BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Problem is that if you want fair rules that apply to everybody, you need them to be clear and with a hard limit.

There is no doubt that this game thread is checked often, but staff cannot simply say "Meh, this seems abandoned, let's set it so.", otherwise they could apply the same feelings for other game threads as well... Some would get marked abandoned sooner and some later, and that would create drama.

Saying "Abandoned is when the developer does not communicate anything for three months in a row" is a reasonable amount of time and pretty clear to understand.
It is abusable, sure, but people should also think and inform themselves before throwing money at a project.

I guess you could add an additional rule saying "Abandoned is ALSO when a project has not been updated for a year." as I doubt there are devs that do yearly releases...
But the issue isn't "meh, this seems abandoned." The clear rule is that you apply the standard to past progress updates.

For example: ICSTOR checks the calendar, and sees it's time for another tri-monthly "progress report". He hasn't opened the project files in months, but he still hops on patreon to say "working hard, it'll be out next month!" then goes back to doing nothing. Then the 3 month mark pops up again, and he posts "yeah, I've actually been working on this other game and haven't touched MC in about 6 months. But it'll be ready by the end of the year!"

By the site standards, that bullshit earlier update shouldn't have kept the tag off the game, because we now know that it was actually on-hold at that time. The same goes for hearing from people he hires to work on the game confirming that he's not actually working on it. None of this applies to most developers here. If it does, that's on them for lying in their progress updates.

Larzeranna

Jul 5, 2020
I am one of those people who are still supporting developer, many people will ask me why are you still supporting developer? The reason for this is that this is my first adult game which I played first
If this isn't a joke, then I implore you to look into other products. You're throwing your money away, quite literally. There is no promise or guarantee of this product being updated. Use that money to treat yourself once a month. Get some delicious food, maybe a good movie or netflix series. It's a far better use of your hard-earned money.

All our bitching has this as a trending game. We should boycott it until something happens... like marked abandoned... like an actual update... oh what the fuck am I thinking... I meant someone else makes a mod to finish it!
Otherwise we continue to trend this by bitching.
That isn't how it works. People who read this thread or have even glanced at it in the last couple of years are well aware of how untrustworthry ICSTOR is. People giving him money are more likely than not completely unreachable by logic at this point.

Reactions: Kermit79 and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If this isn't a joke, then I implore you to look into other products. You're throwing your money away, quite literally. There is no promise or guarantee of this product being updated. Use that money to treat yourself once a month. Get some delicious food, maybe a good movie or netflix series. It's a far better use of your hard-earned money.

That isn't how it works. People who read this thread or have even glanced at it in the last couple of years are well aware of how untrustworthry ICSTOR is. People giving him money are more likely than not completely unreachable by logic at this point.
Must have huge Oceanic and Asian following. Unreal.

NotSlonique

Sep 10, 2020
That's not how it works though.

Before a thread gets an abandoned tag, they check their patreon/subscribestar.
If those have a recent post regarding the game's development, it is considered to be still in development... Even after a year.
Thats just simply not true though, Dual Family by gumdrop games has the abandoned tag even though the dev keeps updating on Patreon because everyone knows it is a scam. Simple double standard.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aristos
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes