Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Give us an ETA for fucks sake.A range of 2 weeks would be plenty.

We have no idea if we have to wait 1 week or a month.
Honestly, I'd be pulling a figure out of my arse if I tried to give you a release date. I can't give timescales for other members of the team to complete their parts.

With respect to my slice of the development pie; I'll probably have the entirety of the writing accomplished within the week. That's the best I can offer you, I'm afraid.

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
So your saying for the last 9 months you haven't been. i call that milking or bleeding. But it sounds to me for the last 9 months you guys sat on your asses and laughed at the fools giving you money.
I'm a contractor. I haven't received a single penny in the past 9 months. This is a secondary job for me, after all.

ICSTOR was off on sick leave for the majority of that time, which meant he was unable to work, and by virtue of that there was no work for me.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
To be fair, the patrons of old also made both reasonable and unreasonable demands of the artists they patronized--"When is my portrait going to be finished?" "When are you going to finish painting this chapel ceiling?" "Why doesn't David have a bigger penis?" Etc.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I began my writing way back in 2012 with Choose Your Own Adventure stories written live on 4Chan. I still occasionally run them on Anonkun, but I have less and less time to do so. I actually began with Erotic Horror stories, moved on to Erotic Fantasy. The latest thing I was working on before I started writing for ICSTOR was a game called Naive Schoolgirl Sakura.

TW: These probably don't suit everyone's tastes. Futa, Non-Con, and pretty much every other fetish under the sun...

Naive Schoolgirl Sakura:
Erotic Horror:
Erotic Fantasy:

Thanks again for the feedback. Next time ICSTOR is starting a new game from scratch I'd love to hammer out the complete plot from start to finish. I think we could really work in some great plot twists and more emotional moments than we have the capacity for right now.
Hmm... going to check them later, for research purposes. :ROFLMAO: :p

Reactions: johnmichael6921

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Honestly, I'd be pulling a figure out of my arse if I tried to give you a release date. I can't give timescales for other members of the team to complete their parts.

With respect to my slice of the development pie; I'll probably have the entirety of the writing accomplished within the week. That's the best I can offer you, I'm afraid.
I'm not going to bust your balls here, but this is one of those points that I think people (on both sides of this argument) keep missing amidst all the vitriol and such.

If you're a project leader and the various components of your team are stuck behind bottlenecks because they don't have the materials they need to work with (like, say, the storyboard people didn't get their stuff done on time so now the artists can't do their thing and the writers can't do theirs) then that's bad project management.

And someone can be bad at managing the flow of a project - someone can be bad at ensuring that disparate elements of a team work together effectively and efficiently - independent of whatever other skills/talents they may have.

People defend ICSTOR by saying he produces pretty images. Or they like the characters he's come up with or this or that. Ok. That's fair. But I think it's just as fair to say that he doesn't do a particularly good job of coordinating the people he has working with/for him.

I know everyone rolls their eyes at the concept of "managers." People detest their supervisors because they always seem to be "out of touch" with what the common working man has to deal with. Or, say, you hear a story about a movie being made and there's just so much corporate interference. Damn those suits for not letting the director do what he wants with his movie? Curse them for telling the guys in the writing room on a TV show that they can't do X or Y or Z. But the simple fact of the matter is that 9 times out of 10, without those guys, you could have the most talented writer, the most talented actors, the most talented director, all collaborating on a project, and you'd still get squat without someone to "produce" it. (Hence why the producer role in film/TV is such a big deal.) It's their job to keep everyone on task, keep everyone actively working, and give them the tools they need to continue working.

In addition to being the primary creator behind the dialogue/story and art, ICSTOR's role is to make sure everyone is working together, that no part of the production process is getting bottlenecked. And he's not doing the best job of that. This is not to say that he's a terrible human being and that this "crime" is punishable by death. Of course not. But it also does no one any good to refuse to acknowledge that something in the "assembly line" isn't quite up to snuff. And it bugs me that there are people (myself among them) who are trying to point this out until we're blue in the face, and the overweening response to such sentiment is a dismissive "You can't do better, so shush."

