boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
You forgot "But the animations aren't done. They'll be out in a later testing release."

:confused:
Yo, I honestly thought about adding a question of who thinks animations will be part of the beta.
I have no clue myself. I want to say he can't possibly pull that move again, especially since he said he didn't release 0.7 in December since it would have been another small update without animations.

Then again, he also said he didn't want to release Caroline's 0.6 content before his break because it lacked her animations and then released the entire update months later without them anyway. So, who knows..

• Haha
Reactions: Jaun Karr and Q Who

siwyroman

Feb 4, 2018
been while since i visited this thread, im not asking when it comes out, but id like to know which character is gonna be updated?

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
Ok, guys.....I went to his Patreon page this AM & it is unchanged (Jan 30). I tried to go to his discord, but the link is invalid, Discord says.

2 days left in Feb after today.......

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Ok, guys.....I went to his Patreon page this AM & it is unchanged (Jan 30). I tried to go to his discord, but the link is invalid, Discord says.

He has pretty much said that he would release it when he is done. He finally has learned not to BS and make promises that he won't keep. I think he is better off remaining silent and have suggested as much months ago. I think delays are OK if not ideal. But lies are not. The old adage still rigns true.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Who's that? The Harley Quinn knock off?

View attachment 568402

If you don't mind sharing. Can you elaborate on what course you intended and what changes you made(without giving away your spoilers of course).

You forgot "I am ill from all of the money I need to count monthly. And writing excuses is hard work too. I'll get to it when I get to it. So stop asking me for any more information. Patrons are the worst."
yeah - I can. For example the way Mc was presented in the beginning of the game was way different than what I had in my head, so in the next few updates I’ve had to change storylines and actions he wouldve taken to change people’s opinion on him. Same with another character - her story arc was going to play out differently but because of player’s reactions, she has been sidelined a lot more.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
He has pretty much said that he would release it when he is done. He finally has learned not to BS and make promises that he won't keep.
Really? I'm genuinely curious what differences you see, because I don't see any change:

Icstor in November:
"The update with Sara should also be released in December as I promised."
Icstor in December:
"I think I'll release a really big update at the end of January"
Icstor in January
"[...] so if there will be no problems releasing it in February. :)"

The official "updates have no eta" rule is nothing new. That has been the case for as long as I can remember and Icstor hasn't stopped putting a version of Very Soon™ in every post he makes without ever commiting entirely. Same as always, honestly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017

The Patreon link on his page [ ] works.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Nothing on Discord since Dec 2019, unless I overlooked something.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Thumb twiddling, from all and sundry, going on since the release of the original v0.6 release, and the "updated/patched versions" that took it to v0.6e.

He's reared his head a few times, if you're a patron there's another channel available, on Discord with a link to it from his Patreon page, listed back in December last year. When I was on Patreon/Discord he made a few comments, in Jan if I recall, and he stated "It's out when it's out" as a comment, with regards to the impending release. The last response from him on Patreon was at the end of January (a prepared Q&A list)
Since then, a writer [I can't recall their name/ID] went ill, so that added a delay in Jan as well.

If you do a search on Discord you can see his comments/memes/etc; that are visible to people not on the "hidden" channel. These are dated from Dec.

[Regulars on here will correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm going from memory here]
So do feel free to correct me.

He, Icstor, is well known for the lack of update information he puts out, more than likely due to the fact that people are continually asking about it on Patreon, where his comments are very limited, and likewise the same on Discord, hence the sideswipes via comments from the MC within the game with regards to any ongoing "issues".

So if you're a patron and you aren't happy, then simply cancel your membership, and renew it when an update appears.
Entirely a personal preference if people continue to stump up every month and aren't bothered if they get "no bang for their bucks".
Then again if they all stopped paying, how long would it take to get an update out, if his income was severely hit?

Last edited:

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Hey guys! Can any of his patrons or discord ask him if he's still working on the game? It's almost a month since no post updates.Please ask him to post a progress update (no matter if the progress is still at 70%) but please post an update at least (._.'). I hope he doesn't abandon the game, we really need a major update that includes Sara :(
In response to your post (above)

He's reared his head a few times, if you're a patron there's another channel available, on Discord with a link to it from his Patreon page, listed back in December last year. When I was on Patreon/Discord he made a few comments, in Jan if I recall, and
he stated "It's out when it's out" as a comment,
with regards to the impending release. The last response from him on Patreon was at the end of January (a prepared Q&A list)
Since then, a writer [I can't recall their name/ID] went ill, so that added a delay in Jan as well.
That's all anyone will get. The reason given was that due to too many people asking the same question as yours, he reacted with the above comment, as it was basically annoying the f*** out of him, with regards to release dates, and the reasons for delays etc.

So in short, and once again, anyone asking this question, either on Patreon, or Discord gets the same response

"It's out when it's out"

So I hope that answers your question.

Such a jolly and amiable fellow is Icstor!

Then again, if you don't believe me, go ahead and ask on Discord, and see what response you get there.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

dd209

Aug 2, 2017
Took a break from the game for about a year or so (after the big mom update) and played through the latest update with the neighbours, teacher and Lara-lookalike.

I'm a bit confused by the state of the thread at the moment - lots of people seem to be saying the game is abandoned or some such? Could anyone give or point me to a brief rundown of what's up with the game's development?

Reactions: Q Who

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Took a break from the game for about a year or so (after the big mom update) and played through the latest update with the neighbours, teacher and Lara-lookalike.

I'm a bit confused by the state of the thread at the moment - lots of people seem to be saying the game is abandoned or some such? Could anyone give or point me to a brief rundown of what's up with the game's development?
I never found out how to unlock the teachers, and who is the Lara Look-alike? I'm playing 0.6e

3.80 star(s) 413 Votes