goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
how does taxation works from this? It cant be classed as a gift? as he produce a product depending on how good the "gifts" are, but ofc it depends from country to country. We used to be able to play online poker here and give our government nothing so they changed the laws, they must have their fingers in everything, at least here :p
and I assume he have people helping him that he then pay? do they count as employees? so he must tax their payment as well?
I really doubt he can save all that money each month....not saying he cant save some, but some people seem to think it is "free" money
Patreon handles this. You should look at their legal documents if you're interested.

Reactions: jdw6

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
how does taxation works from this? It cant be classed as a gift? as he produce a product depending on how good the "gifts" are, but ofc it depends from country to country. We used to be able to play online poker here and give our government nothing so they changed the laws, they must have their fingers in everything, at least here :p
and I assume he have people helping him that he then pay? do they count as employees? so he must tax their payment as well?
I really doubt he can save all that money each month....not saying he cant save some, but some people seem to think it is "free" money
it would be pre-tax dollars. In the USA, (very simplified) you pay taxes on profit. To simplify, I will say he makes $1,000 a month after Patreon fees.. So if he spends $100, a month on renting an office space... and hires out $300 a month to contractors as help (they pay their own taxes). Then he is making $600 a month that he has to pay taxes on. (Let's say 20%). So he pays $120 in taxes and pockets $480. (This is super simplified, so any CPAs put there forgive me...)

So I guess, whatever he is making per month on patreon, cut it in half and that is his take home pay...

Reactions: fffffffffffk

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Oh man, the fans are back, this thread is about to get interesting.
Patreon handles this. You should look at their legal documents if you're interested.
And even then, making around $35k a month for over a year, would allow him to save up enough that he could just retire and live off the interest of the money he has made.

I gotta know, why is it when people criticize his lack of effort vs money made, they get so defensive?

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
Oh man, the fans are back, this thread is about to get interesting.

And even then, making around $35k a month for over a year, would allow him to save up enough that he could just retire and live off the interest of the money he has made.

I gotta know, why is it when people criticize his lack of effort vs money made, they get so defensive?
Why are you posting in this thread if you're not a fan?

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Where the Heart Is isn't an incest game.
Could have fooled me with how it's written, particularly when the 'best friend' keeps talking about how the feelings she's having for the main character are so wrong. You haven't figured out who the 'secret other lover' mentioned in the dad's will is, have you? Or why Elaine is so irrationally angry at the 'best friend'? Keep on thinking, you'll get there.

Last edited:

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
Because it's an open forum for piracy of content and I have pirated the game. This is not the ICSTOR fan forums. If you want to defend him and pay for his work, go there.
Lmfao i love how people are over using the term pirating content here...
We are not just pirating content, we are a massive part of the games advertisement and development. We are the free workforce that does all the bug reporting and actually giving guidance to the developer on what would be the best plot choices, what would be the best characters and then giving feedback on all those things which the developer can then use to better the game and eventually put out a product that is actually tested and properly done before its actual release.
These mods here keep using the term like the dev is doing some charity work for by giving us this content.
The "pirates" are the sole reasons these games have become as popular and loved as they are and for devs and mod to shit on us like they do one some of these forums *COUGH* Wifey Academy *COUGH* is beyond ungrateful and disrespectful...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
We are not just pirating content, we are a massive part of the games advertisement and development. We are the free workforce that does all the bug reporting and actually giving guidance to the developer on what would be the best plot choices, what would be the best characters and then giving feedback on all those things which the developer can then use to better the game and eventually put out a product that is actually tested and properly done before its actual release.
These mods here keep using the term like the dev is doing some charity work for by giving us this content.
The "pirates" are the sole reasons these games have become as popular and loved as they are and for devs and mod to shit on us like they do one some of these forums *COUGH* Wifey Academy *COUGH* is beyond ungrateful and disrespectful...
That only applies to the Games whoms Devs are posting games here for free in order to do exactly that.
Can't help anyone if they don't know about you doing it ;)
ICStor is not giving away shit for free so we are atleast Pirating this game... not to mention that he isn't takeing help or advice from anyone that could hold him accountable to this.

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
That only applies to the Games whoms Devs are posting games here for free in order to do exactly that.
Can't help anyone if they don't know about you doing it ;)
ICStor is not giving away shit for free so we are atleast Pirating this game... not to mention that he isn't takeing help or advice from anyone that could hold him accountable to this.
Most of these developers still start out on this very website to get recognition. I doubt Icestor was this successful right off the bat without the help of us so called piraters. Now sure when he/she is using papers stacks to wipe his ass while he/she doesn't give a fuck but they still owe it to the people they got started with. Im pretty sure he wouldn't have the patreons he has if it weren't for these pirates advertising and bringing it to the attention of potential patreons. It still comes down to those so called pirates that make the game a success for the developer in the end.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Do we do that? Do we report bugs for Milfy City and does he use our bug reports to fix the game? Does he use our ideas? Because last I checked the most common idea we give is "Work on your game" and he doesn't do that nearly as much as he should.
What kind of pirate puts their own games on this site? :sneaky:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Do we do that? Do we report bugs for Milfy City and does he use our bug reports to fix the game? Does he use our ideas? Because last I checked the most common idea we give is "Work on your game" and he doesn't do that nearly as much as he should.
ICSTOR doesn't, but Onyxdime has made changes based on our feedback in the past. Well, the non-dickish feedback - there are plenty of people who say shit about the writing that would get them punched IRL.

Last edited by a moderator:

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
ICSTOR doesn't, but Onyxdime has made changes based on our feedback in the past. Well, the non-dickish feedback - there are plenty of people who say shit about the writing that would get them punched IRL.
I know the writing is originally another language, so I give it leniency, but some of it is pretty bad lol. Feels rushed, which may just be down to Icstor wanting it all to end.

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017

See the list of tags at the top of the page? Click "sandbox".
It's a hazard of the profession - you get used to it. ;) Most of the criticism, even if it is harsh, has a kernel of truth in it. You can still learn something from them.

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
For Mom son fun this one of the best games on here! Icstor could just say it was finish & it be one of the best games on here even it never got finished!

3.70 star(s) 409 Votes