Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
> Why doesn't ICSTOR give us a release date

> Don't set a deadline you can't meet

These two thoughts are contradictory.
Only if you're looking to grossly oversimplify things and intentionally omit the idea of someone increasing the pace/efficiency of their efforts in order to meet a self-imposed target date. (Shrug)

Reactions: cimibibapa2

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
I really don't have a stake in any of this beyond the average denizen of this forum, but I keep harping on this because I really just have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that people are actually content with a system that has absolutely zero accountability. No checks, no balances, it just operates purely at the whim of whomever is collecting the money being thrown around.

It just seems like a horrifically inefficient (and borderline irresponsible) way to conduct an operation.

Vulgi

Jul 3, 2017
is the next update all about caroline and celia ? i mean .. hey caroline is dope ^^ but after so much time .. i would like to see at least 1-2 new linda scenes xD

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I really don't have a stake in any of this beyond the average denizen of this forum, but I keep harping on this because I really just have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that people are actually content with a system that has absolutely zero accountability. No checks, no balances, it just operates purely at the whim of whomever is collecting the money being thrown around.

It just seems like a horrifically inefficient (and borderline irresponsible) way to conduct an operation.
This is why patreon isn't a storefront. i don't disagree. I'm scared to pledge money on crowdfunding projects because I'm not exactly rich. So I don't. And then I feel a bit bad when the game turns out actually awesome.

Point being. While I agree with you, I think it's kinda dumb to expect "professionalism" in that way.

Reactions: dvd5555

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Promised release dates are why there are so many games nowadays released in a buggy, unfinished state.
The releases are by definition buggy and unfinished. I have only had real issues with MNL being so buggy at points you had to use previous versions to pass roadblocks. Real games are completed before release not while in development.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

But that's what patronage in the best sense of the word is - you give money and you don't really know what to expect in return. You know the direction it's going and you hope that your money will do good.
Sure, larger Devs like ICSTOR etc. could move to platforms like Kickstarter, which have a different approach, but most projects start very, very small and grow because patreons like what's there, hope that it's going to flourish and hope that money enables the dev to do better. It's an update to update business, not an investment.

Last edited:

Viressa

May 24, 2018

Patreon is designed to serve the needs of creators. The whole point is for creators to be able to have a stable income they can use to create whatever they want, at the pace they find most comfortable. It is the opposite of working for a boss, where there are pre-defined production goals you have to meet and if you don't meet them, fuck you, you're homeless.

If you don't like that... don't give money to patreon pages. If you want to be able to boss an artist around to make exactly what you want, when exactly you want it, pay up for commissions.

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes