Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hmm possibly, I'm not suggesting that all games grind to a halt as they get more, all I'm saying is that for many games I've followed content has slowed as their income increased.
Milfy City, Corruption, Waifu Academy, Summertime Saga, Superpowered, WVM, Rogue-Like: Evolution, and many more have fallen into this trap.

Then you have the every singe game that is abandoned that still make quite a lot in patreon revenue, that's the worst case scenario in all these cases (though unlikely)

Some exceptions I've witnessed are MITY (although they have slowed down recently), Mr.Dots, KsT, Jikei, Runey and at the very top of professionalism and work ethic is NLT Media.

Finally, there are the devs who've completed their game and continue to reap income but have yet to start a new game (this is similar to the previous examples, I think)
Can't say anything to most of these games, as I am not following these... however Night City Productions, whom developes Super Powered hasn't slown down from my observations... they did something quiet popular among Patreon Devs, by starting a second game (i.e. Looser) and divert their progress on both games, so far they did 2-3 Updates for Super Powered and than 1 Update for Looser, but after finishing the school they reverted that schedule for a while concentrating on Looser.
They have started working on Super Powered again this month though and will return to the old schedule.

One thing however should be noted... unknown creators tend to overwork themself for a few month maybe a year inorder to build a fan base and support before slowing down to a healthy work balance and release schedule... ICStor is not such a Dev btw.

Jul 15, 2020
The true nature of patreon, the more money a creator gets, the less they work on said game. I imagine the mindset goes something like this "If people are paying me even if I don't release content, why should I even work at all?" I haven't seen one game not fall into this pit, patreon would do well to auto-cancel subscriptions of a certain age if no content is put out, ya know, protect their consumers. Creators would be required to mark a release of content to avoid losing their patrons ofc.
patreon don't give a carp about supporters, they only care about getting their cut as long as some SJW's and lawyers and not giving then hassle

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
Hmm possibly, I'm not suggesting that all games grind to a halt as they get more, all I'm saying is that for many games I've followed content has slowed as their income increased.
My guess is that most if not all of them are amateurs who don't know how to manage a project, and many of them might be good artists, but inefficient at using the tools. One example of that is Dark Cookie who after a while realized that he had to redo most of the characters since it took way too long to do new stuff if he couldn't reuse things. Another disaster is KsT who wrecked the entire game due to him not having a clue on how to work with 3D models in a game.

They often start out without any proper plan, meaning that they'll have to spend a lot of time refactoring their code once new requirements appear, and that will look like nothing is happening. As a bonus, old saves don't work and people get pissed off after being forced to replay the same intro over and over. They don't have a clear picture of where the story should be going, resulting in a lot of abandoned branches that people get annoyed over - Why doesn't my favorite character get any updates? If they have a good plan of how the story should evolve, then they can ignore patreons who have little to no experience when it comes to writing a story, and only want to see more of their favorites.

After a while, it's just not fun anymore, but cancelling something that brings in thousands of dollars every month seems like a really bad idea.

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
Hello, does anyone now the current state of the game? As in abandoned, on hold, moved to Patreon only, etc? last update was from 2019 and I'm curious if I should still keep watch on the game or forget it, as I've finished it already. Thanks in advance! :D
Screenshot_1.png
For 80% of the first game it took 9 months, if you just calculate the math, it turns out to reach 100% you need two more months. But if with breaks then +1,2,3
The second game can not wait a year at least, this is 146%.
But this is all not insider information, you can read the posts, see the release dates, and make up your opinion.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Hello, does anyone now the current state of the game? As in abandoned, on hold, moved to Patreon only, etc? last update was from 2019 and I'm curious if I should still keep watch on the game or forget it, as I've finished it already. Thanks in advance! :D
Could you not have scrolled up a couple of posts? This is answered every 3-4 hours, tops.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes