RADAMANTHSYEK

Jan 24, 2019
well reading few posts in here I just want to point out few things,

I know people are mad at dev for not delivering this update early , but judging for his work and time he put on this update (around 5 to 6 months) I think this is gonna be a great update, I mean last update had only 800 Renders and I finished it around 25 min but this time its gonna be an hour game play which is good,(over 2000 renders !)

also keep in mind for those who says that he should work fully on this game . I think those who are 3D graphic artists know that rendering is one of the annoying aspects when it comes to 3D graphic.

when an animation takes 6 days to finish , whether he sits behind his computer or not it takes freaking 6 days to finish , it is like you are downloading a 4 Gb file with 20 kb download speed no matter what you do you just have to wait till your download gets finished.

but once again as a guy who works on these kinda stuff daily I think he is doing good job and he is not milking us, how ever he could send this update sooner but he decided to play with fire and come up with an excuses every time which was adding more content . and if he doesn't bring that promise well yea that is true defenation of being a Scammer .

If you do something professionally, you must meet the deadlines. ICSTOR set a deadline which he did not meet. The announcement of the date is tantamount to signing the contract. The current situation (people's anger) is the result of his lack of professionalism (no one told him to set the date of August). ICSTOR has committed "seppuku" (his image).

Probably the update 0.6 will be the last, because he has no idea for further development (as confirmed by delays).

Last edited:

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
If I had 7000 patreons. I would have 1-2 fully dedicated rendering machines. Anything else would just be stupid.

And I honestly think he does. Because he clearly knows what it is he is doing, his work is quality.
I think he knows what he is doing, not only in the rendering, but actually in the 'testing', and in the 'delaying', the guy knows his audience, probably does a lot of analytics and knows how to get the most money out of this business he has.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If you do something professionally, you must meet the deadlines. ICSTOR set a deadline which he did not meet. The announcement of the date is tantamount to signing the contract. The current situation (people's anger) is the result of his lack of professionalism (no one told him to set the date of August). ICSTOR has committed "seppuku" (his image).

Probably the update 0.6 will be the last, because he has no idea for further development (as confirmed by delays).
He didn't even put August for the first deadline.It seems people forget that we are expecting it in February/March and later in June.

Javichu

Jan 31, 2018
I'm thinking seriously about ask for vacations for play the game after 10 october but if he says delay o isues i will cry as a woman T_T

Reactions: kakulbka

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
well reading few posts in here I just want to point out few things,

I know people are mad at dev for not delivering this update early , but judging for his work and time he put on this update (around 5 to 6 months) I think this is gonna be a great update, I mean last update had only 800 Renders and I finished it around 25 min but this time its gonna be an hour game play which is good,(over 2000 renders !)

also keep in mind for those who says that he should work fully on this game . I think those who are 3D graphic artists know that rendering is one of the annoying aspects when it comes to 3D graphic.

when an animation takes 6 days to finish , whether he sits behind his computer or not it takes freaking 6 days to finish , it is like you are downloading a 4 Gb file with 20 kb download speed no matter what you do you just have to wait till your download gets finished.

but once again as a guy who works on these kinda stuff daily I think he is doing good job and he is not milking us, how ever he could send this update sooner but he decided to play with fire and come up with an excuses every time which was adding more content . and if he doesn't bring that promise well yea that is true defenation of being a Scammer .
Do you know how much CG he have ?
Even for 2000 renders, the delay is too long.

