Jul 6, 2019
Man remember just a few years ago when everyone on the internet kept clamoring on about how Patreon is the best because it lets them support creators directly and lets them take their time and not having to surrender their amazing visions to the evil greedy corporations? Turns out being bound to a contractual deadline for finishing their work isn't all bad now after all isn't it.
The crazy part if on the cusp of economic armageddon, you'd think you'd be doubling your effort to keep those subs happy and the money coming in.

Dunav

Apr 12, 2019
You just need to learn that, when you give too much money for something that not worth that much, it's normal when you rob your fans to ran away :) . You think it's super complicated to make this games? Let me tell you a story...
Once you got your right settings of renders, every single render after that is easier to make. You think codding of this kind of games is complicated job? Every basic programmer can do this job.

supermegopro

Feb 1, 2020
You just need to learn that, when you give too much money for something that not worth that much, it's normal when you rob your fans to ran away :) . You think it's super complicated to make this games? Let me tell you a story...
Once you got your right settings of renders, every single render after that is easier to make. You think codding of this kind of games is complicated job? Every basic programmer can do this job.
I agree with you, the only important thing is the time that the developer is willing to spend on the game.

Vocal

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I wonder why he lost interest in the game, if that is indeed the case. I remember him lagging behind making Judy because he said she was his least or one of his least fave chars.

I wonder if he just looked at his characters and just didn't like the way it turned out? Something with his personal life that's eating at him and just losing motivation to create? Or he is just bathing in the money and lost the will to continue?

Before I think he said that he was dealing with depression issues?

Either way, it sucks that he keeps missing deadlines he made for himself. Shit happens, but it just sucks cuz he used to be on point with the deadlines.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I wonder why he lost interest in the game, if that is indeed the case. I remember him lagging behind making Judy because he said she was his least or one of his least fave chars.

I wonder if he just looked at his characters and just didn't like the way it turned out? Something with his personal life that's eating at him and just losing motivation to create? Or he is just bathing in the money and lost the will to continue?

Before I think he said that he was dealing with depression issues?

Either way, it sucks that he keeps missing deadlines he made for himself. Shit happens, but it just sucks cuz he used to be on point with the deadlines.
To be honest, I think ICSTOR is generally just a "coming up with concepts/ideas" person, rather than a guy to see it to completion. I used to write short erotic novels, and I suffered from this exact issue. I would get an idea, it would sound awesome, I would write out a couple of chapters and be like "oh yeah, this is gonna be THE shit!" and then I would suddenly get a new idea for a new story in my head, and I would be unable to work on my previous "amazing project" because my new idea kept distracting me, so I switched to making my new story, which was then interrupted by another one and so on.

I think this is ICSTOR. He comes up with ideas, starts working on them and then comes up with a new idea, which makes him lose interest in his previous project. It's a shitty cycle, but I can releate. It's kinda the same thing Slonique is infamous for on this site, except Slonique clearly just switches things in order to find something that rakes in the money, whereas ICSTOR makes tons of money from MC, so monetary gain is unlikely to be his reason for switching games, IF that is what he ends up doing. At this point, if he truly does not have any interest in MC anymore, he should probably just be handing over MC to some new team and get working on something else.

Last edited:

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
To be honest, I think ICSTOR is generally just a "coming up with concepts/ideas" person, rather than a guy to see it to completion. I used to write short erotic novels, and I suffered from this exact issue. I would get an idea, it would sound awesome, I would write out a couple of chapters and be like "oh yeah, this is gonna be THE shit!" and then I would suddenly get a new idea for a new story in my head, and I would be unable to work on my previous "amazing project" because my new idea kept distracting me, so I switched to making my new story, which was then interrupted by another one and so on.
At first he said that each character would have its own indipendent route, but while maybe true at the beginning now some characters required to have progressed with another, maybe it should have remained that way so that he would have a variety of characters and simply progress the one he felt the most to do, after all there's the guy doing Something Unlimited who at every update added something unplanned because he felt like drawing it and this game too had some extra characters added out of nowhere.
I just wonder how does this work, maybe one day someone will actually care enough to make a documentary about these sort of artists who are paid specifically to do something they enjoy to do and still decide in spite of the money to just stop, I wonder, what has ICSTOR been doing all this time? What's his thought process?

Also "Happy" anniversary, is one year since he wrote an update on his website (not Patreon).

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
So he is nearing almost half a year without a major update and he hasn't posted on his Patreon in the last 2 months?

Can somebody explain to me how he still has Patreons?

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
Dual Family still has patreons after nearly 2 years since the last update.

There are fools everywhere you go.
I know some people have money to spend and more power to them but at least spend it on something that benefits you. Buy the newest iPhone or something or at least give it to charity instead.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I mean let's be honest, if you were making 15k a month, wouldn't you lose all interest?

Wouldn't you rather do other stuff with your time and money?

I know I would.

I'd be a lazy pos and buy stuff all the time.

ICSTOR has literally 'made it' and there's no reason for him to keep working on this.

It would take something MAJOR to shock him into action, like losing 4/5 of his Patron overnight.

Reactions: Jarul

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I think he got over his head making so many branching character paths. Then all the side plot stuff and mini-games.

Or he's just enjoying earning at least $17k a month for doing nothing.

It would take something MAJOR to shock him into action, like losing 4/5 of his Patron overnight.
Not going to happen unfortunately. He only lost 190 patrons this month.

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes