yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I've just started this game thinking it wasn't going to be finished. It's sad that it looks like it might be a half ass finish to this. I hope not. What he did to his patrons was wrong. No updates, silence, then I'm sorry? He milked them. Ok, you have personal issues, or burn out. Ok, wouldn't an explanation to your customers been the least he/she could have done while that was occuring instead of leaving people in limbo?

xoxo

Jul 4, 2017
I usually side with devs when people start complaining because I know how hard it is to make a game and how long it actually takes, and that this "just hire more people to make the game for you" is not that easy - good, trustworthy workers are hard to find, and a good DAZ3D artist for example (and there aren't many of them) can take a good chunk of your payment (up to 10K).
ICSTOR was never depressed, he just didn't want to work on this game anymore. Working on something you don't like anymore can make you feel depressed, I've been there, so I understand this, but spending several months not working one bit on your game and lying about it is disgusting. That being said, it was pretty obvious he was doing this, and that the game releases started to come like once a year, so if people want to pay for that that's their problem. I see a lot of people here (who steal games btw) getting angry when I think they are just jealous of how much he makes for so little work. If you have to be mad with someone be mad at the patrons who support this kind of work, but I assure you they are all old enough to decide how to spend their own money.
Plotting to make him lose his page/game/money is also disgusting. Let the man do his job and let people pay for it if they want, stop trying to hurt someone else's life/wallet.

Abandoning projects is a classic in the game development community, I think ICSTOR is taking the right step here realizing his problem and deciding to make smaller games.

And if anyone wants to remake or continue this game, just do it - call it a fan game, a parody or whatever, no one will care, you don't have to go after the rights of the game.

phoenixbrose

Jan 7, 2020
Very few writers today have a publisher that gives them advances, outside of famous superstar bestseller writers (George RR Martin, Steven King) who probably don't even need the money anyway.
As a professional author who has been published by several small presses, I can confirm this 1000%. Every contract I've been offered is royalty-based only. And depending on the press, we're often lucky to get accurate reporting on even that little trickle!

But that's for books. I know many authors who also have a Patreon, where they post short stories, behind-the-scenes blog-type stuff, or--if they're experienced enough--advice for up and comers. Every one of them feels immense pressure to create content as well as keep working on stuff for broader release, and many have shut their pages down rather than let their supporters hang in the wind. THAT is the difference between someone who is a true artist / creator and someone who's only in it for the money. This entire thread is a perfect example of the other end of that equation.

Jul 29, 2018
Truly a lesson to be learnt for aspiring / new creatives carving out their way into the world. You may make alot of money right now. But eventually the goodwill from your fans will dry out and eventually the money too if one pulls the same bullshit stunt again and again. Maybe not now. But eventually it will be a reality and oh boy will it hit'cha Super. Fucking. Hard.

Reality will be like:

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
I usually side with devs when people start complaining because I know how hard it is to make a game and how long it actually takes, and that this "just hire more people to make the game for you" is not that easy - good, trustworthy workers are hard to find, and a good DAZ3D artist for example (and there aren't many of them) can take a good chunk of your payment (up to 10K).
ICSTOR was never depressed, he just didn't want to work on this game anymore. Working on something you don't like anymore can make you feel depressed, I've been there, so I understand this, but spending several months not working one bit on your game and lying about it is disgusting. That being said, it was pretty obvious he was doing this, and that the game releases started to come like once a year, so if people want to pay for that that's their problem. I see a lot of people here (who steal games btw) getting angry when I think they are just jealous of how much he makes for so little work. If you have to be mad with someone be mad at the patrons who support this kind of work, but I assure you they are all old enough to decide how to spend their own money.
Plotting to make him lose his page/game/money is also disgusting. Let the man do his job and let people pay for it if they want, stop trying to hurt someone else's life/wallet.

Abandoning projects is a classic in the game development community, I think ICSTOR is taking the right step here realizing his problem and deciding to make smaller games.

And if anyone wants to remake or continue this game, just do it - call it a fan game, a parody or whatever, no one will care, you don't have to go after the rights of the game.
In general, I agree with you and I am not going to join the choir complaining about ICSTOR.
Creating a game is in a sense something like running your own business. Many, if not all, must be dealt with by yourself.
Many people don't realize how terrible it is and how much time it takes. It can also be very comprehensive and discouraging you to continue. However, there is also the other side of the coin. ICSTOR undertook this work which is making the game and taking money for it made some commitments. It would be honest to finish them, despite the hardships it entails. After all, this was not his first game and he should know how much work he needs and calculate everything well to complete the task. It's just my five cents. Personally, I wish the author a lot of health and patience and of course successful completion of the game.

Reactions: xoxo

dungdc2024

Apr 4, 2018
View attachment 91409

Overview:
A young student finds himself in the school therapist office, after a humiliating moment with another teacher at school. While plotting his revenge, he'll romance other characters at the school and at home.​

Thread Updated: 2019-12-02
Release Date: 2019-12-02
Developer: ICSTOR - -
Holiday Stories:
Censored: No
Version: 0.6e
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Character Name Change:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - - -
Mac: - MEGA - - - -
Others:
UNOFFICIAL COMPRESSED + ANDROID PORT*

Patches: -
Extras: WALKTHROUGH v0.6b - FAN SIGNATURES - SECRET CARDS - LAIN'S MOD
Translations:
ITALIAN
Thanks to Icejin for sharing - fan signatures by @Krull *This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 57353 View attachment 57354 View attachment 57355 View attachment 57356 View attachment 57357 View attachment 57358
View attachment 57359 View attachment 57360 View attachment 57361 View attachment 57362 View attachment 57363 View attachment 57364
Thank you

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
why in ICSTOR patreon many people hate comment?

he just want vacation and "break" until he have time to work another update. Please respectfuly what develop have done until now
By insulting Icstor and showing impatience we will not gain anything. It remains only to wait for developments. I hope they will turn out positively.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
why in ICSTOR patreon many people hate comment?

he just want vacation and "break" until he have time to work another update. Please respectfuly what develop have done until now
Because he had a 2 month break last year. And dragged his feet doing the work for 0.6 after that. And continued to talk about his good progress, until he went silent. Again.

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
Because he had a 2 month break last year. And dragged his feet doing the work for 0.6 after that. And continued to talk about his good progress, until he went silent. Again.
Ok, you are right, but insulting him will not improve the situation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ElmerFudd
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes