MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
To be honest, I suspect that ICSTOR is just like many other Patreon creators. Started off with a small project, gathered a following, then moved it into a month sub system (Patreon) and started promising big things. Realized that he could not deliver because he didn't have the requisite skillset to actually make what he said, then started looking online for people WITH the knowledge/tools to do what he said. Meanwhile, other things in life start happening. I don't know his age, but it can be anything from school/university to perhaps his "real" job.

But hey, that's just what I suspect.
I always love when people suggest he might be distracted by other things like school or a regular job, as though this is somehow a hobby project. He has 5500 patrons donating every month. At an average of $2 a month per patron (and it's likely a lot more than that since you need to be donating $10 a month to download the game) that's $11,000 a month and $132,000 a year in raw income, which would put him in the top 10% of incomes in the US and the top 1% of incomes worldwide. If we assume a more reasonable $5 a month, that'd be $330,000 a year. Unless he's a Silicon Valley software developer, an investment banker, or a brain surgeon this is his full time job.

The fact that he treats his patrons like dirt and uses mental health issues to shield himself from responsibility speaks to his incompetence and his ego, not to some small-time schmuck who got in over his head. If he really needed to step back and focus on something more important he'd have shut down the Patreon years ago.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I always love when people suggest he might be distracted by other things like school or a regular job, as though this is somehow a hobby project. He has 5500 patrons donating every month. At an average of $2 a month per patron (and it's likely a lot more than that since you need to be donating $10 a month to download the game) that's $11,000 a month and $132,000 a year in raw income, which would put him in the top 10% of incomes in the US and the top 1% of incomes worldwide. If we assume a more reasonable $5 a month, that'd be $330,000 a year. Unless he's a Silicon Valley software developer, an investment banker, or a brain surgeon this is his full time job.

The fact that he treats his patrons like dirt and uses mental health issues to shield himself from responsibility speaks to his incompetence and his ego, not to some small-time schmuck who got in over his head. If he really needed to step back and focus on something more important he'd have shut down the Patreon years ago.
The last time he had his earnings open to the public the dude was making $11k a month and he only had 1.4k patrons. He has over 5k patrons now. With that kind of money there is no excuse for him to not release an update. Even if he doesn't want to work on it himself anymore he could easily hire someone to finish the game and it would still be profitable for him.

Reactions: Jarul

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It's been so long I don't even remember. Is this game still "abandoned"? What is the current status to be honest? Good Morning.
Still? It always was. Tag was removed for no reason. Even this game had the tag added when the dev actually wrote there. Not that I disagree with the tag there, but this is clearly double-standard just due this game popularity.

I have no idea why people even believe this game will be recovered. I just come here from time to time to see the memes.

unholyrampancy

Apr 9, 2018

I think that I didn't make my view clear here.

I am not making an excuse for his lack of transparency or progress. What I'm saying is that he was never a fully professional game creator. My suspicion is that he "learned on his way", but eventually realized that what he openly proposed was not feasible by himself.

I should also state that I hate Patreon and sub systems like that. We all look at the number of Patreon supporters and equate that number to his "professionalism" and how producing these games is his actual job. But that is simply false association. His number of Patreon supporters only have to do with the number of H-games he has released thus far and how many people liked them enough to "support his future projects". For all we know, ICSTOR is some guy who actually does graphics for an ads company during the day and spends some time at night and weekends working on his H-game. We have no idea what his real job is and Patreon (as a company) has no reason to shut him down since they're getting a portion of the money his subs are giving to him. Does Patreon send an auditor to his house to watch him work on his Patreon project? Of course not, Patreon is just a donation platform that happens to take a portion of the donations. They are a third party that makes a nice website, help collect money and write up tax statements and that's all.

This is why I suspect that producing these games isn't ICSTOR's real job.

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
Out of curiosity, how much of a cut does Patreon take? I'm assuming we aren't talking 50% or something ludicrous and it doesn't make much difference in this situation even if it was, but just curious more so for smaller developers

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I think that I didn't make my view clear here.

I am not making an excuse for his lack of transparency or progress. What I'm saying is that he was never a fully professional game creator. My suspicion is that he "learned on his way", but eventually realized that what he openly proposed was not feasible by himself.

I should also state that I hate Patreon and sub systems like that. We all look at the number of Patreon supporters and equate that number to his "professionalism" and how producing these games is his actual job. But that is simply false association. His number of Patreon supporters only have to do with the number of H-games he has released thus far and how many people liked them enough to "support his future projects". For all we know, ICSTOR is some guy who actually does graphics for an ads company during the day and spends some time at night and weekends working on his H-game. We have no idea what his real job is and Patreon (as a company) has no reason to shut him down since they're getting a portion of the money his subs are giving to him. Does Patreon send an auditor to his house to watch him work on his Patreon project? Of course not, Patreon is just a donation platform that happens to take a portion of the donations. They are a third party that makes a nice website, help collect money and write up tax statements and that's all.

This is why I suspect that producing these games isn't ICSTOR's real job.
These aren't YouTube subs, every Patreon supporter is paying him a minimum of $1 a month. 5500 of those adds up very quickly. Nobody is trudging to a job every day or putting up with bosses and deadlines when they've got a side-hustle making them $150-300k a year that lets them work whenever they feel like it. Patreon takes about between platform fees and payment processing fees, but the rest goes straight to him. Being a "professional" means that you do it for a living; it has no reflection of how good you actually are at it.

And ICSTOR himself has stated that this is a full-time job. Straight off his page:
1642287137880.png
He's fulfilled two goals past that, both of which involved hiring additional team members that he's referenced in Patreon posts over the past couple of years. Hell, we've had one of them comment in this very thread about being contracted for doing Judy renders! ICSTOR isn't someone's employee, he's his own boss. I do agree with you that he's effectively a talented amateur who unexpectedly got big and probably ran out of ideas, but he certainly hasn't retreated back to a prior career. He's just....coasting until the money runs out and the ride ends.

Last edited:

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
The last time he had his earnings open to the public the dude was making $11k a month and he only had 1.4k patrons. He has over 5k patrons now. With that kind of money there is no excuse for him to not release an update. Even if he doesn't want to work on it himself anymore he could easily hire someone to finish the game and it would still be profitable for him.
Just wondering one question,If the game doesnt/wont get any new content or update,why he still has 5.5k patrons? Does he working on a new game i havent heard about?

Reactions: Sk8587

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Just wondering one question,If the game doesnt/wont get any new content or update,why he still has 5.5k patrons? Does he working on a new game i havent heard about?
Most of the patrons probably donate $1, so individually, they're probably thinking "it's a dollar a month, who cares?".

achiachiachi

Jan 16, 2022
View attachment 91409

Overview:
A young student finds himself in the school therapist office, after a humiliating moment with another teacher at school. While plotting his revenge, he'll romance other characters at the school and at home.​

Thread Updated: 2021-07-15
Release Date: 2021-07-15
Developer: ICSTOR - - -
Holiday Stories:
Censored: No
Version: 0.71b
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Character Name Change:

Please read this before posting in the thread.

DOWNLOAD

Win/Linux: MEGA - - - - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac: - MEGA - -
Others: COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Uncensor Patch: -
Extras: WALKTHROUGH v0.6b - FAN SIGNATURES - SECRET CARDS - LAIN'S MOD - Rename Mod - PREVIEW PICS - Walkthrough 2
Translations: ITALIAN - GERMAN

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 57353 View attachment 57354 View attachment 57355 View attachment 57356 View attachment 57357 View attachment 57358
View attachment 57359 View attachment 57360 View attachment 57361 View attachment 57362 View attachment 57363 View attachment 57364
this is a nice one

Only1P

Sep 10, 2021
Guys you know that you can remove the like on OP thread, cmon go and remove it this game being the 2nd most liked game and sitting in a chair next to games like BaDIK SS and TON is a joke. remove your like and drop this game into the depths of the unworthy titles I believe in you to take action (y)(y)

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
Guys you know that you can remove the like on OP thread, cmon go and remove it this game being the 2nd most liked game and sitting in a chair next to games like BaDIK SS and TON is a joke. remove your like and drop this game into the depths of the unworthy titles I believe in you to take action (y)(y)
Ok i'll give him my like just because yours SJW comment :cool:

foible

Aug 29, 2017
I don't see what difference that would make when it comes to the game's completion. :p
On account of the fact that it doesn’t matter if you’re immortal seeing as he’s gonna grow old and die before he finishes the game.

Given immortality, there’s a ghost of a chance that he actually would finish it.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
I thought the DEV abandoned this but turns out ICSTOR is still working on it, which i am super glad to see!
What are the odds all the accounts posting positivity are actually Icstor hyping himself? Or at least shills serving his bidding? I’d sure as shit put money on it.

Reactions: Crazymic79
3.70 star(s) 416 Votes