Feb 22, 2018
You don't have to support him and I'm not advocating that you do. You also do not have to feel sorry for anyone that is supporting him, its their fucking choice, not yours. They can spend their money anyway they want to, and it .. does .. not .. affect .. you.

Yes, look at them all working hard. Are you supporting them? Or are you still pirating their games?
Many people's choices don't affect me personally; that doesn't mean they aren't bad choices. I feel sorry for them regardless. I pity them. Maybe they're too trusting, too hopeful, too naive even. These are people who pay money in exchange for a product that repeatedly gets delayed by a creator with terrible communication. Its their right to do so. Its also my right to express how I feel about these people.

I support those who I believe deserve support. Devs or creators who communicate, keep their promises, make good quality content, etc.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I support those who I believe deserve support. Devs or creators who communicate, keep their promises, make good quality content, etc.
To be fair, those things can change quickly. Just about a year ago quite a few people were praising ICSTOR for releasing such good, high quality updates and always finishing his games. I remember someone calling him a hero in the SummertimeSaga thread when DC was a few weeks late. So the dev you may put your trust in now may just be the one who is fucking his suff up next.

Feb 22, 2018
To be fair, those things can change quickly. Just about year ago quite a few people were prasing ICSTOR for releasing such good, high quality updates and always finishing his games. I remember someone calling him a hero in the SummertimeSaga thread when DC was a few weeks late.
That's fine, things change sometimes for better or worse. That's why anyone can cancel their subscription when they notice promises being broken or content getting constantly delayed. And resubscribe later if they believe the dev deserves support once again.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
That's fine, things change sometimes for better or worse. That's why anyone can cancel their subscription when they notice promises being broken or content getting constantly delayed. And resubscribe later if they believe the dev deserves support once again.
his patreons, however, do not diminish
so people like to be teased
or they have money to throw away.

I was patreon of FOTM, with the last update I didn't like things and I canceled the payment to support another developer

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, that's basically the only answer. Adjusting a pledge takes 10 seconds and people who can't be bothered to do that probably deserve to overspend some money.

Eorzorian

Feb 13, 2018
Like i said last time, it was a big mistake on his part trying to update his version to the new Renpy version within this release. Was there really a much needed feature for him to go to that length of causing himself problems throughout the work process?
I do understand that he felt burned out but he seems to lack a clear plan regarding the work process. As much as many here may curse or accuse him of any weird shit, they will still be around after and before the update 0.6 and next because of the "overall" quality of ICSTOR's work which i find the best in the whole bunch of games.
I would think that he is somehow someone who tries to accomplish his own set goals which he fails since this is his first hugely popular game. If he goes along with what he promised, regarding animations, then he has to plan very carefully and maybe add some more members to his team to have support on his preoject.

Edit: Just to repeat i mean the quality in "total" and nothing else since there are other games which outshine Milfy City in different departments.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
People on a pirate site complaining about deadlines and moral standards. What ... a ... joke.
And now take a look around how many dev's get help from those evil pirates be it with proofreading, giving them ideas and critiques to actually improve their game, testing their games, writing or money via patreon. You can spit on the evil pirates all you want but first you should learn that there is not only black or white....and second don't spit on yourself.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
It's hilarious there are still people trying to make excuses for this guy. He earns the same amount of money as an experienced neurosurgeon does in the US. With all that cash coming his way, even if he's burned-out to shit, he should be able to build a proper team to do the heavy lifting for him and release regular updates. There are other top creators here, who alone release the same amount of content on quarterly basis, and some of them even do it as a side gig. It's obvious he doesn't care, but I can't blame him. It appears a lot of people love to throw their money at him. Even if he does not release anything until October 2020, he will still be able to pull in at least a few thousand willing patrons. Since he apparently moved to Switzerland recently, I hope he invested in a lakeside property around Lake Geneva. :LOL:

blahmeister

Feb 20, 2018
And now take a look around how many dev's get help from those evil pirates be it with proofreading, giving them ideas and critiques to actually improve their game, testing their games, writing or money via patreon. You can spit on the evil pirates all you want but first you should learn that there is not only black or white....and second don't spit on yourself.
I don't believe I ever said anything about pirates being evil or whatever else you're insinuating ... I merely stated that people shouldn't be putting themselves on some moral pedestal complaining about something they get for free. I pirate, but I don't think I'm entitled to complain about it .. if I'm not willing to support them, then I really don't have any right to be mad about delays.

Video game companies, with HUNDREDS of employees consistently fall behind and push release dates ahead. This game is a 1-3 person team at best? Delays are not uncommon. If you're frustrated, .

Icstor may have once received help and inspiration from this site, but I very much doubt that's the case anymore. He has a Patreon base, and the only way things will change is if they stop supporting him - but even then, that shouldn't be your concern. If me or anyone else consistently told you what to do with your money, would you listen? Is it fair for me to tell you what to do with your money? If people are unhappy, they are capable of managing their money and hitting the unsubscribe button themselves.

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
You obviously don't know how this works. The minute you sign up to a pirate site you are ENTITLED to receive free, TIMELY updates, and to criticize other people for how they spend their money while you don't.

You are also entitled to slam, trash and shit talk paying patreons while waiting for that update, and then go two face and beg one of these individuals that you've been shit posting to "please post the update".

It's all part of the circle of life.
In my opinion his current patrons deserve all the mockery and criticism they get because of their lack of common sense they are the people responsible for the lack of updets.I stopped supporting him as soon as he started getting big why because i know how people work and that you should never give them more than they need.People today are motivated mainly by two factors need and greed once they stop needing to do something their greed takes over.He is currently making anywhere between 25 and 50K a month and 300-600k during the last year(for more or less doing nothing) with this amount he can live a luxurious lifestyle in many countries and live like a king in most why the fuck should he spend 6-8 hours a day in front of a computer writing rendering and programing when he can be out enjoying his life at other peoples expense?If his current patrons dont wise up soon he will probably milk them for all they're worth for the next few months or year/s put out a few updates during that time to keep them interested and then abandon the game.

3.70 star(s) 411 Votes