Aug 7, 2019
So, not even a changelog for us to have an inkling of what to look forward to?

Sometimes i feel like cracking this thing's assets and making a Ren'py or even RPG Maker port would make lots of people much happier.
At the end of this game , u have somekind of preview in next updates what we can xpect with aunt and mom I think...it's like some reviewing TV series where they show u before what u have missed in past episodes and the at the end show u what is it next...but I agree with u...no change-log updateted and those nxt things...will probably be in 7 months from now.

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
I think the dev was expecting to get a lot of money from day 1 and doesn't get that if he was giving regular updates and feedback to his patreons he could at least 10x his income really fast, everything about the game is good, except the lack of updates and content, such a shame.

Pippone

Feb 7, 2018
I think the dev was expecting to get a lot of money from day 1 and doesn't get that if he was giving regular updates and feedback to his patreons he could at least 10x his income really fast, everything about the game is good, except the lack of updates and content, such a shame.
Agree 100% :(

Reactions: Quantum Singularity

kaalvin

Dec 24, 2018
I can understand a patrons anger at the startup of Milfarion's patreon (or many others really) with him promising, or atleast trying to set goals for his updates, and then not coming through with them (skimmed through the patron posts from 2017 onwards and got that feeling from what i could read). I also dont know if back then he 'blew up' and was making a decent ammount, but its definately risky for new patreons and scammers are a real thing nowadays (back then too ofcourse). But after a certain point, for example in this case a year+, there should be enough information there in the form of posts on patreon or forums etc, to give you an idea of whether or not you personally want to, or even should support the creator. You can clearly see the content gaps go from 1-2 months to 3-4 months and so on. If you're a patron from the time of an update and the next one is promised for the next month, but it doesnt get delivered, then sure you can say thats on them and you're obviously in it personally for the content update (not a bad thing btw). However, if you then keep paying another month or more and the game still aint updated, thats on YOU. If you're in it for the content, then just stop at that point because there is no reason not to, until you see the next update (hell even the one after if its on time and that just makes you feel more comfortable going back in).

Probably noticed I mention content update often there, because not everyone is in it for that (patreon/patron duh). Some people are in it simply to support the creator because they liked this game and want to see it go forward for whatever personal reasons *squelch fapfap squelch* so they'll stick with it no matter what. More power to ya.

Personally, I really enjoyed the game and thought the scenes and models were great (Haven't played for a build or two but im gonna try this one out from the beginning). Yes the updates have been particularly short and FAR and inbetween, but definately not to the point where i think he should just scrap the project entirely, its coming along slowly but surely. If people are still patrons at this point, then they're most likely the ones who really enjoy the game and want to support it regardless of those things. If not, and you dont want to read into the dates and past posts, then the latest one makes it fairly clear hes focusing more on his job and not making any more promises about build releases which *hint hints* to me "your money aint gonna make these updates go any faster. Im just one guy with my own circumstances working on this part time. Stop bitchin plz."

Basically im trying to say people should be alot more understanding by now (obviously not nearing the start of the whole thing, that anger was understandable), and less of the rage with patrons feeling scammed recently with content updates, since its pretty clear how this one has been going for a while now.

P.S. Im usually lurpak. I decided to read pages of the thread on a whim and saw alot more hate than usual so i gave my 2cents. Not looking to debate over it.

Aug 7, 2019
If u can't update at least 1 time per month (literally u can be late half month so `1 and the half is ok) - instead u update 1 in 5 months...
It is a lie.
First of all, your big comment make us to believe that u protecting liars.
As guy before u commented that 3 minutes of gameplay for several months of waitnig means nothing. No matter how good or beautiful game is. That's why guy above is 100% right about ''developers tryn' to get rich fast - instead to be smarter and build confidence on trust for their Patreon followers. I will add only 1 thing more:
WHY U STARTING NEW PROJECTS, AND HAVEN'T FINISHED 1 UPDATE STILL...U LOSING FOCUS ON OTHER GAMES-PROJECT, and only thing what u got is little earning at the beginning instead to use your brain and satisfy customers. When u already have beautiful game and storyline plot etc. why'd ya losing focus on other things by starting them ??

Aug 7, 2019
It's like in football:
if defender lost focus on his key matchup by starting to play more and more in offense but still didn't finished his primary job, usually lost game and allow his followers to lost trust in him...so he got traded away for better more trusty player and team mate.

umwelt

Mar 9, 2018
I love this game, but that update was... short, to say the least. 3 minutes? Why bother even putting it out, unless its a teaser for something big a week away, who knows.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
i had some expectations for this back in the day but the 6 minutes of gameplay per year is definately a bummer. feel bad for the patreons but then again if they havent stopped supporting by now they deserve to get ripped off. INB4 "PATREON ISN'T A PAY FOR CONTENT SERVICE!" yes, yes it it you literally support creators so they can create something not so they can not work on stuff

Lolicop

Aug 9, 2017
i had some expectations for this back in the day but the 6 minutes of gameplay per year is definately a bummer. feel bad for the patreons but then again if they havent stopped supporting by now they deserve to get ripped off. INB4 "PATREON ISN'T A PAY FOR CONTENT SERVICE!" yes, yes it it you literally support creators so they can create something not so they can not work on stuff
This resonates with me! These games look so good but the content updates are few and far between =/

3.20 star(s) 32 Votes