Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
A short, and hopefully appreciated, insight into how we test this:

This very scenario caused some discussion, because it does seem a little inconsistent. You pick up Victoria IN her room, you pick up Olivia IN her room, you pick up Maddie IN the Study. But Belle - you don't actually ENTER her room, you just knock from the hallway.

Thus why the door shows unlocked in the Hallway view, but the ROOM is locked on the MAP.

I actually reported this as a bug at first, since you could use the door on a locked room. But when we discussed, the way it's set up makes sense: You HAVE to use the door to get her attention, and can't go directly to her room.

We notice these things, and try to make sure it all makes sense in the end. We have discussions where we disagree.

The point of all this?

When adults act like adults, discussion takes place and conclusions are reached.

When Trolls be Trolls, you just see who can troll 'stupider'.

Wut?
Was talking about the weird guy who was complaining. Never mind, bad joke. *sigh*

I'll just go back to my corner now ...:confused:
taylor-bartley-sad.gif

Last edited:

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Oh, this is the mystwood manor guy? That game was great. I'll let this cook some more though.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Wow. A lot of posts in one day! Thanks for the feedback, guys.
And of course, there's always one of "those". At least he proved the point I was making in the previous post ;)

Fwiw: I really do try to make my games accessible for everyone (you know, with the hints and tutorial and all), but I guess my games do require some very basic intelligence to play, like knowing how to read or how to click a mouse and maybe put a rational thought together every now and then...

My apologies to those who don't meet that criteria (looking at you, Mr. Grumpy).
Yeah, I am pissed at you as well, Faerin, because you used words instead of crayon-drawn pictures for the hints. Also, the hints read like they're written for 18-year-olds or older. I only have the mental capacity of a 10-year-old, so I'm feeling really excluded right now, and it's all your fault!! /s :)

Anyway, please keep up the usual good work. So many good games these days have really long development cycles between episodes, so it's always a pleasure to play a gem of a game with consistent and regular updates on a monthly cycle.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I am pissed at you as well, Faerin, because you used words instead of crayon-drawn pictures for the hints. Also, the hints read like they're written for 18-year-olds or older. I only have the mental capacity of a 10-year-old, so I'm feeling really excluded right now, and it's all your fault!! /s :)
One of those "You should have been there" times. I forget if we were testing MotH the day I did this, but I drew an image of Veronica in Paint Shop Pro (extremely crude drawing, I might add) and showed it to Faerin. He laughed, I laughed, then I looked at the picture again and cried in a corner somewhere... :LOL:

xxaccursedxx

Dec 3, 2018
You're thinking of Ren'Py games as those save in "AppData/Renpy/name of the game" folder. These games developed by Faerin always stores the saves in the game's folder (it's been that way the past three games or 6 years now) which needs to be moved to the updated game's folder before you can continue.
I was just taken aback by the difference because all unity games that I've played, although I'm not much of a gamer, had their saves located not in the game directory itself. And I am also not acquainted with other of his unity games.
No, that is Ren'Py, in Unity, the saves go where the dev tells it, which is this folder called SAVES in the main game's folder. Complex shit.
Yeah, I realized that yesterday.

Reactions: Faerin

Einaridov

Jan 28, 2018
Can't find the Pride book in Victoria's room. Any hint?
Also can't trigger the 4th blackmail event in my room on Saturday evening at 22:00. Nothing happens at this time.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
i couldnt manage the open inventory after i click the toilet paper any help ?
Take a look here, https://f95zone.to/threads/midnight-sin-v0-1-8-faerin.154475/post-12293336
Can't find the Pride book in Victoria's room. Any hint?
Also can't trigger the 4th blackmail event in my room on Saturday evening at 22:00. Nothing happens at this time.
The pride book you have to ask for it from Victoria herself,
Did you complete the 3rd blackmail event involving Victoria ?

Reactions: TheDevian

umsuruk

Aug 2, 2020
Can you attach your save, please? I'll take a look at that for you. Also, out of curiosity, what resolution are you playing the game in? We've seen at least one report from a player who was using a higher resolution than 1920x1080 having the same problem in the previous version where they had to click on the book Annabelle had under her arm. I'm thinking that might be the case here as well.
Ok, I finished all the quests but the toilet thing. I tried to play this in fullscreen, windowed, high resolution, low resolution etc. The inventory can be seen anywhere including in the toilet, however, whenever I took the roll it never appeared again.

I have attached my latest save file, too.

I have added a screen recording, too.
View attachment bandicam 2023-11-27 17-08-48-117.mp4

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Ok, I finished all the quests but the toilet thing. I tried to play this in fullscreen, windowed, high resolution, low resolution etc. The inventory can be seen anywhere including in the toilet, however, whenever I took the roll it never appeared again.

I have attached my latest save file, too.

I have added a screen recording, too.
View attachment 3122026
Thanks a lot for taking the time to record it, that helps a lot.

i did actually changed game and pc resolution, the settings.ini is this kind of bug or something
Could you guys try saving and then closing the game and loading?

If the problem still persists, please share your save file.

EDIT 1: Oh, I see you already attached it. I'll have a look and let you know.

EDIT 2: I Checked your save and it works fine for me. Does it still occur if you close the game and load your save?
If it does, would you mind sharing your settings.ini file as well?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

enesliyeli

Feb 3, 2020
Thanks a lot for taking the time to record it, that helps a lot.

Could you guys try saving and then closing the game and loading?

If the problem still persists, please share your save file.

EDIT 1: Oh, I see you already attached it. I'll have a look and let you know.

EDIT 2: I Checked your save and it works fine for me. Does it still occur if you close the game and load your save?
If it does, would you mind sharing your settings.ini file as well?
Yea i closed the game its still the samenad also i put 2 save file one before i took the paper and other after.
.ini doesnt allowed btw do u want me the zip it or something. I could type here anyway:
{"Language":"english","QualityLevel":0,"Fullscreen":true,"MasterVolume":10.0,"MusicVolume":10.0,"Resolution":"1366 x 768","SkipUnseen":false,"Typewriter":true,"SkipSpeed":10,"Hints":true,"HighlightInteractions":true,"ShowNavigation":true,"UIColor":"#FF00B4"}

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes