BigBrotherrrr

Aug 28, 2017
News #19 - Update and Apologies
Hello everyone, it’s been a while. First of all I want to say that I’m sorry for a lack of communication lately. I knew I should make this post sooner, but I didn’t exactly know what I wanted to do and I had to consider all the options with myself and some of my team members. I know that probably a lot of you started to hate me, but there’s nothing I can do besides saying that I’m really sorry. To be honest I’m burned out again with working on Milfy City. I was thinking that taking a break again could be a solution, but to be honest I know it’s not. I’ve learned one thing in the last few years of creating games but I’ll write about it later in the post.

What about Milfy City?
When it comes to Milfy City, I’m considering creating the last two BIG updates to Milfy City. I want to finish all characters' storylines which the player could already start to not leave any started story unfinished. Let’s call it version 0.9 and 1.0. I’ll probably make version 0.9 a little smaller so you can guys get the content sooner. Probably with Linda and Sara's complete storyline. Everyone that has supported or is supporting me now, since the beginning of this year will receive those updates for free.

What about the release date?
I don’t know, and I don’t want to give any exact month or day because we know how it could end. I’ll post the news always at the end of the month with current progress.

Current progress bar?
I know that in its current form it’s not really helpful and related to the truth. There are things that are not on my side to do so I can’t really tell how much time other members of the team need. I’m thinking about changing it to a general percent of completion with separate boards, like renders/programming/writing and testing.

What about the future and after completing Milfy City?
I’ve learned one thing in the last few years of making games. (Maybe too late…?) In order to finish the game as I want, without being burned out I can’t make more than 4-5 updates. It’s just who I am. I like creating new stuff and new characters. It’s exactly then, at the beginning when I feel passion and I love creating it and I can work even all day without being exhausted. So, I decided that my future games will be separated into episodes. (For sure no more than four/five). No more creating versions 0.3,0.4,0.5,0.6 .etc Because in every next version I became less and less interested in the project. I’ve already got a great idea for the story for my next game. But, for now only the programmer is working hard on all the mechanics that I want to implement.(There’s a lot :D) In regards to Milfy City he has nothing else left to do until I create renders. So, I have to finish my part first in order to let him start working on it. In the meantime he’s working hard so we’ll be able to release the first episode MAYBE even at the end of this year.

I want to apologize once again for the lack of communication lately, and I’m hoping that there are still a lot of people waiting to see Linda, Sara and a few others characters again :)
View attachment 612102
i'm sorry.jpg

Majima@22

May 3, 2018
He's going to throw together what he has for the little goblin roommate with some landlady content and finish the game in 2 updates.
Wait, just a second I just literally woke up 10 minutes ago and I'm confused What exactly is going to happen with Milfy City I really hope it's nothing bad because I really love this game.

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
I'm surprised that Icstor has 6000 patrons, I know he lost 1000 patrons but still that's a shit ton of money while he's doing absolutely nothing. Btw I know he had health issues and I respect that but that's one thing and the other is lying to us about release dates and releasing a patch with no animations. That is a low blow and after that he will just rush the release while thousands of patrons want the game to be complete is just a dick move and he does not deserve such money if he does that.

I believed in him even after when he lied about the first release date and the other, I thought "Hey, he had issues I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since I don't know how to handle a situation like that", but after he said there wasn't going to be any animations I knew I can't trust him as much as I trusted him before. also he's status bar hasn't changed in 3 months, which begs the question why doesn't he keep on working on the game even if he doesn't have an passion to it. If I'm getting payed that much money I have to deliver since I would feel guilty and penitently also get sued for not delivering and lying. Well let's just hope he doesn't give an absolutely terrible ending, because that will certainly make him untrusted to all of his patrons.

So good I am

Mar 31, 2020
maybe i m starting a war that i can t win but ok let' s go....... i have to sayed that i played billions of games here and elsewhere and i challenge everyone of you to find a game like this... in this game you can have sex scenes every night ( sarah must be implement but he will do this ) you can repeat event when you want and the quality of game is perfect...only few animator can do this ( endless , inkalicius are my favourite ) so i can t see a man attacked very hard like this i think that even his defects he doesn t deserve this... in this dark moment even more. He will finish the game. We haven t seen yet the new two updates so no one can criticies what still not exist ,let s wait let s play and at the end let' s rate.
Dude giving you a facepalm is waste of facepalm imo.:rolleyes:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
CAPTAIN'S LOG, DAY 2354525

A GRIM POST-MORTEM ANALYSIS

(Gimme that TL:DR mod, do it...DO IT! JUST DO IT!)

Well...Well...Well...

So it has finally come to pass, as foretold in the ancient Prophecies of Q Who, ICSTOR has once again bailed out on a project.

The crew are baffled, the whole Quadrant in hysterics as buildings are burned to the ground, Godzilla is reaching the generators and the mods are sweating as they prepare to try qwelling the inevitable shit storm, all asking...Why? OH WHY?!

...And... how?

How did the Top 3D Developer, the undisputed king at one time had you asked anyone,
fallen so spectacularly from grace?

With THAT much money, public support (at the time) and resources, it seemed like a sure thing, like a bank 'too big to fail!'

Well...We all know how THAT ended...

Let's go back a little...Because when you get down to the meat of the matter, the writing was on the wall from day 1.

ICSTOR has been around for a fair while now, to the point he was one of the first 'new wave' adult devs out there with his first couple games, MILF's Control, Incest story 1 & 2 and finally Milf's Villa, his last game before he ventured onto Milfy City.

Each one following similar pattern as the next, with each game, both technically and graphically at least, getting enhanced each time and thus slowly, amassing more Patrons.

However, each one also followed a very similar worrying pattern of development, ICSTOR would reach around over the V0.5 halfway point and progress would seemingly begin to grind to a halt. Notoriously, these projects all fell to the same fate where they were 'rushed' to give a patched out resolution to each one, Incest story 2 and Milf Villa possibly being the worst offender.

ICSTOR would then immediately start up a 'new' exciting project to switch people over to (near enough the same day as closing down the previous game), with a much higher quality than the last incarnation.

This distraction largely proved to work as the new games were always 'better.' And thus with a manageable patron count (and lower expectations at the time), people transitioned over with relative ease.

Then came Milfy City, his magnum opus that propelled him to the top billing.

However, this is where the problems really began. This sudden burst of extreme popularity led to something ICSTOR didn't particularly experience with the other projects, something his cycle of starting and restarting did not anticipate...

Expectations.

It's no doubt, that this game more than any of his others has received much closer scrutiny and expectations than any of his other previous works. The usual trick of just 'bailing' out earlier would not be met with such a brushed under the rug approach.
People were actually 'invested' now, and the financial earnings of the game only further heightened the demand to see 'something' for all this cash being earned.

As learned before though, cash flow does not always equal productivity, as very much shown in this case.

So, once ICSTOR reached the usual cycle peak point of burn-out, what was he to do?

Well...Nothing.

It's no doubt in my mind ICSTOR (doing the barest of bare minimum work at best) has probably been struggling with this 'dilemma' for months.

"Now I'm burned out, how do I now cancel THIS game with so much attention on it, and walk out unscathed?"

The answer is simple.
He can't.
And he knows he can't, so he's fucked.

ICSTOR's development past V0.5 of every game...

Then there's the lies...

It's pretty much a proven at this point ICSTOR's lied, or at the very least heavily distorted the truth.
How much work was really done? We'll never know, but from the 'unannounced' breaks to the inevitable death of this project now in a zombie like state as it limps it's way to the grave, it's clear he hopes to restart the cycle once again.

Let's compare ICSTOR to another Dev, Slonique, Slonique became notorious for rushing or abandoning games frequently, (and was loathed for it), while ICSTOR managed to come out literally king of the hill for a while, even though he displayed the same behavior.

Why?

Well, simply put ICSTOR, unlike Slonique who kept his production levels pretty much at the same level, always visually delivered something better looking.

Thus, even though the behavior was obvious beneath the surface,
the new coat paint of this development cycle blind-sided people into supporting him and over-looking these faults.

It's no doubt that ICSTOR's next game will be visually stunning, but,
I can't help think he won't be able to shake off the criticism surround this game quite so easily,
and perhaps that's for the best.

So, is there any lessons to learn from this trainwreck?

Perhaps for Patrons, the lesson is to observe and watch a Dev's pattern of behavior closely, it's very easy to 'fall in love' with a game and forget that the development behind it may not be so innocent and squeaky clean as you like.

To perhaps be weary, that a 'talented' dev does not mean that translates to a Developer determined to see a project through.

Sadly though, I do wonder if many honest devs are now going to have to deal harsher questioning and perhaps unfair scrutiny thanks to ICSTOR's behavior, who has helped contribute to a minority of Devs with less than professional etiquette or outright predatory behavior.

This is your Captain,
putting some flowers on the grave.

captain of space ship.jpg

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I'm confused What exactly is going to happen with Milfy City I really hope it's nothing bad because I really love this game.
Last two updates Okay but I still don't understand What's the drama
Icstor made a patreon post here. Key points are:
- He doesn't want to keep working on Milfy City.
- He wants to finish the game in two more big updates.
- These two updates will conclude all started story lines.
- Future games will be smaller scale and episodic (5 episodes max).
- Programmer is already working on new mechanics for a new game.
- New game will hopefully be released late this year.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that he both wants to be done with the game but also conclude all storylines in 2 updates and apparently get that done in a way that allows him to release a first version of a new game this year as well. Dude's been 'working' (officially) on Sarah's update for 4 months now, but somehow he's gonna finish the storylines of all other characters in about 5 months? I wouldn't expect anything more than a slideshow for every character...

Last edited:

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that he both wants to be done with the game but also conclude all storylines in 2 updates and apparently get that done in a way that allows him to release a first version of a new game this year as well. Dude's been working on Sarah's update for 4 months now, but somehow he's gonna finish the storylines of all other characters in about 5 months? I wouldn't expect anything more than a slideshow for every character...
Just a couple of corrections. He never says that the updates are going to be big and, in fact, said that the next one, for the trashgoblin and Linda, is going to be a small one, and also he straight up says that he lied about working in the game until now and he actually had done fuck all.

Majima@22

May 3, 2018

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that he both wants to be done with the game but also conclude all storylines in 2 updates and apparently get that done in a way that allows him to release a first version of a new game this year as well. Dude's been working on Sarah's update for 4 months now, but somehow he's gonna finish the storylines of all other characters in about 5 months? I wouldn't expect anything more than a slideshow for every character...
i just read Icstor post and i'm like what in the actual fuck He's just going to Rush the game like that. This is so bulshit :mad:

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Just a couple of corrections. He never says that the updates are going to be big and, in fact, said that the next one, for the trashgoblin and Linda, is going to be a small one, and also he straight up says that he lied about working in the game until now and he actually had done fuck all.
Nah man, he literally said he'll make two more big updates. The quote is:
What about Milfy City?
When it comes to Milfy City, I’m considering creating the last two BIG updates to Milfy City.

Yes he said 0.9 would be smaller, but only in relation to 1.0.

And about him admitting he hasn't been working, I'm not sure which part you mean.
Are you talking about the part where he said the programmer doesn't have anything to do until he creates renders? Because part of me thinks that sentence has to missing the word 'more' in front of renders. Like, even Icstor can't be crazy enough to tell people he hasn't done anything for four months while talking about the two BIG updates he is creating, can he?

To be clear, when I say he has been working on Sarah for 4 months I use the term 'worked' pretty loosely. My point is I have no reason to believe he'll be more productive all of a sudden. I'll put a little edit on my other post

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
To be clear, when I say he has been working on Sarah for 4 months I use the term 'worked' pretty loosely. My point is I have no reason to believe he'll be more productive all of a sudden. I'll put a little edit on my other post
I wouldn't be so sure about this... he pretty much says "fuck you all I am not doing this shit for you but for myself... and shit is not worth my time anymore"
He wants a break and probably slim down on his supporters in order to feel less pressured for his upcoming "games"

Vocal

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'm cool with the short games as long as he finish it. I would prefer that than long projects that eventually gets abandon.

As for Milf City, it's whatever. Just a shame to see the models go to waste. I dunno how he is going to release a big update if he can't even finish the Sara update. I imagine the pacing is going to feel out of wack.

I'm not really asking for a story to be invested in, just sexy situations. I dunno how he could do that in with two big updates with all the remaining establish characters with the different paths. Given his speed, I doubt any update.

All this is making me curious of developing. I never tried it before. I'm going to research in the Daz models and coding. I wonder how long it'll take me to get it.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes