D

Deleted member 1481465

The level of anger and entitlement in this thread is pretty hilarious.

If you're patrons, go bitch on patreon, at least then there's a chance ICSTOR will actually read it.
If you're not, the guy doesn't owe you a thing, so go play something else and come back whenever it's done.

Frankly I'm surprised the dev's been putting out content so regularly before this, since he's been essentially making the same game (with better visuals and UI each time) for many years now. He must be bored out of his mind by now.
It's not entitlement to be pissed off at someone who consistently lies. Get off of your high horse. Anyone with a brain has stopped donating to his patreon at this point and won't donate again until he proves he's capable of putting out consistent updates.

Here's a tip to Dev's who are bored of putting out the same content: Stop riding your patreon for money and make something new that people would want to pay for. Your donators don't care if you're bored or not, they care about you putting out a product. Sure, it's under the guise of "donations" but you, I and everyone else knows they're donating so you'll continue to make content. If you're not making anything then what's the goddamn point?

bearhug

Dec 24, 2018
The level of anger and entitlement in this thread is pretty hilarious.

If you're patrons, go bitch on patreon, at least then there's a chance ICSTOR will actually read it.
If you're not, the guy doesn't owe you a thing, so go play something else and come back whenever it's done.

Frankly I'm surprised the dev's been putting out content so regularly before this, since he's been essentially making the same game (with better visuals and UI each time) for many years now. He must be bored out of his mind by now.
download (7).jpg

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
It's not entitlement to be pissed off at someone who consistently lies. Get off of your high horse. Anyone with a brain has stopped donating to his patreon at this point and won't donate again until he proves he's capable of putting out consistent updates.
No horses here, high or otherwise.
Again, if you're a patron you're barking up the wrong tree. If you're not then ICSTOR lying, not lying, delaying, doing whatever the fuck doesn't really give you the right to anything. It's like you're bitching about free donuts because they didn't come in your favorite flavor.

Here's a tip to Dev's who are bored of putting out the same content: Stop riding your patreon for money and make something new that people would want to pay for. Your donators don't care if you're bored or not, they care about you putting out a product. Sure, it's under the guise of "donations" but you, I and everyone else knows they're donating so you'll continue to make content. If you're not making anything then what's the goddamn point?
Uh huh.
That'll sure teach all those greedy patreon devs avidly following this thread.

Dan Flashes

Mar 15, 2018
No horses here, high or otherwise.
Again, if you're a patron you're barking up the wrong tree. If you're not then ICSTOR lying, not lying, delaying, doing whatever the fuck doesn't really give you the right to anything. It's like you're bitching about free donuts because they didn't come in your favorite flavor.

Uh huh.
That'll sure teach all those greedy patreon devs avidly following this thread.
No one is complaining about their right to anything. We're merely criticizing the dev because he clearly sucks at his job. What part of that aren't you getting? It's a forum, people bitch, this time it just so happens to be for a pretty solid reason. Move along if you don't like it.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
So is it too trolley to suggest this will be a Halloween update?

But to be fair how many bugs can their be? is it a case of fix one make a new one, i thought ren'py was pretty kind that way, at least it has been in my experience though to be fair I've never programmed anything as big as this.

Reactions: cimibibapa2

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
We're merely criticizing the dev because he clearly sucks at his job.
Sure, the guy sucks so much that this ended up being basically the most popular game ever on F95.
If anything you're criticizing because he's currently not doing his job which he happens to be pretty damn good at, judging by his game's popularity.

What part of that aren't you getting? It's a forum, people bitch, this time it just so happens to be for a pretty solid reason. Move along if you don't like it.
You're free to bitch, I'm free to call you out on it being entirely pointless.
If you disagree with my posts just ignore me, or use the silly facepalm reaction like that other dude.

Dan Flashes

Mar 15, 2018
Sure, the guy sucks so much that this ended up being basically the most popular game ever on F95.
If anything you're criticizing because he's currently not doing his job which he happens to be pretty damn good at, judging by his game's popularity.

If you disagree with my posts just ignore me, or use the silly facepalm reaction like that other dude.
He missed deadlines, objectively speaking that's failure, can't spin it any other way whether you want to or not.

Your bitching about our bitching is pretty pointless too, still don't see what point you're trying to make?

doglordo

Aug 4, 2017

Is there a point to bitching about bitching though?

Bismo

Apr 30, 2018
On a sidenote, how do you even manage to implement "game-breaking bugs" in renpy???
Its a fucking vn-engine.

Reactions: Joland

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
On a sidenote, how do you even manage to implement "game-breaking bugs" in renpy???
Its a fucking vn-engine.
You try to implement non-VN things.... ie, outside of renpy. Renpy itself does actually have a lot of bugs, most can be worked around.

Generally speaking though, we can resolve all our game breaking bugs in a day. (Depends on the level of programmer, ours patches renpy when something's broken in it)

Reactions: Lampblasted

S.T.A.R.S.

Oct 28, 2018
Its a fucking vn-engine.
I haven't used gui, but if you miss any letter in your assigned variable game breaks. Personally i just don't believe that they had so much game-breaking bugs, the only thing they had to do was copy-paste their code and yet they screwed that part up

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes