Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Tbf it's more understandable to be upset right now compared to 3-4 months into the delay since the game was actually meant to be released now and instead the dev releases an announcement stating another delay, "expected" to be ten days but will be "definitively" be released this month (read: up to 21 more days believing he delivers his promise).
What I don't understand is complaining on a pirate thread of all places over and over.
Hell, it took me 5 pages of backward reading to reach an actual link to the news
Really!? After 11 months you are surprised that there is a delay? For me the proof is in the pudding. I believe an update when I see it released. You know how many times Gumdrop promised a release? it's been way more then a year now. I even kinda forgot the story.

Reactions: dnzieg and MadMonk

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
icstor good 0k!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one Question
are u icstor or fan icstor ??
I'm actually not a fan. I don't like RPMG games in general and the one game I played before Milfy City, was very confusing to me and kind of Meh...

I enjoyed Milfy City, but the story is actually very ordinary, I don't get the hype. So it's a good game, but there are a lot better games out there in my opinion. His quality and animations are very good, but the rest is just ordinary.

It's part of the reason why I'm mystified about the outrage.

Having said that, he rolled out a lot of previous games, so I he knows how to deliver games. Before this lapse in time he work rate was one of the best out there. Going on that history, I predict that he will return to similar output in the near future.

Reactions: arms99

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019
I think the Icstors patreon growth the past year can be attributed to 1 major thing: Caroline. She fits a popular trope, the damsel in distress. Hero saves the girl, girl falls in love. If in this update the MC finally has sex with Caroline, his patreon growth would possibly slow down

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
But we haven't seen an increase in quality NOR Quantity... all we have are empty promisses that have been unveiled as lies most of the time by now aswell
I'm stating a simple fact. Devs with more Patrons develop slower.
It's not something I like, it's just a fact. The only exception to this is the Dev for MOTH.

There are way more deserving Developers out there in my opinion, that rolls out releases like mad (Ptolemy...wink...wink)

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I don't believe I ever said anything about pirates being evil or whatever else you're insinuating ... I merely stated that people shouldn't be putting themselves on some moral pedestal complaining about something they get for free. I pirate, but I don't think I'm entitled to complain about it .. if I'm not willing to support them, then I really don't have any right to be mad about delays.

Video game companies, with HUNDREDS of employees consistently fall behind and push release dates ahead. This game is a 1-3 person team at best? Delays are not uncommon. If you're frustrated, .

Icstor may have once received help and inspiration from this site, but I very much doubt that's the case anymore. He has a Patreon base, and the only way things will change is if they stop supporting him - but even then, that shouldn't be your concern. If me or anyone else consistently told you what to do with your money, would you listen? Is it fair for me to tell you what to do with your money? If people are unhappy, they are capable of managing their money and hitting the unsubscribe button themselves.
You seriously overestimate my interest in this game if you think that i wait for anything or that i'm frustrated because of the delay. I only read in here because it is so damn entertaining that the people still go at eachothers throats because of it. People complain about him lying, the evil pirates aaaar, then his defenders, white knights, jump in and try to fight the evil pirates back. Its entertaining as fuck and better than any comedy show.

You fail to understand that it is not just the delay why a lot of people are angry, the lies and misinformations, from the side of the dev are the real problem. If i'd be a fan i'd be also pretty annoyed..thankfully i'm not.

Problems can happen without question but the delays here make me think that its less a questions of problems but a question of how much he still cares about the game. He made a shit ton of money already and maybe he just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Oh yeah i agree that people should just stop supporting them if they are unhappy with his work.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I think the Icstors patreon growth the past year can be attributed to 1 major thing: Caroline. She fits a popular trope, the damsel in distress. Hero saves the girl, girl falls in love. If in this update the MC finally has sex with Caroline, his patreon growth would possibly slow down
I think you are wrong, plopular devs, just get's more popular (On Patreon) regardless of their release schedule and content.
There seems to be kind of a tipping point at around $5000 where people just through money at you, regardless of the outcome.

We have a famous case here on this site where the dev's last release was more then 18 months ago and the dev is still pulling $8000 per month. A guy like cookie can if he wants to, can release once a year or less and still rake in the money.

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019
I think you are wrong, plopular devs, just get's more popular (On Patreon) regardless of their release schedule and content.
There seems to be kind of a tipping point at around $5000 where people just through money at you, regardless of the outcome.

We have a famous case here on this site where the dev's last release was more then 18 months ago and the dev is still pulling $8000 per month. A guy like cookie can if he wants to, can release once a year or less and still rake in the money.
Yeah well maybe I am, was just observing the incredible hype around Caroline and maybe wrongly attributing his growth to that

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah well maybe I am, was just observing the incredible hype around Caroline and maybe wrongly attributing his growth to that
Well I think you are right about that part, making popular parts of the game will give you more Patrons.

I disagreed with the part where you think his base will shrink again. I'm not sure why it happens, but you seriously have to fuck up Dark Silver style to start loose Patrons. The resilience of the Top dev's Patreon numbers are unbelievable.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
This dude literally gains patreons after announcing yet another delay followed by saying the update won't even have the most important thing in it?? WHAT?? Now I know how those 'healing priests' con so many people. Single digit IQ followed by delusion. Not just basic delusion but the level of delusion that ends up sending someone to the looney bin.
He sent that message directly to the high tier supporters. Most of the patrons don't even know about it because they pay for things and don't visit pirate forums. It's also pretty stupid to cancel your support in the middle of the month when you already paid for that month.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
*gasp*
DarkCookies numbers compared to everyone else...
ICSTORS doing well 3rd highest there but DarkCookie... wow

• Haha
Reactions: arms99 and Alfius

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019
Well I think you are right about that part, making popular parts of the game will give you more Patrons.

I disagreed with the part where you think his base will shrink again. I'm not sure why it happens, but you seriously have to fuck up Dark Silver style to start loose Patrons. The resilience of the Top dev's Patreon numbers are unbelievable.
Would like to clarify that I didn't mean he'll lose patrons, what I was predicting is that the rate of growth will decline compared to the past months

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
*gasp*
DarkCookies numbers compared to everyone else...
ICSTORS doing well 3rd highest there but DarkCookie... wow
DC's model is quite different though. His game is basically free from the day of release and thus he earns way less per patreon than those who "sell" their game to high tier patreons first.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes