Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Let's take a moment to remember that this modern Renaissance genius actually changed the status to "testing" before a) releasing an incomplete update lacking animations and b) not being able to provide a definite date for the full release some three weeks after having released said incomplete update.

It's really difficult to find the words at this point. This guy's balls are so big that I'm starting to think they might have their own gravitational field.

priapicprince

Dec 31, 2018
I don't care if someone releases the best game ever tomorrow if they promised over and over that it would happen 6 months ago. The issue is honesty. It has nothing to do with whether anyone is paying or not. He could be paying ME and I would still take issue with his complete disregard for his own word. A person's word is their bond. Sure, on principle any reasonable person could forgive breaking a promise if it was just a few times. But when it's taken to excess, flagrantly extorting paying customers, being reasonable doesn't fucking compute. If you can't release at a particular time, just say so in advance. Communication isn't hard. If you seriously have NO idea when you'll do something, and you have thousands of people waiting on you to do it, be forthright and realistic with your own expectations. Honesty is worth more than money.

You guys get the game for free. The animations update will drop when it drops. Stop complaining.
You're complaining about them complaining. And I'm complaining about you complaining about them complaining. Ad infinitum. I do have a wamburger with some french cries on standby in case you're wondering. At least I'M honest.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Threads around here are getting too toxic when devs don't release regularly. It's impossible to discuss anything else as SnR becomes unbearable.

Maybe it would be good to have 3 threads for each game, one strictly factual, one just for bitching about how devs are swimming in $$$ and how people should not give them $$$ and one for anything else. Or just give a 6 month ban to anyone who bitches about dev's income and lack of fucking releases. What The Fuck!!! We are fucking pirating these games and we fuck each other in the ass with all this bitching around. You think on a pirate ship this shit would've been tolerated? You bitch you walk the plank!

We seriously need a factual thread for each game with 0 noise and just facts (e.g. updates from Patreon / dev sites, any other kind of news).

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Threads around here are getting too toxic when devs don't release regularly. It's impossible to discuss anything else as SnR becomes unbearable.

Maybe it would be good to have 3 threads for each game, one strictly factual, one just for bitching about how devs are swimming in $$$ and how people should not give them $$$ and one for anything else. Or just give a 6 month ban to anyone who bitches about dev's income and lack of fucking releases. What The Fuck!!! We are fucking pirating these games and we fuck each other in the ass with all this bitching around. You think on a pirate ship this shit would've been tolerated? You bitch you walk the plank!

We seriously need a factual thread for each game with 0 noise and just facts (e.g. updates from Patreon / dev sites, any other kind of news).
I bet the same would happen if two extra threads for this game were opened since the moderation is quite lax when it comes to this thread.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
I don't care if someone releases the best game ever tomorrow if they promised over and over that it would happen 6 months ago. The issue is honesty. It has nothing to do with whether anyone is paying or not. He could be paying ME and I would still take issue with his complete disregard for his own word. A person's word is their bond. Sure, on principle any reasonable person could forgive breaking a promise if it was just a few times. But when it's taken to excess, flagrantly extorting paying customers, being reasonable doesn't fucking compute. If you can't release at a particular time, just say so in advance. Communication isn't hard. If you seriously have NO idea when you'll do something, and you have thousands of people waiting on you to do it, be forthright and realistic with your own expectations. Honesty is worth more than money.

You're complaining about them complaining. And I'm complaining about you complaining about them complaining. Ad infinitum. I do have a wamburger with some french cries on standby in case you're wondering. At least I'M honest.
This is really the whole point. Just be honest. If you don't know when it will be done just say that. Don't make up random dates just to temporarily placate your supporters.

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
I'm starting to think other devs are starting to pick up on this habit of delaying their games... Posting how close they are to release "it should only be a day or two", then a week goes by... if their feet aren't held to the fire this could become the norm...

Reactions: Aristos

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
It's funny. What I consider the most toxic behaviour in forum threads like these is people telling other users what they should post, or how things should be managed while not being a part of the forum's staff. Unimaginative whining can be easily skipped, but if it's mostly funny memes and creative puns, as it usually happens in this thread, I never consider it a waste of time. In fact, the update cycle of this game being what it is, the best part of the Milfy City experience is cracking some jokes on here at Icstor's expense. After all, I think he can afford it, right?

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
honey-badger-dont-give-a-fuck_o_6669793.jpg

Now, seriously, this case should be the object of a research by some university college.
Economics, sociology, psychiatry, criminology...? I don't know, but someone should break down his tactics and the reactions of his "consumers". I would love to educate myself on the subject.

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I'm starting to think other devs are starting to pick up on this habit of delaying their games... Posting how close they are to release "it should only be a day or two", then a week goes by... if their feet aren't held to the fire this could become the norm...
I try not to let our releases slip more than a week, but real life does happen and holidays. I don't think letting a deadline slip by a month is understandable though, that just seems like you did nothing until release was due. I don't know how long renders take, but I can say putting together scenes and story is quite quick if you know what you are doing.

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
One must understand that the way wor
Wow, you are year late to the party.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes