Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
are you fucking serious? wealth does NOT cure and/or make you immune to depression. Often, wealth can be a cause of depression, because you can now afford whatever you want, so you have nothing to work towards
Why don't you study psychology? Studies show that poverty leads to depression far more often than wealth. This is a ridiculous statement and you are being an apologist spewing fake news. I can't believe I said fake news, but "often", why don't you link a study showing the wealth "often" leads to depression.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
You call him out for a straw man (that's not what he did, btw - he provided a concrete example, not a misrepresentation of your position), yet you redefine your terms. Come on, man.
But the point about anecdotal evidence being a bad yardstick is accurate, TBH. It is not really a concrete example. It is a personal experience that he used to paint a broad brush interpretation.

Muevsirk

Dec 6, 2018
Okay again if you read the original post you would understand that I literally said "the average person whos depressed". Please at least read the post your going to call out before writing me message.
as you said in your original statement, "the average person who's depressed" is just wrong. The average depressed person is not a known metric, but being IN that enviorment i garantee you that the amount of work done by depressed people are MUCH less then you imagine. taking one or two years off or even more if you're diagnosed with dystemia will often get you into a social security net because you literally CAN NOT get back on your feet.

Muevsirk

Dec 6, 2018
But the point about anecdotal evidence being a bad yardstick is accurate, TBH. It is not really a concrete example. It is a personal experience that he used to paint a broad brush interpretation.
im drawing my conclusions from years and years and years of therapy and being in an enviorment where we talk to SOOOO many depressed people.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
im drawing my conclusions from years and years and years of therapy and being in an enviorment where we talk to SOOOO many depressed people.
So, you are a trained psychologist\psychiatrist\psychotherapist, any of those? Years and years of therapy make you a patient who has had years and years of therapy. Nothing more and nothing less. Not a trained psychotherapist. Even trained psychotherapists would never make a diagnosis based on a few lines of text over the internet. At this point, you are insulting people's intelligence with your personal projections. I have had therapy myself, which gives me some insight. I have no embarrassment for seeking such help or speaking about it. But I know full well there are a multitude of questions and personal information necessary for ANY competent diagnosis. Your anecdotal experience is exactly that, personal anecdotal experiences and nothing more. At least I put a qualifier in my earlier statement about my not believing him.

JustTheBest

Oct 2, 2019
So, you are a trained psychologist\psychiatrist\psychotherapist, any of those? Years and years of therapy make you a patient who has had years and years of therapy. Nothing more and nothing less. Not a trained psychotherapist. Even trained psychotherapists would never make a diagnosis based on a few lines of text over the internet. At this point, you are insulting people's intelligence with your personal projections. I have had therapy myself, which gives me some insight. I have no embarrassment for seeking such help or speaking about it. But I know full well there are a multitude of questions and personal information necessary for ANY competent diagnosis. Your anecdotal experience is exactly that, personal anecdotal experiences and nothing more. At least I put a qualifier in my earlier statement about my not believing him.
All the dude said is that money alone doesnt make for happiness. and hes right. Why continue like he personally attacked u. Plently happy poor ppl and rich ppl. Happiness is more a habit and perspective on life not material wealth per se.
I have spoken.
1573977141394.jpg

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
I like that Putin laid it on the line concerning her being used as a frontman\poppet for climate change activists. Climate change is real 100%(man made), but her yelling and attempts and guilt shaming is reprehensible IMHO. She was used because if you attack her you get accused of attacking a child. I just care about the facts, not emotions.

I think that perhaps this thread needs to be shut down for some time.
She was also nominated for the Nobel peace prize. :FacePalm:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Jaun Karr and Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
All the dude said is that money alone doesnt make for happiness. and hes right. Why continue like he personally attacked u. Plently happy poor ppl and rich ppl. Happiness is more a habit and perspective on life not material wealth per se.
I have spoken.
View attachment 465243
He just claimed that his years of therapy and personal conversations make him an expert in depression. Not the strawman you just erected. It helps when you read the posts and no one attacked anyone. He just was called out for his BS diagnosis. And no, that is not at all what he said. Point out what I said in my post that was inaccurate, please. He said being wealthy "often" leads to depression. Or did you just miss that part?

Muevsirk

Dec 6, 2018
first off, psycotherapist is not a protected title, so literally anyone can just say they are. I've been to 26 therapists and psycologists throughout the years, and from them you hear that you are not alone all the time through stories they tell you to help you understand that about people. That said, you are correct. I only assume he is depressed because alot of what he says hits me home. So you won this argument, argument over.
That said, what i guess triggered me is that since these things hit so home for me, and people saying that you cant get depressed when you have all the moneyz xd in the world triggers me, because it's nothign more hurtfull then having a mental illness and people not believing you, because its not a physical thing that they can see at a first glance. What i'm conserned over is the amount of people saying that he's lying about mental illness to push the project further and make more money. If this IS indeed the truth, thats VERY fucking sad. IF however, he DOES suffer from a mental illness, he might struggle to get that information out there for his paetrons, because that would just be "another failure" to him. What i wished that he did if he struggled from this project or struggled to get to work in the morning because of a mental illness, was to just put the project on hold and/or set it as a "pay per release" deal i know some paetrons do. Keep in mind that this is all "if" he's not faking his illness. If indeed he WAS faking a illness, i really hope he does get that illness, gets treated from it and learns thats not ok.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
first off, psycotherapist is not a protected title, so literally anyone can just say they are. I've been to 26 therapists and psycologists throughout the years, and from them you hear that you are not alone all the time through stories they tell you to help you understand that about people. That said, you are correct. I only assume he is depressed because alot of what he says hits me home. So you won this argument, argument over.
That said, what i guess triggered me is that since these things hit so home for me, and people saying that you cant get depressed when you have all the moneyz xd in the world triggers me, because it's nothign more hurtfull then having a mental illness and people not believing you, because its not a physical thing that they can see at a first glance. What i'm conserned over is the amount of people saying that he's lying about mental illness to push the project further and make more money. If this IS indeed the truth, thats VERY fucking sad. IF however, he DOES suffer from a mental illness, he might struggle to get that information out there for his paetrons, because that would just be "another failure" to him. What i wished that he did if he struggled from this project or struggled to get to work in the morning because of a mental illness, was to just put the project on hold and/or set it as a "pay per release" deal i know some paetrons do. Keep in mind that this is all "if" he's not faking his illness. If indeed he WAS faking a illness, i really hope he does get that illness, gets treated from it and learns thats not ok.
Listen, I couldn't care less about the fact the Dude told us he's mentally ill.

I simply don't believe a single word coming from him. N-O-T A S-I-N-G-L-E W-O-R-D.

He could tell anything. He could tell an alien abducted him and took him on Saturn. He could tell his granny was hit by a bus while crossing the road. He could tell a burglar stole his PC. He could tell his dog took his HD and buried it somewhere in his 10000 acres garden. That's all the same to me: a busload of crap.

Muevsirk

Dec 6, 2018
Listen, I couldn't care less about the fact the Dude told us he's mentally ill.

I simply don't believe a single word coming from him. N-O-T A S-I-N-G-L-E W-O-R-D.

He could tell anything. He could tell an alien abducted him and took him on Saturn. He could tell his granny was hit by a bus while crossing the road. He could tell a burglar stole his PC. He could tell his dog took his HD and buried it somewhere in his 10000 acres garden. That's all the same to me: a busload of crap.
sure, he could also tell you he was scamming you and following your logic, you would not believe him. he could say the earth is round or that gravity exsists. but you've already made up your mind, and nothing can sway you to the other side again

• Angry
Reactions: Q Who

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
So what does ICSTOR's latest post say? Another delay? Or another reason for delay? Or a release (which I highly doubt is possible) ?

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
sure, he could also tell you he was scamming you and following your logic, you would not believe him. he could say the earth is round or that gravity exsists. but you've already made up your mind, and nothing can sway you to the other side again
you remind me of a person who acts before thinking, and also reminding me of a person who wants to be right no matter what. What you just said is facts that are proven, which is completely unrelated to the subject at hand. The general meaning of what trrapezio said was that Icstor keeps lying, and is known to be a man of deceit. As long as his statements can't be proven, nobody is going to believe him anymore. classic boy who cried wolf.

Nov 19, 2017
I really really don't understand all the bs in this thread... so many people crying. Imo if you don't believe the guy or think he's a crook don't give him any money. If your not giving him any money then you have nothing to worry about your just playing a free game. Pretty simple concept imo.

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes