Flying.Whale

Apr 19, 2018
Just because the artist quit does not mean the game is dead. The ones that own it can get a different artist and still carry out the game.
I don't think so. The art style of this game is so particular, so, it would be hard to find somebody to do the things the way it was already done.
I'm surprise of how many people is expecting, or have any hope for this game to come back. Just let it go. And in case that they come back, well, congratulations.

PikoPiko

Dec 2, 2018
I don't think so. The art style of this game is so particular, so, it would be hard to find somebody to do the things the way it was already done.
I'm surprise of how many people is expecting, or have any hope for this game to come back. Just let it go. And in case that they come back, well, congratulations.
No this artwork is pretty basic style. Its based off of old Disney style artwork. The colors and shading is very minimal and its mostly dedicated to the characters and not much else being changed. Also given so much already given for facial animations they just have to draw body positions and can reuse the faces.

Flying.Whale

Apr 19, 2018
No this artwork is pretty basic style. Its based off of old Disney style artwork. The colors and shading is very minimal and its mostly dedicated to the characters and not much else being changed. Also given so much already given for facial animations they just have to draw body positions and can reuse the faces.
Mmm... That is not how art works actually. I know that is like an old Disney style, but is not equal. It has its particularitys, and an artist behind that work. You make it sound like if a robot is behind scenes making the art, animationes, etc. Body proportions(Especially this one), face expresions, is not like you can copy just like that and make it work. You have to know about color palette. The way an artist treat a body, its proportions, the lines, the curves, etc. I don't know if you are an artist, if you know how to create characters, make color palette, etc. If you be an artist, then you should know how hard is to reach an art style, even if a Disney like style.

This is not like those assholes on youtube copying Dragon Ball imgs on a paper, and calling it art.

And last, how would you do to even find an artist, that is dispose to copy body shapes, old poses, and old face expressions? Replacing an artist who worked on project that was not belong to him, with his own art style is not that easy, is really hard. I personally wouldn't take a job like that. I think artist have his own ego, so copying others artist art style, dude, have some values at least.
Just think about it. I won't put examples to don't make spam.

Last edited:

Flying.Whale

Apr 19, 2018
While it's understandable why artists would dislike having to copy other artists, it's still just a gig and they don't have to put their name to the work. If it pays well enough why not?
Do you read to yourself when you write? Which artist, would work on a project, accepting to not let his name be on the credits? Artist need to eat, pay taxes, to live dude. They need to be know to have more laboral oportunitys. It's useless that a job pays well if you are an unknow, because you will have money for a few months, after that, the artist won't have a job because he is unknow. (In this case, if the artist is like previous, it is almost like working for free, and the other artist will indirectly have credits, because people will think that it was him, while it wasn't.). It is a very risky move, and non sense. Now I'm surprise and very dissapointed of how some members of this comunity are so desperate to have this game back, no matter at what cost. You, and the other guy, thinks that artist are like toys, or objects, only able to satisfy your needs. Dude, wake up. Artists are people too, we have needs, lifes, our ego, our identity. Basically, you are saying to them to let all that outside, in order to satisfy to you. Is not worthy. You are not worthy of that, and your comment prove it.

Reactions: JBlake and Matao

Flying.Whale

Apr 19, 2018
I mean a lot of artists do gigs for money, or work as temps or interns in large companies - neither of those jobs are likely to get you credited. At the same time they also produce their own stuff. Same for other lines of work, software devs code for other people's software. It's not nice but it's how many people earn money, I was just pointing it out not endorsing it.
Yeah, but there is a big difference between a large company, and a small freelance game studio. Work structure is also different. Besides, just think about it. Besides, the comparison of lines of work is kinda non sense. Because not all of them manage their work the same way. For some artist, large companies are a great place to grow, mainly for begginers, if they want to work for a large company, and then, after that, being able to be on their own on projects. But you know that many people that worked that way, in the end, they preffer to be on their own, not getting stuck on those companys.
But, for small studios like must the ones here, depends on the users, and their support, and bc of that, they most handle things on a different way(And yeah, not all of them have the same experience on the freelance field, so some of them have hard times handleing things). Above all, the freelance workers that depend on being know for the people to be able to keep working.

Last edited:

Chabs28

Jul 20, 2020
Just because the artist quit does not mean the game is dead. The ones that own it can get a different artist and still carry out the game.
If they gonna find/get another artist the story of the game and characters will be not the same again and it will be different

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Remaking a game from scratch with other artist its investing wayyyyy more time and resources than continuing using the current artist's assets & work.

a clear example its this Game Called Obidil , and as you can see at least they stopped receiving money from patreon until they had a new game ready to be shared to his pledgers from scratch.

And the situation seems to be quite the same or not? but TL;DR at least they do decided to make an announcement to their pledgers about the situation and in top of that to not use the ex-artist assets rather than remake the game with new art.

So in comparison with milftoon drama: there's absolutely no announcement coming from them nor on patreon or here.
They still receiving money instead of stopping the pledges so they can be transparent to their patrons.
And finally it seems doubtful at this very time that they do have found a new artists to keep the continuation of what may be or not a remake version.

At the end of the day anyone can make their own conclusions of the current situation but at this point its doubtful to see anything in regards this game.

3.40 star(s) 148 Votes