Damonalgren

Aug 30, 2017

Probably update 0.6 will be the last, because there is no idea for further development (this is confirmed by delays).
well first of all this is not a professional work or even a team , it is just bunch of stand renders with few animations along side, and trust me I am real life game designer , when something is professional that you have team and a sponsor that invest over 1 Million dollar over something and expects you to deliver it without delay. people like Icstor are just freelancers, and Icstor is succesful freelancer ,and delays can happen, it is normal if you ever worked as freelancer,

its just amazing that people think just because he earns like 20K per month he should be your Bitch and delivers you an update each 2 months .

good animators earn 20k per month regardless . so if he doesn't get money here he can for surely get it somewhere else

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
Alpha/integration testing (select group, lots of early problems) -> beta testing (i.e., most patrons) -> general release
LOL. This is almost linear game in Renpy and not banking application on mainframe or some game using complicated 3d engine. 98% of actual code could be just copied from earlier and modified. The rest would take maximum of 3-4 workdays for someone who have experience (he has) and wrote the code.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
well first of all this is not a professional work or even a team , it is just bunch of stand renders with few animations along side, and trust me I am real life game designer , when something is professional that you have team and a sponsor that invest over 1 Million dollar over something and expects you to deliver it without delay. people like Icstor are just freelancers, and Icstor is succesful freelancer ,and delays can happen, it is normal if you ever worked as freelancer,

its just amazing that people think just because he earns like 20K per month he should be your Bitch and delivers you an update each 2 months .

good animators earn 20k per month regardless . so if he doesn't get money here he can for surely get it somewhere else
In order for something to be labelled professional all it means is they are being paid, Icstor is getting paid so he is a professional by definition. Now the question is by missing repeated deadlines does that make him less of a professional and in my opinion it does.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Another silly issue is how much money. Most animators that are true professionals do not make a ton of money, they do it because they love the job. Here is some real world proof:

Damonalgren

Aug 30, 2017
Another silly issue is how much money. Most animators that are true professionals do not make a ton of money, they do it because they love the job. Here is some real world proof:

Great , but don't you think your source is a bit outdated ? it is a bit higher in 2019 ( 20k more ) and they make around 20k per month by teaching on platforms or making sub projects like this :)

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
T
Great , but don't you think your source is a bit outdated ? it is a bit higher in 2019 ( 20k more ) and they make around 20k per month by teaching on platforms or making sub projects like this :)
The point was that many true professionals do not make anywhere near 20k a month. The mark of a true professional is someone that lives up to what they say they will do.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
how long is delay cause I see him delaying it twice right now
Last update : Nov 17, 2018 at 6:13pm

Break : Mar 23 at 11:28pm

He's back : Jun 14 at 7:35pm

Progress and update probably end of month : Aug 8 at 1:48pm

Testing 1 release for 10 Sep : Aug 29 at 6:13pm

Testing 2 : Sep 26 at 7:14pm

So, just 1 month ? No :
Nov 18 > 22 Mar
BREAK 23 Mar > 13 June
Back 14 June > today

I don't count 1 month, but +6 month.
2000 renders, 10k word in 6 month.
I m writer, i write 500 words in 1h (with 10 min break)

Last edited:

Damonalgren

Aug 30, 2017
T

The point was that many true professionals do not make anywhere near 20k a month. The mark of a true professional is someone that lives up to what they say they will do.
well I am working as animator but don't know about you or how is your logic regarding this matter , but i see many of my co-workers who are managing 2 two projects per year and they earn almost around 20k per month

and that is fact it is not even a lie animation or game design industry are dominating the market right now and with platforms like Patreon youtube or other teaching platform such as skillshare and udemy its is to reach that amount of money if you are skilled at your job

Damonalgren

Aug 30, 2017
Last update : Nov 17, 2018 at 6:13pm

Break : Mar 23 at 11:28pm

He's back : Jun 14 at 7:35pm

Progress and update probably end of month : Aug 8 at 1:48pm

Testing 1 release for 10 Sep : Aug 29 at 6:13pm

Testing 2 : Sep 26 at 7:14pm

So, just 1 month ? No :
Nov 18 > 22 Mar
BREAK 23 Mar > 13 June
Back 14 June > today

I don't count 1 month, but +6 month.
2000 renders, 10k word in 6 month.
I m writer, i write 500 words in 1h (with 10 min break)
dude don't count his vacation as delay and count time he made christmas episode

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes