bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
To be honest, knowing Icstor the game might very well be finished on the programming part too and he just doesnt release it because then he would have to start "working" on another one

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Being as you put it earlier, "unhealthily obsessed with those games" can be a form of a parasocial relationship. If you want to see a strong example of that behavior just go look at the discord's fan art.
View attachment 2776048
Call me crazy but this person is a fan of one fictional character in particular, it's almost as if it's a one-sided relationship.

Edit: Only point I wanted to get across is everyone is engaging in parasocial behavior, some to lesser, others to stronger extents. But calling other people parasocial as a shut-down of criticism is kind of moot when everyone is guilty of it on some level. It's like watching fans of 2 different fan groups argue over some interpersonal drama between the streamers they watch with both sides hurling the same tired, "he/she won't fuck you" at each other, when both sides are guilty of the same "crime" of watching a streamer.
TL DR
But simping for Sara is totally normal :D

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
If they're in a relationship with a fictional character that's beyond parasocial since the social is the dialectic between self and other. The Waifu is not an Other because She does not signify anything outside Herself. She is God.

By shifting to a virtual world, we go beyond alienation, into a state of radical deprivation of the Other, or indeed of any otherness, alterity, or negativity. We move into a world where everything that exists only as idea, dream, fantasy, utopia will be eradicated, because it will immediately be realized, operationalized. Nothing will survive as an idea or a concept. You will not even have time enough to imagine. Events, real events, will not even have time to take place. Everything will be preceded by its virtual realization. We are dealing with an attempt to construct an entirely positive world, a perfect world, expurgated of every illusion, of every sort of evil and negativity, exempt from death itself. - Baudrillard
This is like the dream outcome of a forum argument right here. A series of shitposts whining about other shitposts has begat philosophical musings about the idealization of virtual reality and its seductive yet hollow perfection. Bravo.

I still want my goddamn waifu on my goddamn holodeck, though.

flaweddd

Mar 25, 2018
the mental gymnastics of lumping everybody you're upset with together in a big pile so you can scream and shout about it instead of directing your energy into...literally anything else. mostly the idea that people think onyx is icstor, or at least equally to blame, when he explicitly told people not to give ics a fucking dime until the game actually released. he shouldn't have given the release date in the spring, i back that sentiment. i also maintain that the only reason people are ACTUALLY mad at onyx is bc they know he used to come to this goofy forum, and ics doesn't, so one of them is WAY more likely to see all the negative bullshit and name-calling. i just got better shit to do with my time, cousin
Let us settle this when the game releases, if i'm still alive at that point.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
the mental gymnastics of lumping everybody you're upset with together in a big pile so you can scream and shout about it instead of directing your energy into...literally anything else. mostly the idea that people think onyx is icstor, or at least equally to blame, when he explicitly told people not to give ics a fucking dime until the game actually released. he shouldn't have given the release date in the spring, i back that sentiment. i also maintain that the only reason people are ACTUALLY mad at onyx is bc they know he used to come to this goofy forum, and ics doesn't, so one of them is WAY more likely to see all the negative bullshit and name-calling. i just got better shit to do with my time, cousin
kép_2023-07-17_185402367.png
aside from that almost 2 weeks hiatus, he's clearly still active on f95, he just chooses to ignore this dumpsterfire lmao

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes