curiousmiqote

Feb 10, 2023
Fuck, every game on this website is WIP. I get it, it's free but still I am somewhat annoyed
I would say half of all VN creators work on a game just long enough that people enjoy it, they start a Patreon and SubscribeStar, and then abandon the game when they start raking in money. ICSTOR has 4,456 Patrons and his plans are $1, $5, $15, $25, and $1,000 (which is "Sold Out" btw) a month. This guy is probably raking in $7500+ a month and he's been posting "Final Edition previews" since October 2022. He's raking in several grand just by taking a few pictures every month and saying "Oh yeah my game will DEFINITELY come out soon. Just be patient." Meanwhile, his last actual game update was in July 2021, nearly two years ago.

I get that life gets in the way, but game creators shouldn't be collecting cash from fans when they give up on a game because of personal issues. There's no integrity. So many of these creators are scammers.

I've given money to a few games, just because I enjoyed them that much. Stuff like this makes me hesitate to want to support them.

Retired123

Jun 3, 2020
I would say half of all VN creators work on a game just long enough that people enjoy it, they start a Patreon and SubscribeStar, and then abandon the game when they start raking in money. ICSTOR has 4,456 Patrons and his plans are $1, $5, $15, $25, and $1,000 (which is "Sold Out" btw) a month. This guy is probably raking in $7500+ a month and he's been posting "Final Edition previews" since October 2022. He's raking in several grand just by taking a few pictures every month and saying "Oh yeah my game will DEFINITELY come out soon. Just be patient." Meanwhile, his last actual game update was in July 2021, nearly two years ago.

I get that life gets in the way, but game creators shouldn't be collecting cash from fans when they give up on a game because of personal issues. There's no integrity. So many of these creators are scammers.

I've given money to a few games, just because I enjoyed them that much. Stuff like this makes me hesitate to want to support them.
Patreon and other platforms are arranged in this way, in this problem. If game creators received 10% of the monthly amount, and 90% took the patreon for themselves and gave it to the creator when the game was completed (or returned at least 50% of the investment back to subscribers), then game creators would have an incentive to finish games, and not milk subscribers.

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
Patreon and other platforms are arranged in this way, in this problem. If game creators received 10% of the monthly amount, and 90% took the patreon for themselves and gave it to the creator when the game was completed (or returned at least 50% of the investment back to subscribers), then game creators would have an incentive to finish games, and not milk subscribers.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Retired123

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Fuck, every game on this website is WIP. I get it, it's free but still I am somewhat annoyed
There are plenty of completed VNs on this site.

Just use the search function and add the completed tag.

One of my favorite completed VNs is: Now and Then (it got a Directors cut adding content and additional LIs to the pathing and end - a nice bonus for supporters.)

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
What do you mean? :rolleyes:
Patreon is able to ammend terms of sponsorhips by implemnting securities terms like ones mentioned above. From the contractual point ov view there is some deed of adherence between developers and sponsors. Each developer has to offer unamended terms which are subject for approval or denial by patrons. All we differ people like Faerin who aims to complete his project and ICSTOR who milk donaters only. The key pont is stimulating producing instead of getting paid for promises.

Reactions: Retired123

JohnDoe8492

Dec 16, 2020
There are plenty of completed VNs on this site.

Just use the search function and add the completed tag.

One of my favorite completed VNs is: Now and Then (it got a Directors cut adding content and additional LIs to the pathing and end - a nice bonus for supporters.)
Sounds nice. What's it called?

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes