MilfMaster90

Sep 26, 2017
What i don't understand is why aren't the mods putting the abandoned tag on this?
There has been no update but only lies for last 12 months.
And the future looks pretty dead too.
They should've tagged this as abandoned already.
There is no reason not to put the abandoned tag on this game.
Agree, most of us come here for memes and laughs but to be fair there is no fucking excuse for 15+ months with no updates. This is obviously a scam and donors should start reporting him but there are even bigger scams like dual family and patreon doesn't do anything... so many talented devs deserve support, it's just a waste of resources to support scammers

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Agree, most of us come here for memes and laughs but to be fair there is no fucking excuse for 15+ months with no updates. This is obviously a scam and donors should start reporting him but there are even bigger scams like dual family and patreon doesn't do anything... so many talented devs deserve support, it's just a waste of resources to support scammers
I said it more than 3 times F95 have rules for onhold and abandoned tags. this game should have Abandoned tag already but's it's didn't even have Onhold tag. My game get onhold after 3 months and abandoned after year.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
I said it more than 3 times F95 have rules for onhold and abandoned tags. this game should have Abandoned tag already but's it's didn't even have Onhold tag. My game get onhold after 3 months and abandoned after year.
You already should know that the rules doesn't apply to everyone in the same way.
The same way the rules for some game review change too, in some you can rightfully trash the game in other even if it's rightfully you can't.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
That's not how it works though.

Before a thread gets an abandoned tag, they check their patreon/subscribestar.
If those have a recent post regarding the game's development, it is considered to be still in development... Even after a year.

wcdudley1980

Jan 12, 2019
I have a feeling this dude isn’t even touching the game. He might start it in the spring or early summer. Don’t get your hopes up y’all

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
The ongoing situation with this game brings up some questions about the status that I wish the site mods would consider.

First off, I downloaded this game from F95 about a year ago, and loved it enough that I became a patron. I didn't bother to read the comments in this thread right away, because I assumed they were mostly reviews/criticism or gameplay discussions. When I finally did read, that's when I found out about the dev's shoddy update record, but the most recent update was only a few months old by that point, so I stayed a patron for a little bit longer before I accepted I was being milked and dropped it. I'm positive there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other people with a similar experience.

The problem is, the status tag is supposed to inform users of what to expect, update-wise. If a game is unfinished, the on-hold tag tells them they'll probably be waiting awhile for more content, if any at all. An abandoned tag tells them once they've played through, that's it. Having neither of those tags nor a completed tag tells users that they dev is still working on it and they should expect regular updates.

The letter of the law is that if a dev gives a progress update at least every 3 months, then the site will treat it as an active project. The traffic from F95 is obviously VERY important to ICSTOR, because he makes sure to NEVER let those 3 months pass without making a claim about his "progress", so we have to assume that F95 is crucial to his income. He knows well that he'll get a steady influx of new patrons who think this game is still being developed, and that when they find out they're being milked and dump him, more will replace those.

But there's a clear situation where he's violating the spirit of the law. His progress updates, by his own admission, are bullshit. If he says "almost done with v0.7! It'll be here in a month!", then comes back 3 months later and says that, no, he hasn't really done anything for v0.7 (but I will now!), then the earlier update was a lie. If he had been honest, and gave a true progress update, then F95 would have marked it as on-hold or abandoned.

My point is, the rule needs to be fixed so that false updates are retroactively treated the way they would have been if they had been true. If the statement that kept the tag off of the game was false, then the mods should immediately apply an on-hold tag until the next update. If the dev keeps giving false updates during that time, then the abandoned tag should be applied. Otherwise, the tags don't serve the purpose of informing F95's users, they only serve the purpose of devs who may be willing to take advantage.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The ongoing situation with this game brings up some questions about the status that I wish the site mods would consider.

First off, I downloaded this game from F95 about a year ago, and loved it enough that I became a patron. I didn't bother to read the comments in this thread right away, because I assumed they were mostly reviews/criticism or gameplay discussions. When I finally did read, that's when I found out about the dev's shoddy update record, but the most recent update was only a few months old by that point, so I stayed a patron for a little bit longer before I accepted I was being milked and dropped it. I'm positive there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other people with a similar experience.

The problem is, the status tag is supposed to inform users of what to expect, update-wise. If a game is unfinished, the on-hold tag tells them they'll probably be waiting awhile for more content, if any at all. An abandoned tag tells them once they've played through, that's it. Having neither of those tags nor a completed tag tells users that they dev is still working on it and they should expect regular updates.

The letter of the law is that if a dev gives a progress update at least every 3 months, then the site will treat it as an active project. The traffic from F95 is obviously VERY important to ICSTOR, because he makes sure to NEVER let those 3 months pass without making a claim about his "progress", so we have to assume that F95 is crucial to his income. He knows well that he'll get a steady influx of new patrons who think this game is still being developed, and that when they find out they're being milked and dump him, more will replace those.

But there's a clear situation where he's violating the spirit of the law. His progress updates, by his own admission, are bullshit. If he says "almost done with v0.7! It'll be here in a month!", then comes back 3 months later and says that, no, he hasn't really done anything for v0.7 (but I will now!), then the earlier update was a lie. If he had been honest, and gave a true progress update, then F95 would have marked it as on-hold or abandoned.

My point is, the rule needs to be fixed so that false updates are retroactively treated the way they would have been if they had been true. If the statement that kept the tag off of the game was false, then the mods should immediately apply an on-hold tag until the next update. If the dev keeps giving false updates during that time, then the abandoned tag should be applied. Otherwise, the tags don't serve the purpose of informing F95's users, they only serve the purpose of devs who may be willing to take advantage.
Problem is that every game has their timing... Take Deluca Family for instance, it has been seven months since the last update, but the dev is nothing like ICSTOR, he actively works on his game and he is an amazing example of a developer.

Your idea would require for the staff to apply rules individually, and that would surely cause a lot of drama.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I thought about that too, but the thing is, they're already applying the rules individually. Obviously someone is checking the threads to see whether there's been any word from the dev. This is just a matter of looking back at the prior progress statements to see whether they were false. If a dev isn't giving out false progress reports, which is what ICSTOR has done repeatedly, then the update schedule doesn't matter.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I thought about that too, but the thing is, they're already applying the rules individually. Obviously someone is checking the threads to see whether there's been any word from the dev. This is just a matter of looking back at the prior progress statements to see whether they were false. If a dev isn't giving out false progress reports, which is what ICSTOR has done repeatedly, then the update schedule doesn't matter.
Problem is that if you want fair rules that apply to everybody, you need them to be clear and with a hard limit.

There is no doubt that this game thread is checked often, but staff cannot simply say "Meh, this seems abandoned, let's set it so.", otherwise they could apply the same feelings for other game threads as well... Some would get marked abandoned sooner and some later, and that would create drama.

Saying "Abandoned is when the developer does not communicate anything for three months in a row" is a reasonable amount of time and pretty clear to understand.
It is abusable, sure, but people should also think and inform themselves before throwing money at a project.

I guess you could add an additional rule saying "Abandoned is ALSO when a project has not been updated for a year." as I doubt there are devs that do yearly releases...

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes