trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
What really sucks isn't the fact ICSTOR is missing deadlines noone can force him to release shit it's the fact his patrons have continued to stick with him despite the fact he hasn't released anything that wasn't promised almost two years ago.

This entire sequence of events sort of tells you where he is at as a dev he doesn't care anymore. If he loses patrons it might get him back for a bit but only to produce just enough content to keep his totals high. We have all seen this song and dance before and it almost always ends badly with the dev doing the bare minimum to keep what is left of his patrons.

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018
What really sucks isn't the fact ICSTOR is missing deadlines noone can force him to release shit it's the fact his patrons have continued to stick with him despite the fact he hasn't released anything that wasn't promised almost two years ago.

This entire sequence of events sort of tells you where he is at as a dev he doesn't care anymore. If he loses patrons it might get him back for a bit but only to produce just enough content to keep his totals high. We have all seen this song and dance before and it almost always ends badly with the dev doing the bare minimum to keep what is left of his patrons.
totally what i was thinking, why does his patreon continue to follow him it's a waste of money others dev deserve like braindrop

Reactions: Jaun Karr

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
When I heard that he would not release in December, I said June then. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I say Icstor will release an update no sooner than June.
You always play it safe. Never saying what year. That's smart. I think he will hit 100% in march, but, dunno about official release given that 0.6 was like 2 months between release and full update.

That said, I noticed a lot of the people that were often defending him aren't around anymore. Like saying that the time between updates is 100% justified.

Reactions: Jaun Karr and Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
the people that were often defending him aren't around anymore
That shows you how bad Icstor had gotten, doesn't it? Those guys were so stalwart defending him from June until he released .6 without the animations. His incessant lying finally made him an indefensible creator.

Looking back, I don't think the delays drove them away. It really was his repeated lies about the delays that became embarrassing.

That is why the thread has become pretty boring now. We "haters" are all that is left and we all agree what a slacker Icstor is.

We do get an occasional newbie here saying how great the game is. But That is not something that can be disputed too much. I think that most of us agree Milfy City is not a great game. But, since that is just a personal opinion it is not a debatable topic in essence.

LOL, I still have not played much of .6 because the writing was so bad. One of these days I need to make an "unofficial" mod. If I can get my hands on the models that fan art guy made of the Milfy City girls. I might give it a shot. He really did a very good job of duplicating Slutbag Linda, Celia, and Carolushine.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
As soon as the dev status hits 100% on the site, it will go into testing. that will add probably 2-4 weeks?
If I remember correctly. He hit 100% in mid-August. Released a bugged .6 without animations first the last day of October. And released the fixed .6 with final animations in the last days of November. Now a mod in his Discord has said that he is "ill" again.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Change log for April 1st Update:
Added 1 blank text file as filler for the patch.
Added a direct $20 Patron pledge link to the start menu.
Added 1 new Image "Black screen."
Added 1 new animation "3 second looped White Screen."

Ok I hope not but it would be a pretty funny prank if a real update was uploaded the next day!.

• Haha
Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Recently on Discord there was mention of the guy who helps Icstor being ill, the script writer(?) if I recall, do correct me if I'm wrong though. That'll add to the "delay"

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You always play it safe. Never saying what year. That's smart. I think he will hit 100% in march, but, dunno about official release given that 0.6 was like 2 months between release and full update.

That said, I noticed a lot of the people that were often defending him aren't around anymore. Like saying that the time between updates is 100% justified.
That shows you how bad Icstor had gotten, doesn't it? Those guys were so stalwart defending him from June until he released .6 without the animations. His incessant lying finally made him an indefensible creator.

Looking back, I don't think the delays drove them away. It really was his repeated lies about the delays that became embarrassing.

That is why the thread has become pretty boring now. We "haters" are all that is left and we all agree what a slacker Icstor is.

We do get an occasional newbie here saying how great the game is. But That is not something that can be disputed too much. I think that most of us agree Milfy City is not a great game. But, since that is just a personal opinion it is not a debatable topic in essence.

LOL, I still have not played much of .6 because the writing was so bad. One of these days I need to make an "unofficial" mod. If I can get my hands on the models that fan art guy made of the Milfy City girls. I might give it a shot. He really did a very good job of duplicating Slutbag Linda, Celia, and Carolushine.
Hey, I'm still here. But then I was never the White Knight "he can do no wrong you suck" type of defender; I was always basing my defense and criticisms on fact.

I don't agree with your opinion that "most of us agree Milfy City is not a great game". I think it is. I still love it. I think ICSTOR needs some serious project management help, and needs to learn to give accurate estimates instead of his "pie in the sky if all the stars align" estimates that even he knows* will never happen.

I also don't think the writing is as bad as you do. Or the characters are as bad, either!

* - my opinion

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
If I remember correctly. He hit 100% in mid-August. Released a bugged .6 without animations first the last day of October. And released the fixed .6 with final animations in the last days of November. Now a mod in his Discord has said that he is "ill" again.
0.6 hit 100% September 15th
October 9th it was announced that 100% didn't include animations
0.6b was released Ocotber 14th (indeed heavily bugged)
0.6e (final version with "all" animation) was released December 2nd

Not quite as bad as you remember. Can't blame you for thinking of August though, since Icstor maintained he'd release 0.6 in August until August 29th.

We'll get update in April, 1st
don't worry
I get the joke but I'd be suprised if we didn't see a quick update/Q&A by the end of the month assuring patrons the update is coming (meaning they shouldn't cancel their patronage for the next month).

Reactions: Q Who and AngelAIGS
D

Deleted member 619154

Yes, it was supposedly American. I posted the original opening in English but in my country we had our own dubbed version.

He meant 2050 in the Islamic calendar. Almost 700 years still to go.
Lol I think it’s 1441 now. I don’t use it but maybe I should with Icstor xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
0.6 hit 100% September 15th
October 9th it was announced that 100% didn't include animations
0.6b was released Ocotber 14th (indeed heavily bugged)
0.6e (final version with "all" animation) was released December 2nd

Not quite as bad as you remember. Can't blame you for thinking of August though, since Icstor maintained he'd release 0.6 in August until August 29th.

I get the joke but I'd be suprised if we didn't see a quick update/Q&A by the end of the month assuring patrons the update is coming (meaning they shouldn't cancel their patronage for the next month).
"It's not as bad as you remember, but it still took him three months to actually finish an update."

Reactions: boxedjack

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019

Yup. His delays and overall laziness is 110% his patreon supporter's fault. Their actions have basically enabled his milking of them. Why work when everyone is giving you money and no one is cancelling their sub? He has yet to suffer any consequence for his milking. So of course he'll continue it. I can guarantee he's sitting down, not working on anything, not seeing any patreon drops so he puts it off, checks back a few weeks later and there's been no drop. At that point he says to himself "Well shit, I'll take things slow and then release something as soon as my support drops"

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Lol I think it’s 1441 now. I don’t use it but maybe I should with Icstor xD
I was wrong then. Only slightly over 600 years to go. Get your lotion ready!

BTW, since this thread is as dead as... nah, I won't go there.
Since this thread is dead I might as well ask all of you something:
Do you guys really need lotion to... you know what?
I've never been a guy to need lotion for that. Perhaps I'd need it if I worked the land 10 hours a day and my hands were rough as sandpaper, my granddad used to do that (the working the land part I mean :KEK: ), but that's not my case.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes