Connel

Aug 1, 2020
Okay, read again what you just said, but slowly. You can't subscribe twice to someone.
No, no. You don't understand. Instead of creating ONE patreon account with 4 projects (3 finished), you create FOUR patreon accounts with 1 project each, all unfinished. With the first option you can get 5000 supporters in one account (for the unfinished project mostly), but in the second you can get 5000 supporters on each account. After all you will get no supporters (or maybe a few) for finished projects, if the underlying idea of a supporter is to help the dev update or finish the project.With the second option same supporters can pay multiple times, with the second option the can not.
I completely understand and agree your opinion in the rest of your post, it is totally logical from the supporter point of view, but not from the developer side. If you have understood what I said now, it's pretty obvious the best choice for a dev, and that's very bad for supporters. Maybe some developers are too busy updating multiple projects (under different accounts) and that's why they update so late.

Connel

Aug 1, 2020
Well, many people gave him money for a long time before withdrawing their support, they were very patient and trusted the author to fulfill his promises, also, there is no "hate", people have a right to their opinions and to call out liars, who are you to tell them otherwise? I for one welcome the backlash, maybe their dissatisfaction can make a difference in terms of getting this game finished, author has made more than 400k this year without actually releasing an update, I think that's unfair to those who are still loyal to him, you act as if he's doing this for free.
I totally agree. Stop supporting him, you can support him again when he updates at a rate you're happy with. A supporter can complain more effectively through the patreon channel, anyway, so I don't see what's the use of all this whinning in the forums. The same way some told me I was the developer using a fake account (for defending him), I could say all these haters are fake accounts from other devs trying to steal supporters. I think both ideas are absurd, but they have the same base.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
No, no. You don't understand. Instead of creating ONE patreon account with 4 projects (3 finished), you create FOUR patreon accounts with 1 project each, all unfinished. With the first option you can get 5000 supporters in one account (for the unfinished project mostly), but in the second you can get 5000 supporters on each account. After all you will get no supporters (or maybe a few) for finished projects, if the underlying idea of a supporter is to help the dev update or finish the project.With the second option same supporters can pay multiple times, with the second option the can not.
I completely understand and agree your opinion in the rest of your post, it is totally logical from the supporter point of view, but not from the developer side. If you have understood what I said now, it's pretty obvious the best choice for a dev, and that's very bad for supporters. Maybe some developers are too busy updating multiple projects (under different accounts) and that's why they update so late.
Ah, I get it now. Instead of making sure you can make this a long term career, by making several games after another over a span of several years, gathering a loyal fanbase, you make several patreon accounts to maximize your profit for the short term, since it's obvious this sort of thing won't survive longer than two to three years. So, the question is, are you willing to make, let's say 2000 dollars a month for updating regularly for several years, or four times 500 dollars a month for barely games (all in v0.2) with only one update a year until people catch on?

The reason you get 5000 supporters in your first option is because you already finished 3 projects and have shown you are reliable. The second option will never get you 5000 supporters on each. I don't even think you'll get 5000 in total.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If you want to play Milfy City as an incomplete game and just enjoy the various story lines until you reach the end of content, then it's a game worth playing. If you are looking to support someone as a Patreon because they communicate well and consistently put out quality content, then ICSTOR is no longer in that category. Milfy City was one of the first games I supported on Patreon and I loved the MC/Caroline dynamic. The reality is that the story and models/game immersion - while great in 2018/2019 have begun to age. Other dev's are adding ambient noise, good music, 720 or 1080p imagery and/or voice acting. Milfy City is stagnant right now and the longer it goes without getting new updates/being completed with a satisfying number of quality updates, the harder it is to invest time in it. There is a lot of competition for my time and I'm happy to support Patreons who reward my contributions with a VN that is worth my time. Milfy City could become worth my time again, but that takes more than just empty promises. Tell us what is going to be in the next update, set a reasonable deadline to produce the update, publish the quality update - Repeat. Until then - promises = vaporware.

D

Deleted member 2497343

MILFY CITY HARDCORE FANS: I, an Milfy City lover, have a dream.

ICSTOR: [3:46] ♪ ♫ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:Golden Wind OST: ~Giorno's Theme~ "Il vento d'oro" (Main Theme) ♪ ♫

155fa0f038be246c77914fb12836eadc.gif

Reactions: Simon and Marzapane

Connel

Aug 1, 2020
Ah, I get it now. Instead of making sure you can make this a long term career, by making several games after another over a span of several years, gathering a loyal fanbase, you make several patreon accounts to maximize your profit for the short term, since it's obvious this sort of thing won't survive longer than two to three years. So, the question is, are you willing to make, let's say 2000 dollars a month for updating regularly for several years, or four times 500 dollars a month for barely games (all in v0.2) with only one update a year until people catch on?

The reason you get 5000 supporters in your first option is because you already finished 3 projects and have shown you are reliable. The second option will never get you 5000 supporters on each. I don't even think you'll get 5000 in total.
You actually have a good point here.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Just for an example... ICStor would have had an easy time writing the game in a way that would atleast feature 2 more sequels...
Milfy City 2:
The Player managed to knock all the girls up at home... Linda deforces Bill and he moves out.
The Mc has finished Highschool but with the women close to birth there is noone to manage their Business (both Caroline and Linda are self employed)... so the Player takes control... he travels throughout the town in order to recruit the women from part 1 and maybe a few random strangers to build an empire... (Linda runs an accounting agency and Caroline a clothing shop), Linda's manager (new unique female) runs the place while the Player expands the familiy business to integrate Carolines business... makeing Linda's company into a big branch in the clothing industry.
His Aunts Wife as a Model, Carolines "best friend" as photographer, Celia as an assistant, etc.

Weekend Events or going home early could even result into pregnant Events with the main girls.
The storyline of the bitchy teacher (Celia) could have ended with the player releasing sex tapes of her fucking a student at school (finishing her marriage) and the info about her selling grades (finishing her career)... than offer her a job and place to crash instead of being a homeless bun or prostitute (since noone will hire her with her history)... she'll hate his guts for a reason and he'll have to dominate her in a way she will appreciate his cruelness to her.

The game would only be a VN since Linda's manager runs the place and the Player makes only minor decisions like hiring new people and how to advertise their company (affecting a weekly salary).... the game lasts 1 year until Caroline and Linda can return into their respective business.

Milfy City 3:
could be about the Player finally going to college after Linda and Caroline took back their business the player turned into a major player in the market.
The possibilities would be nearly endless here

Last edited:

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
Just for an example... ICStor would have had an easy time writing the game in a way that would atleast feature 2 more sequels...
Milfy City 2:
The Player managed to knock all the girls up at home... Linda deforces Bill and he moves out.
Bill? Who the fuck is bill?

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Didn't Icstor say he's got a new guy working on this game while he works on a new gamw?
He did say so, a long time ago, and the people he hired have already said they did their part of the job a long time ago as well. And still it just moved to 90% last week (though to be fair, there was no percentage on the update before that 90%).

So... yeah...

buff

May 29, 2017
If you want to play Milfy City as an incomplete game and just enjoy the various story lines until you reach the end of content, then it's a game worth playing. If you are looking to support someone as a Patreon because they communicate well and consistently put out quality content, then ICSTOR is no longer in that category. Milfy City was one of the first games I supported on Patreon and I loved the MC/Caroline dynamic. The reality is that the story and models/game immersion - while great in 2018/2019 have begun to age.
So far we agree. I will say that the animations are still a lot better than most stuff out there, old or new.
Other dev's are adding ambient noise,
Which is nice when well done, but usually it's not and I disable it. If I want to background the game for whatever reason I end up having to disable the BG noise, and it's unlikely I will every turn it back on.
good music,
Key being good. Not enough of them out there for me to consider it "normal" in an indy H-game.
720 or 1080p imagery
100% with you there
and/or voice acting.
OK, now you're off the rails. Voice acting is a fucking scourge. Developers send big chunks of cash to Voice Like Candy and other chicks so that they can say shit that makes you cringe. Every time I've ever played a game with VA I've tried hard to leave it on and had to kill it because it was ruining the game.

It also causes problems because the dev can't go back and fix dialogue, since it would require writing a new VA check. The voice/text ends up either mismatched, or neither is ever changed even when it should be (say, to fix a continuity bug).
Milfy City is stagnant right now and the longer it goes without getting new updates/being completed with a satisfying number of quality updates, the harder it is to invest time in it. There is a lot of competition for my time and I'm happy to support Patreons who reward my contributions with a VN that is worth my time. Milfy City could become worth my time again, but that takes more than just empty promises. Tell us what is going to be in the next update, set a reasonable deadline to produce the update, publish the quality update - Repeat. Until then - promises = vaporware.
100% with you on this. Excellent summary.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 416 Votes