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Please, make me leave :) Oh, I forgot. You are behind a PC, like every single one of us. Censorship ? What does censorship got to do with whinning and dev-bashing ? 90% of the people complaining are not even pledgers. hahahaha
You are laughing ?
wtf you are the one who don't know what the difference is between censorship & privacy.
Buahahahah

Fun fact Countrys with high censorship are against privacy.
People in such countrys are transparent for the government.
Communist China is the best example !

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I'm not going to bust your balls here, but this is one of those points that I think people (on both sides of this argument) keep missing amidst all the vitriol and such.

If you're a project leader and the various components of your team are stuck behind bottlenecks because they don't have the materials they need to work with (like, say, the storyboard people didn't get their stuff done on time so now the artists can't do their thing and the writers can't do theirs) then that's bad project management.

And someone can be bad at managing the flow of a project - someone can be bad at ensuring that disparate elements of a team work together effectively and efficiently - independent of whatever other skills/talents they may have.

People defend ICSTOR by saying he produces pretty images. Or they like the characters he's come up with or this or that. Ok. That's fair. But I think it's just as fair to say that he doesn't do a particularly good job of coordinating the people he has working with/for him.

I know everyone rolls their eyes at the concept of "managers." People detest their supervisors because they always seem to be "out of touch" with what the common working man has to deal with. Or, say, you hear a story about a movie being made and there's just so much corporate interference. Damn those suits for not letting the director do what he wants with his movie? Curse them for telling the guys in the writing room on a TV show that they can't do X or Y or Z. But the simple fact of the matter is that 9 times out of 10, without those guys, you could have the most talented writer, the most talented actors, the most talented director, all collaborating on a project, and you'd still get squat without someone to "produce" it. (Hence why the producer role in film/TV is such a big deal.) It's their job to keep everyone on task, keep everyone actively working, and give them the tools they need to continue working.

In addition to being the primary creator behind the dialogue/story and art, ICSTOR's role is to make sure everyone is working together, that no part of the production process is getting bottlenecked. And he's not doing the best job of that. This is not to say that he's a terrible human being and that this "crime" is punishable by death. Of course not. But it also does no one any good to refuse to acknowledge that something in the "assembly line" isn't quite up to snuff. And it bugs me that there are people (myself among them) who are trying to point this out until we're blue in the face, and the overweening response to such sentiment is a dismissive "You can't do better, so shush."
I see exactly where you're coming from.

However, ICSTOR has released multiple complete games now. While there are certainly some improvements that could be made to administration, I think the only material difference between now and 12 months ago is ICSTOR's health.

Prior to this releases were steady and mostly on time.

And, unfortunately, the best administration in the world isn't going to keep a project running when your gaffer and key figure to the entire project is too ill to work.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Why the hell is everyone keep saying that "you are not a pledger, so shut up". Does that makes you see through develper's eyes?
It is like saying that you didn't go to movie hall and buy the ticket hence you don't have a right to criticize the makers.
Criticizing the dev, over something that never involved you, makes you look petty and childish.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Can you at least tell us if the game will be out this month?

Holy shit this is ridiculous.
He already said that he can't in a reply to you, all he can say is how long it will take for him to finish the writing which as he said should be done within the week.

He can't give any dates as to when others will finish their parts of the update so if he did make some random guess for you and was wrong how would that go?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
And, unfortunately, the best administration in the world isn't going to keep a project running when your gaffer and key figure to the entire project is too ill to work.
Your posts are extremely unambiguous, appropriately contextual and to the point. It's a testament to at least a subset of your writing skills, perhaps :)

Unfortunately, your clear statement above has been offered in various forms over a number of months, but haters gonna hate on a pirate forum. So, while I - for one - appreciate hearing more of your in-team perspectives, they will also be unfortunately twisted towards conspiratorial heights or otherwise ignored due to inconvenience by a number of noisy types at this venue, IMHO.

The Patrons matter most when it comes to supporting the team's work; still, while anyone in a pirate forum can theoretically have an opinion to offer, the relative values of those opinions become more evident when zany conspiracies are propped up as having equal probabilities to reported facts.

• Sad
Reactions: Jaun Karr
3.70 star(s) 411 Votes