Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Wow. A lot of posts in one day! Thanks for the feedback, guys.
And of course, there's always one of "those". At least he proved the point I was making in the previous post ;)

Fwiw: I really do try to make my games accessible for everyone (you know, with the hints and tutorial and all), but I guess my games do require some very basic intelligence to play, like knowing how to read or how to click a mouse and maybe put a rational thought together every now and then...

My apologies to those who don't meet that criteria (looking at you, Mr. Grumpy).

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
i didnt delete my saves so it is your fault all i did was save then quit the game and when i reopened it all my saves were gone so fix your shit see i can get a attitude aswell i wouldnt want to but man this game is a buggy mess and the hints arent helpful or usefull if one cant pull them up at anytime to see it again to remind them on what they need to do because if the hints were useful how come i didnt know what to do explain that to me and to add where saves go in unity i will do you a solid and help you out because they dont go where the dev wants them they go here
\AppData\LocalLow
learn your stuff first my friend
OK, first, don't play the game from within the archive. That's the only way the save folder doesn't get created.

Saves were one of the first things we tested, so the "shit" doesn't need fixing, you do.

The hints are helpful - hover over the portraits. You can see them whenever you like (as long as the portraits are visible).

You didn't know what to do because you likely skipped all the dialog, and didn't understand the hints.

Saves for a Unity game can go to the path you said. Some DEVs want to make sure they are more accessible, like maybe in the game folder?

Any other stupid comments?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
OK, first, don't play the game from within the archive. That's the only way the save folder doesn't get created.

Saves were one of the first things we tested, so the "shit" doesn't need fixing, you do.

The hints are helpful - hover over the portraits. You can see them whenever you like (as long as the portraits are visible).

You didn't know what to do because you likely skipped all the dialog, and didn't understand the hints.

Saves for a Unity game can go to the path you said. Some DEVs want to make sure they are more accessible, like maybe in the game folder?

Any other stupid comments?
1701039636567.jpeg

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
i didnt delete my saves so it is your fault all i did was save then quit the game and when i reopened it all my saves were gone so fix your shit see i can get a attitude aswell i wouldnt want to but man this game is a buggy mess and the hints arent helpful or usefull if one cant pull them up at anytime to see it again to remind them on what they need to do because if the hints were useful how come i didnt know what to do explain that to me and to add where saves go in unity i will do you a solid and help you out because they dont go where the dev wants them they go here
\AppData\LocalLow
Okay there's a lot to unpack here

i didnt delete my saves so it is your fault all i did was save then quit the game and when i reopened it all my saves were gone so fix your shit
Alright let's look at this one, I have to ask did you unpack the game from the rar file you downloaded or did you just start playing the game from inside the rar file. If you didn't unpack it then the game won't save a thing all it will do is continue to act like it's unpacked and there are no saves to load as they don't exist.
The game isn't designed to delete your saves because suprisingly so many others have played it and moved their saves over from previous versions and played and completed the update. (Funny how this has only happened to you)

see i can get a attitude aswell i wouldnt want to but man this game is a buggy mess and the hints arent helpful or usefull if one cant pull them up at anytime to see it again to remind them on what they need to do because if the hints were useful how come i didnt know what to do explain that to me
See we're not giving attitude we're trying to help but you don't want that you just want. Please if the game is as buggy as hell please point them out as we test each version extensively so the players can enjoy the game. Again I refer to my answer above many people have played it and I don't see a lot of reported bugs except for you.
As for the hints they're on the bottom of the screen they're also on the characters profiles again many people have completed this update with the useless hints that you have said aren't useful or helpful, so what conclusion can we reach from that?
There is the possibility that this game may well be beyond your comprehension, this isn't kindergarten this is an adult game forum and the dev doesn't have to hand hold players through their game if he doesn't want to or if they lack the intelligence to follow a simple hint. That's not a bug or a failure of the game that's down to you.
You wanted an explanation there you have it

and to add where saves go in unity i will do you a solid and help you out because they dont go where the dev wants them they go here
\AppData\LocalLow
Again you're showing here your complete lack of knowledge. The saves go where the dev wants to put them. Faerin has had two successful games before this one and has always put the saves in the game folder. I will grant you this that for people who play other games this might be a bit confusing at first but they get used to it.
So for example if Faerin wanted to put them up your arse that's where they would be but I doubt you could still find them with both hands.
People here where willing to help you and all you wanted to do was trash the game with your made up bugs etc. You even argued with the writer of the walkthrough that it wasn't sufficient and yet again people have used it and got through the game.
So in closing and after reading this who is at fault the game or the user? I've a feeling you will still say the game, but even after your pathetic review we're still here to help, but only with the game your problem is beyond us

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Well, seems that you guy's are doing things right, the trolls are rabid, :ROFLMAO: Well done ! by the way when you go on Anabelles quests is it normal that you can't access her room from the map? only from the hallway?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Well, seems that you guy's are doing things right, the trolls are rabid, :ROFLMAO: Well done ! by the way when you go on Anabelles quests is it normal that you can't access her room from the map? only from the hallway?
A short, and hopefully appreciated, insight into how we test this:

This very scenario caused some discussion, because it does seem a little inconsistent. You pick up Victoria IN her room, you pick up Olivia IN her room, you pick up Maddie IN the Study. But Belle - you don't actually ENTER her room, you just knock from the hallway.

Thus why the door shows unlocked in the Hallway view, but the ROOM is locked on the MAP.

I actually reported this as a bug at first, since you could use the door on a locked room. But when we discussed, the way it's set up makes sense: You HAVE to use the door to get her attention, and can't go directly to her room.

We notice these things, and try to make sure it all makes sense in the end. We have discussions where we disagree.

The point of all this?

When adults act like adults, discussion takes place and conclusions are reached.

When Trolls be Trolls, you just see who can troll 'stupider'.

Maybe it's a language barrier thing. That grammar and spelling are all over the place ... Gahdamn. (Edit: Wait. " Is all over the place ...?" "Those are ...? Damn it! Now he's got me all fucked up!)
Wut?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
can you get the vol IV book yet?
Not yet because Faer...Olivia has to think of something that our MC has to do in return..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
ZenGarden ; yeah it makes sense, It is insinuated in the game as well, and it is consitent with her shy personality, I'm totally curious how things evolve with Rebecca, and if she is Blackmailed as well,

Reactions: Sycho and TheDevian

hgamer1269

Aug 25, 2018
so just to understand...if everyone shows there is nothing else more to do this means that ive reached the end of the update? because the last thing i reached is while talking in dinner, is that giving annabelle lessons, and nothing else is happening after it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
so just to understand...if everyone shows there is nothing else more to do this means that ive reached the end of the update? because the last thing i reached is while talking in dinner, is that giving annabelle lessons, and nothing else is happening after it.
Yeah, if you have no more hints, you are done for now.

hgamer1269

Aug 25, 2018
ok thank you, the game is amazing, cant wait for more content, and just to make sure, ive reached the end by just talking about training annabelle in the end right? just talk...no actions ey

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
ok thank you, the game is amazing, cant wait for more content, and just to make sure, ive reached the end by just talking about training annabelle in the end right? just talk...no actions ey
Yes, that's correct.

Reactions: TheDevian
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes