Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
View attachment 1696104
Can you provide any evidence that he's still working on the game ?
Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I get that you are distraught over the game is ''delayed indefinitely'', but you are grown up enough to know that me saying I am absolutely going to punch ypu in the face at some point is not the same as you walking around with a broken nose.

The dev was one of the pioneers of this form and quality of game. They are likely burned out on it, or want to try to explore new stories so they can come back to this one in due time. As a writer, I can understand that. For me, what is inexcusable is leaving a story unfinished. What's happening here is akin to Alexander Dumas stopping his daily updating of The Three Musketeers saga when it was getting good, or Lucas stopping Star Wars after Empire Strikes Back to learn how to paint or whatever. If you didn't have enough gas in the tank to finish it, you should not have started it. Halting the game when your're at 90-percent completion is an inexcusable failure.

I find Inceton's blaming of Patreon insufficient and cowardly; there are other avenues of compensation that he could turn to; its just simply that he's likely painted himself into a corner, plot-wise and doesn't know how to get the story to go in an interesting way. In that case, he should have provided a bit of an end to things; have him choose one of the women and sort it out.

But he didn't. And now, he wants us all to be super-excited about another game. Or Project X. Or whatever.

I think I am going to need a fuckton of assurances that whatever game he's tooling with now is going to be taken to completion. Because I invested in his product, and have him shrug off it with cheap, Swiss cheese excuses doesn't inspire confidence.

• Haha
Reactions: sasisa and Echbert

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
dev did not come out yet ?
Now this was just a rumor. So take it with a grain of salt. But it has been said that the Dev was a female and that she passed away and the one that has been posting as ICSTOR and raking in all the money was her boyfriend. Now that said. With how that last update ( which really didn't fit in the flow the game had been taking at all) and all the delays and lies. I myself are starting to wonder if that rumor wasn't actually a fact.

Jan 23, 2022
Now this was just a rumor. So take it with a grain of salt. But it has been said that the Dev was a female and that she passed away and the one that has been posting as ICSTOR and raking in all the money was her boyfriend. Now that said. With how that last update ( which really didn't fit in the flow the game had been taking at all) and all the delays and lies. I myself are starting to wonder if that rumor wasn't actually a fact.
Wow I never heard that before. If that is indeed true, it explains so much. We'll never know the truth either way though. But Wow.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Wow I never heard that before. If that is indeed true, it explains so much. We'll never know the truth either way though. But Wow.
Someone said it on this board a while back. So i don't really know if it is true but it sure would explain that last update (since the Sara update just didn't feel like ICSTOR) and what has been going on.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I find Inceton's blaming of Patreon insufficient and cowardly
I find it interesting you reference Dumas, yet you don't seem to know what Dev you are talking about in this forum.

Also, you start your post with "Absence of proof is not proof of absence". There is a difference between abandoning a game and being absent as a developer, you are correct. Along the lines of 'absence', realize that Shitstor has not made a single update announcement himself since:
Home website: August, 2020;
SubscribeStar: Never, technically, because the only 'update' was the creation post, since which the page has been locked;
Patreon: November, 2021
Discord: Who knows, because Ashbash has been talking for him, for months.

Lastly, your final statement about needing assurances he will finish the new game is confusing in the context of your argument. The main sentiment on this forum basically boils down to: He has abandoned the game. You ask what proof exists for this sentiment, and the forum has responded that his lack of communication, and history of NOT finishing 'complete' stories in his past several games (Project X, aka Milfy Kingdom, never even saw a release) is such proof. Yet you seek a formal announcement of abandonment from the developer, despite this history.

If you put your hand on a stove that is turned on, you get burned. Forgive the members of this forum for not wanting to put our hands back on the burner, even without someone telling us not to do so.

Giant Dwarf

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
naaaaah a girl will never make a good game as milfy city

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Honestly it sounds very creepypasta, the only thing missing is the end saying "but the user giant dick 0123 found the 0.8 version of Milf City...".

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert
Jan 23, 2022
Well, it's been a clusterfuck story for two years now. At this point, anything is possible in the ICSTOR saga. Whatever rumors or truths or even conspiracy theories is going to add to that clusterfuck story and make it weirder.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes