Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Those are the dedicated fans for you ... Gamers are very happy go lucky and looking for a quick ... erm ... game every day;)!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Another silly issue is how much money. Most animators that are true professionals do not make a ton of money, they do it because they love the job. Here is some real world proof:

So there are professionals and true professionals. Are there also really true professionals or true true professionals? Having a profession doesn't make you a professional ;)

ludobico

Oct 31, 2017
The problem is, he did caroline renders before the break (which means almost half of the update). Doesn't matter how many words include, writer is another person. Nobody wants that neighbour content and he gone wrong path. Jesus, who the fuck neighbours? I really don't remember. Anyone?
a bad thought: maybe caroline contents weren't ready and he hid it with the excuse of adding new characters...

Reactions: Jaun Karr

SuperiorOne

Apr 2, 2019
Isn't it painfully obvious that the sole reason for this "delay" is the mere fact that icstor is still working on neighbors content.
1.png 2.png
So 0.6 is delayed, it's a fact. And because 0.6 is delayed - 0.7(for sure) and 0.8(most likely) will be delayed too.
So everything is delayed for at least a month because of 10-15 mins of content with voyeurism/night molestation for a characters no one cares about.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
Last update : Nov 17, 2018 at 6:13pm

Break : Mar 23 at 11:28pm

He's back : Jun 14 at 7:35pm

Progress and update probably end of month : Aug 8 at 1:48pm

Testing 1 release for 10 Sep : Aug 29 at 6:13pm

Testing 2 : Sep 26 at 7:14pm

So, just 1 month ? No :
Nov 18 > 22 Mar
BREAK 23 Mar > 13 June
Back 14 June > today

I don't count 1 month, but +6 month.
2000 renders, 10k word in 6 month.
I m writer, i write 500 words in 1h (with 10 min break)
It's not 10k words, it's 60k or do you mean the wordcount for 1 content?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
LOL. This is almost linear game in Renpy and not banking application on mainframe or some game using complicated 3d engine. 98% of actual code could be just copied from earlier and modified. The rest would take maximum of 3-4 workdays for someone who have experience (he has) and wrote the code.
It's the standard testing procedure which was advertised - if you knew anything at all about what you claim to understand, then it would be obvious ICSTOR is using a far simpler quality assurance process than what a financial application would need to undergo.

And, it would also be easy to see that ICSTOR is essentially using a form of "Waterfall" development approach for each release and all the pitfalls that implies.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
It's the standard testing procedure which was advertised - if you knew anything at all about what you claim to understand, then it would be obvious ICSTOR is using a far simpler quality assurance process than what a financial application would need to undergo.

And, it would also be easy to see that ICSTOR is essentially using a form of "Waterfall" development approach for each release and all the pitfalls that implies.
I understand that he needs to get feedback from testers, fix it and repeat entire process etc..
What I doubt is that quite simple, almost linear renpy game with update that with skipping text will probably take 20 minutes to finish is taking so long to test. Considering there is not a lot of different ways you can play this update even he himself can in few hours test every one of them. After that next phase with external testers will probably not need to be repeated many times. If it needs and testing will take a month then he is a terrible sloppy programmer :)

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I understand that he needs to get feedback from testers, fix it and repeat entire process etc..
What I doubt is that quite simple, almost linear renpy game with update that with skipping text will probably take 20 minutes to finish is taking so long to test. Considering there is not a lot of different ways you can play this update even he himself can in few hours test every one of them. After that next phase with external testers will probably not need to be repeated many times. If it needs and testing will take a month then he is a terrible sloppy programmer :)
He has previously stated that his images are derived from a general plot first, then he brings in the writer to script with a full narrative and the developer to code everything together. This leads to an almost big-bang approach to integrating everything and is part of his problems, IMHO: for a larger than usual release, it's far easier to mess up getting these pieces together and even knowing if all the content was completed (properly or at all). His overall process might be OK for a 1-2 month release cycle, but not great for this scope of a release, IMHO.

Reactions: Jaun Karr and Jarul

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Isn't it painfully obvious that the sole reason for this "delay" is the mere fact that icstor is still working on neighbors content.
View attachment 418469 View attachment 418470
So 0.6 is delayed, it's a fact. And because 0.6 is delayed - 0.7(for sure) and 0.8(most likely) will be delayed too.
So everything is delayed for at least a month because of 10-15 mins of content with voyeurism/night molestation for a characters no one cares about.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is no way for 0.7 to be out in October and even more for 0.8 to be in December.I am not sure that he can even bring 0.7 until the end of the year.

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
This forum needs to start a web-series.This is better than any Jerry Springer or Oprah shit out there with all of your theories, information on income, lazyness, personal issues of dev and so on. The last 700 pages have around 600 of useless shit and than some mod or other older users of this forum trying to calm things down. Last time I was here, waaaay back 70 pages ago....jeez

While I don't agree with the idea of closing down this thread temporarily, but if you think about it...:)

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes