggestion on how to get different window size?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Screen size problem: 1920x1080, the only resolution for windowed game, hide bottom icons and i don't like full screen.
I've a 2560x1080 monitor (21/9)
Suggestion on how to get different window size?
Unfortunately I do not see a way you could be able to get the desired resolution you're looking for in windowed mode, unless you try Alt + Enter, but even that, I'm not sure if it'll help.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: detox and TheDevian

87lollol

Apr 26, 2017
never said that, stop acting like i did lol
Kinda saw this and my brain got triggered ,first is my right and any other person to like or dislike an engine and i can say why base on personal experience you can agree or disagree thats your right but simply saying you just don't like or like without saying any reason for it is just dumb, second lately i also saw a lot of people claiming i use X engine but is mine cuz i customize it witch in my opinion is wrong i also customize windows but it still dosent make it mine as im pretty sure (tho i might be wrong) the engines like unity or unreal they will take their fee (if you pass that threshold they set for income) they dont care how much modification you did on that engine in other words they own it not you ,but the ownership laws are pretty weird since i know songs for example that are old jazz and simply replay on a different tempo but at its core is just the same and the law permits it bah but what do i know im no expert q:0) just some words i spit here is your job to make sens of it

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
just some words i spit here is your job to make sens of it
No, it's your responsibility to make it clear what you're saying.

Also, by his logic the Call of Duty games are all Quake Engine games... They're not.
Just because something's derived from something does not mean it is still that thing.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
Kinda saw this and my brain got triggered ,first is my right and any other person to like or dislike an engine and i can say why base on personal experience you can agree or disagree thats your right but simply saying you just don't like or like without saying any reason for it is just dumb,
Never said i dislike unity tho, proof it if i did.
People just interpreting stuff in this forum thats not there because they want to fight for some reason.
My guess is for likes on their post.

Faerin was the only one who actualy did understand my post tho its fine for me.
And he even answered my question so double fine for me.

Reactions: allanl9020142
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes