Fixn

Aug 29, 2017
Just put the abandoned tag on this game already. i mean.. we have not had a update for close to a year??
ANY other project would have been marked abandoned by now. I was going to suggest someone start a project and just claim the update was coming SOON, but that what most projects end up being.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
ANY other project would have been marked abandoned by now. I was going to suggest someone start a project and just claim the update was coming SOON, but that what most projects end up being.
At abandoned maybe not, but on hold it definitely should. But apparently criticism on this thread is being removed for no reason.

I don't condone by any means insults towards the dev, but putting every criticism in the same bag makes no sense.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
At abandoned maybe not, but on hold it definitely should. But apparently criticism on this thread is being removed for no reason.

I don't condone by any means insults towards the dev, but putting every criticism in the same bag makes no sense.
I've had my reply removed for simply saying I had seen a specific entry before it was deleted.
I don't back the dev. but not having seen any progress on this project for so long doesn't seem fair to the people that do finance this game.

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017

Absolutely needs an on hold tag. Anything on this site that isn't updated after 6 months should get an on hold tag regardless of communication from the dev.

tyga

May 10, 2018
LOL, on Sept. 8 (page 2383) I posted that his Patreon post indicated the project statuses were: Milfy City v0.7 @ 80%, Project X @ 10%, and Goal 6 @ 78%. I just looked and the Patreon page now indicates Milfy City v0.7 @ 80%, Project X @ 10%, and Goal 6 @ 72%. So his Goal 6 is actually going backwards? Hopefully he re-evaluated his progress to better reflect where he's truly at based on new or re-worked content; otherwise he's just slapping numbers up there to show his webpage has changes...

I happened to check his Discord server last night. One of the devs responded to questions concerning MC delivery. The answers were the generic responses we've been receiving for the last several months. Yes MC is still under development, but it is moving more slowly. Version .7 is being worked on and we could expect to see a release. No dates or content expected were provided. I can kind of understand it if he's a hired hand, he's obviously parroting what he's been told.

I also took a look at his Reddit page. The last MC entries were from early last month, but someone mentioned yesterday that the new project's name is Dreams Come True. I can't verify that is the actual name, but it was still posted there a few minutes ago.

I'd just like to add that I still find the game enjoyable to play. I really like the storyline, character development, and artwork. I'd really like to see this game completed in it's entirety, not just drop a semi-update and say Game Completed. Here's to hoping ICSTOR gets back into the groove of true game development.
from my view of the topic. I think hes most likely at the point of giving up on it and as such never works on it, Like many other game devs around ( a good example I can think of is a rpg flash game series called Mardek) there comes a point where the game they are developing becomes more of a chore then something they enjoy doing: The fun is gone, the motivation is low, updating backers/fans with new news becomes both anxiety and stress and end up being more of a mental health trigger. As a result weeks will go by with extremely little devolvement on it. Id say that's the situation with ICSTOR. The main problem is that he still activly uses and accepting patreon. That is something that needs to change or at least be more communicative over as he has now over 5k patreons.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
aww ICSTOR used to finish their games idk what happened but all the best.
No he didn't. ICSTOR finished the first two properly and everything he's attempted since he got bored about halfway through and either bulldozed his way to an "ending" leaving huge amounts of unfinished content and dangling plots, or he abandoned the game entirely as he's seemingly doing with this Milfy City update that has been in the "works" for nearly a year. Shit, he hasn't even produced anything on his new project yet. ICSTOR has got to have the dumbest patreon supporters on the planet, he's gone 11 months without any actual updates and he's still bringing in thousands a month. We're sitting at two days shy of two months since the last proper patreon update.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
from my view of the topic. I think hes most likely at the point of giving up on it and as such never works on it, Like many other game devs around ( a good example I can think of is a rpg flash game series called Mardek) there comes a point where the game they are developing becomes more of a chore then something they enjoy doing: The fun is gone, the motivation is low, updating backers/fans with new news becomes both anxiety and stress and end up being more of a mental health trigger. As a result weeks will go by with extremely little devolvement on it. Id say that's the situation with ICSTOR. The main problem is that he still activly uses and accepting patreon. That is something that needs to change or at least be more communicative over as he has now over 5k patreons.
Main Problem is that ICStor is already a pro at this.... it's really common practice for him.
He keeps running the same track by putting different Labels on top and somehow most of his "supporters" don't notice or aren't bothered at all.

Reactions: Jaun Karr
3.80 star(s) 413 Votes