ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
According to the update pictures available on the forum, the last one is from June 6th, so although Icstor is silent as usual, it seems that the game is not that abandoned.
Not that abandoned? Well, yeah, now he'll do minimum work for a month or two (tops). Maybe 0.6f and g lol
And afterwards, the abandoned tag will be removed and he'll be back to milkin'

Torakiki

Jul 6, 2019
Slap the dreaded ABANDONED tag on it and all of a sudden a "v1.0 in 2021" announcement comes out!?! LOL! WHEN in 2021 FFS?

Here is some pretty simple math based off 7502 Patreons.

If only 5% of 7502 are Level 2 patreons, that's $5625 per/mo.
If only 10% of 7502 are Level 1 patreons, that's $7502 per/mo.
If the remaining are 85% of 7502 are Level 0 patreons, that's $6376 per/mo.

Conclusion. That's a fuck ton of annual money for a Renpy game!

Those % numbers can shift depending on level participation percentages, dropouts etc., but they give dev's community some idea of how a pretty disinterested, inactive dev can fleece some pretty gullible or disinterested patreons. I'm not here to judge, but if I knew my $ were going towards a near quarter-of-a-million a year money grab, I' think I'd want more production and a lot less excuses.
Are you surprised? He thinks that in the most important things people walk around with a panty on their face without informing themselves. So this is just collateral damage....

zizo10z

Feb 23, 2021
I just can't understand how this person is thinking
After all that time and promises now come and he says he will release small updates until he reaches the end of the game
Then why didn't he do it so long ago if he was planning on it
Then he says that he is working on the new game, any new game, and you are not finished with the old one
I regret and apologize to say that it is a disgrace to game designers of this nature

Then he is sad when he reads negative responses or some insults
He did it himself so he has to accept criticism as he accepts praise when he was issuing constant updates to the game

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Finally, it only took 2 years to put abandoned tag on this money milker
I take it you just saw the abandoned tag and didn't look more into it. Since gaining the abandon tag, he has gained over 1,500+ patrons. He's making more money now, then before it was abandoned.

Mostly because he promised an update next month on the 14 after it became abandoned.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Surprised it didnt get slapped with a "on-hold" tag, but knowing ICSTOR hell blow his money on booze and cigars then will attempt to make a poor attempt at returning and will upload 0.6D with *minor bug changes* and the abandoned tag will be gone

p00nhandler44

Dec 17, 2018
I just can't understand how this person is thinking
After all that time and promises now come and he says he will release small updates until he reaches the end of the game
Then why didn't he do it so long ago if he was planning on it
Then he says that he is working on the new game, any new game, and you are not finished with the old one
I regret and apologize to say that it is a disgrace to game designers of this nature

Then he is sad when he reads negative responses or some insults
He did it himself so he has to accept criticism as he accepts praise when he was issuing constant updates to the game
He painted himself as the victim of some vicious attack, and his loyal dogs all come to his aid. That my friend, is called gaslighting

Reactions: John Pabone
3.70 star(s) 412 Votes