Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
what I'm trying to say is most devs don't build video games out of fun to explore other settings, worlds and characters, they build with intention to profit in the 1st place. Honest devs won't care much about the revenue, because they enjoyed gifting a life to characters, the theme and action in the end.
This is very true. And if somebody decides to try to do that, there is bunch of people in their Patreon or Discord telling this dev how they need to make the game and what need to be changed, and then the vision is not the devs anymore because they are so desperate for that Patreon money. Then when they don’t feel the game as their own anymore, they just abandon it and go to another one and do the same shit once again even if they probably have told themselves not to. Money is power. Kudos to those devs who don’t give a shit about money or what their patrons want from the game, since the game is always the devs vision, and do just as they want the game to be done. Unfortunately those devs are the minority in this ”business”.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
This is very true. And if somebody decides to try to do that, there is bunch of people in their Patreon or Discord telling this dev how they need to make the game and what need to be changed, and then the vision is not the devs anymore because they are so desperate for that Patreon money. Then when they don’t feel the game as their own anymore, they just abandon it and go to another one and do the same shit once again even if they probably have told themselves not to. Money is power. Kudos to those devs who don’t give a shit about money or what their patrons want from the game, since the game is always the devs vision, and do just as they want the game to be done. Unfortunately those devs are the minority in this ”business”.
Well ICStor and his kin are a singularity in the business they won't let anyone change their perception of the "idea" they had and follow through, earning plenty of money and than grow bored with this scheme inorder to rinse and repeat

Reactions: jackp0t

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Looking at all the negative comments on his website, it's a shame Patreon doesn't allow patrons to rate a content producer. Would probably prevent a lot of suckers subbing to him.
That's why they don't do it. Patreon takes a cut of the profit so the more suckers that sub to assholes on that platform that don't earn it the more profit patreon earns indirectly, it's leeches leeching off leeches. Patreon as a whole needs to either go or reform but that's not going to happen.

Jul 6, 2019
That's why they don't do it. Patreon takes a cut of the profit so the more suckers that sub to assholes on that platform that don't earn it the more profit patreon earns indirectly, it's leeches leeching off leeches. Patreon as a whole needs to either go or reform but that's not going to happen.
Definitely. Same way Twitch turns a blind eye to THOTs violating their TOS all the time. All about the $$$$.

K1994

Dec 17, 2018
well this is shit game once you get finished a woman's route - they actually disappear from the world and only go to sleep in their beds at night. I was enjoying this up till I realized that I finished mostly everybody and do caroline last to see she has most content and the rest feel like half-baked-WIP content.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
well this is shit game once you get finished a woman's route - they actually disappear from the world and only go to sleep in their beds at night. I was enjoying this up till I realized that I finished mostly everybody and do caroline last to see she has most content and the rest feel like half-baked-WIP content.
Shit game? No.
Shit developer? Yes.

The game itself is one of the best ones out there, and that's why it's a real shame that ICSTOR is a lazy ass crook.

K1994

Dec 17, 2018
Shit game? No.
Shit developer? Yes.

The game itself is one of the best ones out there
It was a lot of fun up until it the women go with nothing but night-crawling possibilities left which has no ending or conclusion.
I agree the dev is not good when they didn't even finish the women you live with - by now, I watching the game a very long time but never tried until now only to see its still not having an ending thats good or bad.
It does still has lots of content but - its just not one of the best games out there for me.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
It was a lot of fun up until it the women go with nothing but night-crawling possibilities left which has no ending or conclusion.
I agree the dev is not good when they didn't even finish the women you live with - by now, I watching the game a very long time but never tried until now only to see its still not having an ending thats good or bad.
It does still has lots of content but - its just not one of the best games out there for me.
Obviously yes since it's lacking content for worth of at least four updates. This being unfinished and still being as good as it is just proves how much potential it had before ICSTOR decided to just give up.

Reactions: K1994

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Obviously yes since it's lacking content for worth of at least four updates. This being unfinished and still being as good as it is just proves how much potential it had before ICSTOR decided to just give up.
That's a matter of personal taste clearly.
From my point of view the game started strong with an unique approach on the Incest Story based on what had always been used before... the game went strong for 3 more Updates till 0.4... afterwards the content quantity and quality made drops... the Caroline Update (0.6) was such a heavy drop in quality that I even doubted it was actually done by ICStor at the point.
Sadly I had to learn it was and this is the kind of quality we can expect for the rest of this game... and based on the preview images for his "next project" the quality keeps droping

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
That's a matter of personal taste clearly.
From my point of view the game started strong with a unique approach on the Incest Story based on what had always been used before... the game went strong for 3 more Updates till 0.4... afterwards the content quantity and quality made drops... the Caroline (0.6) Update was such a heavy drop in quality that I even doubted it was actually done by ICStor at the point.
Sadly I had to learn it was and this is the kind of quality we can expect for the rest of this game... and based on the preview images for his "next project" the quality keeps droping
And that's exactly why I mentioned the potential this had before ICSTOR just decided to not care about it anymore and finally just gave up. It had it's potential, but ICSTOR screwed it up. Unfortunate, but the show goes on and other devs and games come to replace him and his stuff.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
And that's exactly why I mentioned the potential this had before ICSTOR just decided to not care about it anymore and finally just gave up. It had it's potential, but ICSTOR screwed it up. Unfortunate, but the show goes on and other devs and games come to replace him and his stuff.
Now this just have to be explained to his sheeps/cows... Patrons I mean.
Other Devs sadly still struggle since the ammount of supporters is still limited and ICStor has far to many of those

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
anybody in here wanna bet next year will be just one update ? and he will use the lame mental health issues again , while using free money he get from an old virgin nerd ass that sub on his patreon knowing they are an idiot too

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
Now this just have to be explained to his sheeps/cows... Patrons I mean.
Other Devs sadly still struggle since the ammount of supporters is still limited and ICStor has far to many of those
It's hard since they don't want to believe that they are a) stupid enough to be scammed and b) that ICSTOR is really like that. It's a real shame for other devs that there are so many shitbags like ICSTOR.

anybody in here wanna bet next year will be just one update ? and he will use the lame mental health issues again , while using free money he get from an old virgin nerd ass that sub on his patreon knowing they are an idiot too
According to him that's the plan, release "complete version" in one release and then be done with Milfy City. Of course we know to take that announcement with a grain of salt and the realism is that he won't release anything, but if it some way would happen, after that would come the good old "oH iT wAs So HaRd FoR mE i NeEd A bReAk" shit once again.

• Sad
Reactions: Skeltom and K1994

LaloSalamanca

May 17, 2019
there will be no update :)

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Kudos to those devs who don’t give a shit about money or what their patrons want from the game, since the game is always the devs vision, and do just as they want the game to be done. Unfortunately those devs are the minority in this ”business”.
We still get shit on by people who download our stuff for free, the same as people who download something for free that a dev is trying to sell.

We just have less incentive to keep going.

3.80 star(s) 413 Votes