wario7403

Sep 24, 2019
Cyberpunk could have been pushed back 3 times between the last update of Milfy City and the next one, it's sad ...

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
its nice to be doing nothing and still get paid a handy sum every month

last checked 5,796 patrons. min $5796 monthly, actual sum is much more than that.
The indie game dev company I currently work at doesn't even make that much from Patreon donations and we have been active for more than two years now constantly engaging with our community and posting progress on our game (Although to be fair, we don't have a public demo yet but we are currently working on that right now). We have dedicated 3D modelers, sound/music composers, 3D animators, writers, producer, etc... We struggle with a small budget since we don't have a publisher (yet) and we don't have a public demo yet and the nature of our game (Single player horror game inspired by Dead Space) cannot allow for an EA title.

It just infuriates me to see such a lazy, irresponsible and unprofessional game dev being enabled to continue doing nothing by receiving a huge monthly check. I'm not one to have jealousy often, but damn.

EDIT: I also want to add: This guy has everything any game dev can hope for. He has verifiable work antecedents, a popular game with an active community, a game recipe that mostly works, and a big ol' fat check to sustain himself and a full team of freelancers to help him around.

He just throws it all away for BS reasons.

Last edited:

mammonite

Nov 1, 2017
The indie game dev company I currently work at doesn't even make that much from Patreon donations and we have been active for more than two years now constantly engaging with our community and posting progress on our game (Although to be fair, we don't have a public demo yet but we are currently working on that right now). We have dedicated 3D modelers, sound/music composers, 3D animators, writers, producer, etc... We struggle with a small budget since we don't have a publisher (yet) and we don't have a public demo yet and the nature of our game (Single player horror game inspired by Dead Space) cannot allow for an EA title.

It just infuriates me to see such a lazy, irresponsible and unprofessional game dev being enabled to continue doing nothing by receiving a huge monthly check. I'm not one to have jealousy often, but damn.

EDIT: I also want to add: This guy has everything any game dev can hope for. He has verifiable work antecedents, a popular game with an active community, a game recipe that mostly works, and a big ol' fat check to sustain himself and a full team of freelancers to help him around.

been saying this for years , this adult game devs dont have pride of what they work on , they dropped in the middle, and lazy , also they milk it so much it's not even finished product.

Last edited:

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Time for my semi annual Milfy City thread check. There was a time when critics of the dev would be mocked by ardent supporters here even in the face of months of nothing from the dev. Hmm. Where are they now? It's a comforting thought, even idiots can learn if you give them enough time. Seems the mods are not even deleting the rants as "off topic" like they used to any more.

That said if there are any patrons here can one of you explain why you're still shelling out to a dev who has delivered nothing over 1 year? I'm not trolling. I want to understand. As do alot of people looking at this situation.

Last edited:

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Time for my semi annual Milfy City thread check. There was a time when critics of the dev would be mocked by ardent supporters here even in the face of months of nothing from the dev. Hmm. Where are they now? It's a comforting thought, even idiots can learn if you give them enough time. Seems the mods are not even deleting the rants as "off topic" like they used to any more.

That said if there are any patrons here can one of you explain why you're still shelling out to a dev who has delivered nothing over 1 year? I'm not trolling. I want to understand. As do alot of people looking at this situation.
most likely patrons cling on to false hope. like abused girlfriend hoping for the day their abusive boyfriend will change for the better.

Reactions: exsergal and Ayam85

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
its nice to be doing nothing and still get paid a handy sum every month

last checked 5,796 patrons. min $5796 monthly, actual sum is much more than that.
I checked a week or so ago and it was around 6100 patrons. So it looks like (hopefully) the tide has turned and more people will stop supporting this dev until he actually does some work.

Edit: although he'd have to start consistently releasing monthly updates of a decent size before I even thought about supporting him again. Can't really see that happening...

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
I have been refreshing this thread every few hours since someone posted "new update tomorrow", ICSTOR's tomorrow definition might totally be different I guess
Well he said the next update was 90% done about 4 months ago so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm guessing the update (if any) will be nothing more than a progress post to avoid getting an "abandoned" tag.

• Angry
Reactions: cjindi

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Patreon needs to add a "Welfare" tag, any game that does not provide a solid update at least every 6 months should be labeled a welfare case so people understand you are paying for nothing in many cases. I see more and more developers trying to become the next Icstor and it is ruining the industry for adult games imo.

jenzu2

Aug 28, 2018
the reason why this happened is because a lot of people donated all he did was sit on his bum just developing a slide show game ngl he does have good work but all he been doing is excuses and no development as i said before NTL MEDIA their game has so much content and it has animations and booty calls and free roam and puzzles and a bit of grind , if u hate it u can just cheat or something , and that man releases a new update every 1-2 months , sadly people see how much money they can milk from these type of games and everyone seems to do these games just for quick cash first thing they do is ask people to donate if they enjoyed the game this is just like youtube it all started about making content just for fun as a hobbie now its all about clickbaits and making money its sad this game used to be one of my favs but even if he were to post an update i wouldn't even bring my self to download it , cuz it will probably have 30 min of content lol

Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Anyone filed a report on this guy to the Patreon support already? I mean if lots of us do that Patreon could probably suspend his account. Complaining here won't change anything.

Reactions: pspdanxtx283
Nov 14, 2020
the reason why this happened is because a lot of people donated all he did was sit on his bum just developing a slide show game ngl he does have good work but all he been doing is excuses and no development as i said before NTL MEDIA their game has so much content and it has animations and booty calls and free roam and puzzles and a bit of grind , if u hate it u can just cheat or something , and that man releases a new update every 1-2 months , sadly people see how much money they can milk from these type of games and everyone seems to do these games just for quick cash first thing they do is ask people to donate if they enjoyed the game this is just like youtube it all started about making content just for fun as a hobbie now its all about clickbaits and making money its sad this game used to be one of my favs but even if he were to post an update i wouldn't even bring my self to download it , cuz it will probably have 30 min of content lol
1-2 months?

NLT releases 2 updates a month man - thats 24 updates a year.

ICSTOR has released 0 updates lol

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017

The answer is simpler than u'd think.. "stockholm syndrome"
patreons have invested so much time and money into scam projects that they refuse to face reality (being held hostage by false promises) and embrace their captivity in a cult like mentality.
They even promote and defend it against people trying to shake them out of it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Who's Judy???
I mean - it's been so long between updates, I'm going to need a character and story walkthrough to listen to just to remind me about what was actually happening BC (Before COVID). We are now DC (During COVID). Will the first update come AC (After COVID) - whenever that is?

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Who's Judy???
I mean - it's been so long between updates, I'm going to need a character and story walkthrough to listen to just to remind me about what was actually happening BC (Before COVID). We are now DC (During COVID). Will the first update come AC (After COVID) - whenever that is?
i think is the elder sister. actually im not sure. lol.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes