jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Problem is that every game has their timing... Take Deluca Family for instance, it has been seven months since the last update, but the dev is nothing like ICSTOR, he actively works on his game and he is an amazing example of a developer.

Your idea would require for the staff to apply rules individually, and that would surely cause a lot of drama.
there should be a clearer indication of when the game was last updated then
for example this thread has the release date and last update as the exact same date
the release date should be the original posting date and the last update should be when the last version was posted to the site

Reactions: uhhhok

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
This game should be consider abandoned by the f95zone team. By not doing so, they mislead people into giving money to a dead project.
It's not tagged as abandoned because it doesn't fit the requirements to.
It's not F95 misleading people, it's ICSTOR itself who keeps giving hopes and, more important, it's people fault in buying his lies.
It's a sort of "I want to believe", and with such kind of people there's nothing you can do, given their approach has nothing to do with anything rational and is based on faith.

Too easy to give faults where faults are not, in this case F95.

Reactions: Thermophob

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah I got banned because a guy asked about pirate sites and I said you can't talk about them or you would get banned. He DM'd me asking about them and I mentioned this place, checked Discord again in a bit and I was banned. Not sure if he was undercover or what but something is up.

Thadak1sm

Aug 7, 2019
Sorry if I may sound ignorant. What is keeping someone who likes the game from making their own modded version ala Witch Trainer Silver?
This game obviously has a lot of fans as well its clear that an update will probably never really come and if it did the time between that update and the next would probably be massive as well.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
there should be a clearer indication of when the game was last updated then
for example this thread has the release date and last update as the exact same date
the release date should be the original posting date and the last update should be when the last version was posted to the site
The "original posting date" is always at the top of the OP for any thread on F95, like so:

1611730869908.png

The Release Date always refers to the day that the latest version of the game was created/released by the developer.

The Thread Updated date always refers to the day that the OP was edited by F95 moderators/uploaders with the most recent links to the game.

A quick glance at the OP shows that the thread for this game was originally created on Jan 11, 2018, the latest version of the game (v.06e) was released by ICSTOR on 2019-12-02, and the thread was updated on that same day with new links to the game in the OP.

Hope that helps give a clearer indication of when this game (and any game on F95) was last updated! ;)

Apr 24, 2020
C’mon you fan art guys, just team up and finish this project for us.
Riiight... and who will get the credit for it? They would be better of just making something original.

It's not tagged as abandoned because it doesn't fit the requirements to.
It's not F95 misleading people, it's ICSTOR itself who keeps giving hopes and, more important, it's people fault in buying his lies.
There's the rules and the spirit of the rules.

If all it takes for a game to prevent being tagged is for the developers to say "I have something in the works" a few times each year then don't be surprised if that becomes the norm.

I would agree that "abandoned" might be a bit too harsh, but something like "on hold" definitely seems suited. The game has had multiple delays and the creator has even started working on a different project.

I don't look at this thread often, because it's just banter, but are there even previews of the renders for 0.7? We have seen renders from the new project, for whatever those were worth, but I don't recall any from 0.7.

So don't blame new players for not knowing about the game being in indefinite hiatus when the people who knows about the games development refuse to inform them.

Personally I would amend the rules with a limit on how many delays the developer can give, as well as a limitation on starting new projects. It's quite astonishing that the game has not only had multiple delays, but also has a new project in the works, but the game is still not tagged because the developer pinky promised that he is still working on it.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes