bsr2

Apr 11, 2018
After his comment of "I'm doing everything I can not to lose interest after chapter 2 or 3" everyone of his patrons should have left and this shit should have been marked as abandoned. That is a downright slap in the face and shows just how shitty of a dev he is.

If he was making the games with all his own money I would still be disappointing as a fan of MC. But when you are using patron for money, other peoples money, and telling them oh yeah the game you guys are all giving me money to make and you like? I lost interest, to bad.

Jormag

Oct 4, 2017
patrons

Atm, he loses a few in the last week I guess.. I can swear he had more than 6k so ggwp scammer, keep it up !
Never underestimate mindless patrons... Some people will back creators no matter what and/or somehow forget they're backing them.

Not sure if anyone here remembers ILL who was creating Dungeons & Prisoners but he basically made a demo in 2015 and his last post was a small bugfix update in 2016 and to this day he is still receiving $31 per month from 32 patrons. Granted not quite the same situation as ICSTOR stringing people along, but there will always be SOME people who will continue to back creators even after being thoroughly fucked by them
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RSanderson

Dec 1, 2019
ICSTOR is the one guy who shows up for the first class when project groups are assigned, and who then bails without saying a word, leaving one group in a shitty situation with one fewer members.
More like the guy goes M.I.A. from the group project, everyone tries to communicate and he says he's had some personal problems, you give him some slack because college be like that, but fails to connect with the group later on... so everyone else gets together and finishes the work; however, he comes in on presentation/submission day wants to claim credit.

Or it could be like when your car broke because of transmission problems, so you take it to the shop to get fixed, the mechanic says it'll take like two weeks for the parts to come in and be installed... two weeks goes by and you come to pick up your car, but the mechanic says he's been swamped because of another car's repair and your repair is being delayed, tells you to come back later in the week... You show up later in the week to find out the car still isn't fixed and you can literally see it parked in the back with no work being done.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018
More like the guy goes M.I.A. from the group project, everyone tries to communicate and he says he's had some personal problems, you give him some slack because college be like that, but fails to connect with the group later on... so everyone else gets together and finishes the work; however, he comes in on presentation/submission day wants to claim credit.

Or it could be like when your car broke because of transmission problems, so you take it to the shop to get fixed, the mechanic says it'll take like two weeks for the parts to come in and be installed... two weeks goes by and you come to pick up your car, but the mechanic says he's been swamped because of another car's repair and your repair is being delayed, tells you to come back later in the week... You show up later in the week to find out the car still isn't fixed and you can literally see it parked in the back with no work being done.
So basically any road work being done on the highway. Only one lane is open, at greatly reduced speeds, but not a hard hat or steamroller to be seen for 25 minutes.

jackp0t

Jun 24, 2020
This situation with icstor and that other failed dev of summertime saga reminds me of the comics creator JAB| who was an overnight success with his style and product and totally went unproductive the moment his site became famous not making new comics for years

Reactions: parachina

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
This situation with icstor and that other failed dev of summertime saga reminds me of the comics creator JAB| who was an overnight success with his style and product and totally went unproductive the moment his site became famous not making new comics for years
I dont think you can compare icstor to Dark cookie.
Summertime saga its a 2d game and you can se him draw and respond to everyone almost every day.
Not only that summertime saga is free. you literally get every update a day after except there's a big bug.
And in the last year and a half ss was updated 4 times

P4N4

Sep 16, 2019
btw his Goals dropped from 92% to 84% complete. Lol what a Jerk.
That happens when people who pledged $10 or more stop the pledge or change it to $1. The goals are sum diven and the less money he makes per month the less the graph will show. Right now it's at 81%. (In case you thought he was upping his goal and thus it continues to shrink).

Doni94

Dec 29, 2018
Is he worried though? I know he has lost more than 500 patrons this month. But we all know when he releases an update to Milfy city or the new project he is working, the numbers will go up.
That was the point of putting the picture of Uncle Scrooge concerned about his financial situation, it is exactly as you said he lost some patreons, but as soon as he releases one of the two games he recovers them or increases his number of patreons.

I don't know how much money he is earning, but he has approximately 5,000 patreons, if all these donated him just $ 1 he would still be earning $ 5000.00. In other words, the amount of money he is earning must be an absurd amount, taking into consideration that the people who donated $ 100 per month (sould out) wich means he must be earning a absurd amount of money and still acts like that.

Reactions: parachina
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes