Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well for starters you don't pay the writer for his book before it is finished, or pay him to finish the book. You only give money by buying the book that is already finished.
That only accounts to the rare freelancers.
A professional writer gets a sallary for his work, for the exclusive release rights once the project is done and there are also writers on Patreon for several jobs. Otherwise being an Author would by far be to much of a gamble for most.
Your point only applies to hobby writers without any fame or project to them or who are not interested in Platforms like Patreon

fapperisu95

Apr 10, 2020
That only accounts to the rare freelancers.
A professional writer gets a sallary for his work, for the exclusive release rights once the project is done and there are also writers on Patreon for several jobs. Otherwise being an Author would by far be to much of a gamble for most.
Your point only applies to hobby writers without any fame or project to them or who are not interested in Platforms like Patreon
Very few writers today have a publisher that gives them advances, outside of famous superstar bestseller writers (George RR Martin, Steven King) who probably don't even need the money anyway.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I don't really see a scenario where Icstor either sells someone the rights to Milfy City, or contracts someone else to do it.
The idea frankly sounds like wishful thinking.

Number one, nobody is going to buy Milfy City. It's is difficult to estimate it's value as it is impossible to predict how much money a new developer could make via Patreon or by selling it once completed, but consider that Icstor probably made around half a million dollars since he started Milfy City and then ask yourself if anyone is going to buy the rights to it.

Number two, I can't see Icstor hiring someone else to finish the project either.
From Icstor's point of view, he'd have to hope that he finds someone that is good enough to bring in new patrons so that employing them is still profitable overall, while also hoping he's not too good and starts his own project afterwards, potentially splitting his patrons.
From the contractors point of view, Icstor provides nothing for them except name recognition. No infrastructure, no hardware(I'm assumming), nothing. He'd have to believe that while Icstor essentialy takes a cut out of their paycheck every month for merely existing, the money they'd end up with would still have to be more than what they'd end up with in a different field or working on their own project."

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelion-01

fapperisu95

Apr 10, 2020
How depressing.
So the only way to resolve noupdates and poor products (looks at EA) is for original guy to lose lots of money lmao.:KEK:

Last edited:

Wanderan

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
And here's the thing right, MILFY City was one of the games I liked from him the most because I'm a sucker for good romance stories. Of all his games up until this one, Milf's Control was my favorite (even though I dislike the mind control fetish) because of that nice ending he wrote with the older sister.

The story he wrote with Caroline was incredible, and I could genuinely see the feelings develop. This is sort of why I dislike stories where the chick is already envisioning getting ploughed by the MC unless it makes a lot of sense. That's probably the reason I dislike Linda the most of the entire cast.

There was a discussion I had with a friend of mine where we were talking about developers who have incredible models but lackluster storytelling and others who have the inverse.

ICSTOR is one of the few devs that actually has a nice balance. The textbooks examples of these are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ICSTOR was one of the few devs that gave me that fix of wholesome content (I largely ignore the kinks I don't like and only do it for completion's sake) but now? He's been replaced with quality devs like DrPinkCake, OrbOrigin, Nefastus, ChainZero and AZ. Those games are ones you believe in mostly because the devs actually talk to the fanbase and keep them updated on progress fairly regularly.

ICSTOR wasted the potential he had. And god that irritates me. I LOVE his models and he at times writes really good stories, but if you're gonna do a game where you get bored of the idea, why even do it in the first place?

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Well rip, ends up just like his another two games.

If there will be no harem content and scenes that include all the 3 main ladies, then i don't even care anymore. :D

coldman

Jun 13, 2017
BoiZ I just fell the urge to drop my opinion- several months ago when I wrote about icstor there where many negative reactions and my PM was also "ringing". He may have good stuff but way to many excuses. I'm a great programmer and I'm paid pretty much a lot but if I'd fuck up something or break a deadline I'd be fucked rough for any other project I wanna take from a serious buyer. If he thinks that "burned out" is a good excuse, well buddy, lemme tell you a secret- I never fucking loved chemistry in school but I still aced it. Having talent is nothing without putting a lot of good old hard work along.
Sure in life there is a lot of things that can go horrible not just bad, but to have excuse that you are burned out, to me that's a synonym for being lazy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: septacycell
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes