John Dane

May 21, 2018
Unfortunately, for some, it's becoming the norm that they don't finish something. Either the announced courses of actors suddenly sink into the swamp of oblivion or they just don't end. And don't forget that they get real money from Patreons! Money you would never get from a distributor! Because if you want to have the next update promptly, you have to pay 5-30 euros; in some even more; lie down! For a game you can get on Steam for 20 to 40€, very often even cheaper. O.K., now there are no longer such games on Steam in Germany anyway, since they comply with the protection of minors in anticipation. Something would change if you only paid based on performance....if nothing comes up, there is no money either.

Sorry for thr bad english, english is not my motherlangue and so I have translate with google....sorry.

Have a nice day
Helmut
Funny thing I think he gets money from subscribestar aswell and new update gonna be on that platform. I checked his subscribestar to see if the article is true and it turns out he put update announcing milfy mafia but not on patreon which sucks for people who still pay him on patreon lol. poor bastards. on Patreon he has been silent about it when I checked.

John Dane

May 21, 2018
I don't think this is the case. Like anything, just vote with your wallet. If nobody paid him then there is no issue here.

Just support active devs and this behavior disappears.
sadly that also means people lost money. he gave false hope so people stayed paying him only to find out they got fuked now. lost money will never comeback. in the end they got scammed in a sense. vote with wallet only works after u know who is the dev and history of the dev otherwise its a risky investment in my opinion.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
sadly that also means people lost money. he gave false hope so people stayed paying him only to find out they got fuked now. lost money will never comeback. in the end they got scammed in a sense. vote with wallet only works after u know who is the dev and history of the dev otherwise its a risky investment in my opinion.
for sure, fool me once shame on you, but delay a game 2 years, shame on anyone still paying

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Gotta wonder what happened to the Dev here... Got a little taste of money and ran off spending it on cocaine and hookers? eh... i don't blame him. But he could've made a fortune. Game is potential beyond potential.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
I don't think this is the case. Like anything, just vote with your wallet. If nobody paid him then there is no issue here.

Just support active devs and this behavior disappears.
Let me ask you this question. Who is the real customers of Patreon and sites like it? The Devs or those that support the Devs?

It is of course the Supporters cause they are supporting not only the Devs but Patreon as well. So the rules should be there to protect them. But right now the rules protect the Devs.

Now the rules are fine for say Rock bands. They can't be recording a new LP each month. I get that. And I even get that some devs need longer to get their game out and they are honest about that. But we are talking about ICSTOR and those that seem to be following in his foot steps and that number seems to be growing and growing. Everyone knows ICSTOR is full of BS to include Patreon. Yet they still funneled money to him (im not sure what on hold does as far as the money goes. I hope that froze it for now). So for at least 5 months he received close to $25,000 for what? For lying. I don't care how you look at it that is wrong. It is wrong of ICSTOR and it is WRONG of PATREON.

Reactions: Toushiro

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
ICSTOR delays Milfy City indefinitely to work on different project

February 6, 2022
Since I have started playing Milfy City ICSTOR has named about 4 different games he was going to work on instead. Funny I don't recall any of them ever getting released.

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Let me ask you this question. Who is the real customers of Patreon and sites like it? The Devs or those that support the Devs?

It is of course the Supporters cause they are supporting not only the Devs but Patreon as well. So the rules should be there to protect them. But right now the rules protect the Devs.

Now the rules are fine for say Rock bands. They can't be recording a new LP each month. I get that. And I even get that some devs need longer to get their game out and they are honest about that. But we are talking about ICSTOR and those that seem to be following in his foot steps and that number seems to be growing and growing. Everyone knows ICSTOR is full of BS to include Patreon. Yet they still funneled money to him (im not sure what on hold does as far as the money goes. I hope that froze it for now). So for at least 5 months he received close to $25,000 for what? For lying. I don't care how you look at it that is wrong. It is wrong of ICSTOR and it is WRONG of PATREON.
So just don’t pay him?

Reactions: lawyang11111111

fz

Jun 16, 2017
They are just applying the rules, the abandoned tag is for when a dev doesn't show any sign of life for 3 months. As long as Icstor keeps making his "status updates" on patreon they will not add that tag.
That's just stupid, because this thread is not about a developer, but about a specific game. If said game has not been updated it should be tagged as such. Who cares if the developer posts wallpapers, they are not a game update.

ReiCaixa

Apr 28, 2020
I think you are missing the point. after 16 months the dev has gotten paid for a WHOLE YEAR and only given out 4 updates. Then you end up with other devs seeing that and saying. Well if he can do it I can do it as well. This discussion wasn't about this one dev you are talking about but how a majority of the devs have been acting due to copying devs like ICSTOR. They are using the loop holes to get paid for months while not doing anything. That is why the rules need to be changed and stricter for the devs. Right now the Pendulum is in favor of the devs and needs to swing back to be in favor of the true customers of Pentreon. After a while it can slide closer to the middle and all can be happy.
I get your point, but I believe if the dev want to get "paid for a WHOLE YEAR and only give out 4 updates" he can, with the SIMPLE CONDITION that he tells his patrons that he will have 4 updates a year.

If he STATES THAT he will do that, and the fan still WANTS TO support him every single month, it's fine, but if the fan wants to support on months with a release, he also can.

It's that simple.

PadroPedro

Dec 18, 2017
The only good thing to come out of that announcement was that his next game will come out on Subscribestar, so there won't be any Patreon kink policing the game this time around and no need for patches and whatnot to experience the game as it is meant to be.

sasisa

Feb 4, 2021
Funny thing I think he gets money from subscribestar aswell and new update gonna be on that platform. I checked his subscribestar to see if the article is true and it turns out he put update announcing milfy mafia but not on patreon which sucks for people who still pay him on patreon lol. poor bastards. on Patreon he has been silent about it when I checked.

Trust me on this, he will only provide milfy mafia on SS only, then on Patreon he gonna tell em to subscribe SS as well if they want Milfy Mafia. So those gullible dungs will fund him both platform.

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
Nevertherless he has been keeping on gaining new patrons succsesfully. As it states on today the common number of donaters exeeds 5020 persons. So , the impact of "on hold" tag is a very few.

C00m3rZ00m3r

Oct 12, 2020
I've been out of the loop with the game, last I heard ICSTOR took all the patreon money and dipped. What's happening now? I just read the lewdpixels article but I'm still completely baffed.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

Raxac

Jul 26, 2017
Fuc* did he finally realize that he can put Milf City on a ON HOLD, so he don't need to fear that this game will be marked as abandonment again? That's some actual progress here.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Nevertherless he has been keeping on gaining new patrons succsesfully. As it states on today the common number of donaters exeeds 5020 persons. So , the impact of "on hold" tag is a very few.
That's so fucking insane. Gaining patreons AND racking up subscribestar supporters, something he didn't really have previously. So if anything, he is doing even better now than he was before this game went on hold. :WaitWhat:

This entire situation with the patreon content review just gave him a legit excuse to 1) not work on Milfy City, 2) look like a martyr to his fans, and 3) crank up his Subscribestar for a new game that he isn't going to do shit with beyond some drip feeding. I don't know if this dude is the luckiest man on earth or the smartest, but clearly the universe approves of his methods. He can't lose.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes