MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I don't think it is even a question the game's status was moved prematurely into testing because people were complaining about it being seemingly stuck at 95%. Look at this from discord:
View attachment 420397

I now read this as: "I'll put it into testing (even though things aren't finished) so you guys can stop complaining".
I'd say this was confirmed when he later said testing is taking so long because there are still missing scenes and transfering everything to a new Renpy version is taking time (source). These tasks are not part of testing.
Why on Earth did the update have to be this large? I'm not going to complain once it's out, but I still haven't seen a good reason why he couldn't have finished the Caroline content after coming back and saved Celia and the neighbors for a future update. I didn't really ever see much clamoring for the latter two anyways. The whole mess smells a lot like "I was officially on vacation for two months, but definitely wasn't giving 100% for the four months before that".

itoen

Apr 19, 2019
Why on Earth did the update have to be this large? I'm not going to complain once it's out, but I still haven't seen a good reason why he couldn't have finished the Caroline content after coming back and saved Celia and the neighbors for a future update. I didn't really ever see much clamoring for the latter two anyways. The whole mess smells a lot like "I was officially on vacation for two months, but definitely wasn't giving 100% for the four months before that".
He probably had some old neighbor content already finished that he scrapped, so is now retooling it to look like new shit while clamoring to finish Caroline.

eqzitara

Jul 21, 2017
ok, we wait for 10 months and we will play 2 hours. You see.
Tbh, people have weirdly big expectations. 2 hours is not bad unless its mini game filled.
The Christmas episode was PACKED with content. It was maybe what 40 mins? I guess its hard to compare with that since it was 80% foreplay/action when a game update will be the opposite.

Does anyone know how many renders the christmas episode was in comparison to this update?

Javichu

Jan 31, 2018
Tbh, people have weirdly big expectations. 2 hours is not bad unless its mini game filled.
The Christmas episode was PACKED with content. It was maybe what 40 mins? If we got something on par with christmas episode I would be fine. If we got double that I would be ecstatic.

Does anyone know how many renders the christmas episode was in comparison to this update?
30 min I bet about 20 or 30 min

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes