golgahobnit

Aug 20, 2022
What's happening here will inevitably happen anywhere as soon as people get so caught up in the obsession with their favorite developer, author or even their favorite faceless, publicly traded corporation — that they forget how the economy works and how to be consumers.

In the end, hate towards ICSTOR/Patrick Rothfuss/GRR Martin/TakeTwo/CDPR/Blizzard/etc. is at least partly misplaced. What would most, if not all, of us do if others were willing to pay us money for thin fucking air?

I'll tell you: we'd deliver thin fucking air.

A culture of pre-ordering, excessive/obsessive fandom and hype, blind Kickstarting/crowdfunding, willingness to buy MTX — and mass amnesia with regard to how quid pro quo, and both demand and supply are essential for all this bullshit to function even remotely as expected.

Look at it like this. Some of us will sit, ready to reward suppliers in exchange for quality goods/workmanship, so that those suppliers will thrive and outcompete suppliers of low-quality goods/workmanship. Meanwhile, in come others to reward charlatans, cheats, shoddy product or even thin fucking air, like a troop of rabid baboons flinging shit at suburban families in a zoo.

This is just how it is and how it's gonna be. Rageposting will not help. The only thing to do is to convince as many people as you can that pre-orders, blind crowdfunds/kickstarts, predatory MTX and hypefarming are bad and shouldn't be engaged in. People get what they pay for and need to understand that. Until then we're fucked.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
What's happening here will inevitably happen anywhere as soon as people get so caught up in the obsession with their favorite developer, author or even their favorite faceless, publicly traded corporation — that they forget how the economy works and how to be consumers.

In the end, hate towards ICSTOR/Patrick Rothfuss/GRR Martin/TakeTwo/CDPR/Blizzard/etc. is at least partly misplaced. What would most, if not all, of us do if others were willing to pay us money for thin fucking air?

A culture of pre-ordering, excessive/obsessive fandom and hype, blind Kickstarting/crowdfunding, willingness to buy MTX — and mass amnesia with regard to how quid pro quo, and both demand and supply are essential for all this bullshit to function even remotely as expected.

Look at it like this. Some of us will sit, ready to reward suppliers in exchange for quality goods/workmanship, so that those suppliers will thrive and outcompete suppliers of low-quality goods/workmanship. Meanwhile, in come others to reward charlatans, cheats, shoddy product or even thin fucking air, like a troop of rabid baboons flinging shit at suburban families in a zoo.

This is just how it is and how it's gonna be. Rageposting will not help. The only thing to do is to convince as many people as you can that pre-orders, blind crowdfunds/kickstarts, predatory MTX and hypefarming are bad and shouldn't be engaged in. People get what they pay for and need to understand that. Until then we're fucked.
and thats precisely why the only games i paid for in the last 2 years are sekiro, elden ring and baldurs gate 3. no preorders, no shitty battlepasses, no mtx, no minimum viable products. start voting with your wallets, boys.

fatcat2112

Jul 11, 2018

da, comrade. this forum probably ain't the place for effective agitprop but i respect it regardless

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
"Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well:). Today I have some news for you that should be quite exciting. I have been talking to the team and we decided that the final update should include all the endings that were originally promised, including the harem ending. To be honest, I wouldn't be happy myself if we delivered an update without it. That means that the release date will be pushed back a little bit. I estimate the game will be out in October but probably a lot sooner than that."
nah aint no way
That is too much effort
The post I mean, not in any universe would they make the endings
Also just a reminder that IF this ever releases, he will still have a grand total of ZERO finished games

Last edited:

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Once again, we're at a place where people think they're buying some tangible good/service with their Patreon support. That's not how it works.

Here is Icstor's Patreon tier breakdown:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do not see anything in there that even hints at a this-for-that kind of exchange, or a promise to deliver X content by Y date. The closest it gets is the statement: "If you like the design, please don't hesitate to pledge and help us continue working on it!" Which is about how I regard Patreon.... if I like the cut of some creator's jib, I'll throw them some money. (Narrator: He does not throw any of them any money.)

If you have the idea that you're paying for specific sorts of content delivery, you are the wacked out one. Not the dev. But I guess if you get 4,000 people who think they're paying for something specific and that when that something isn't delivered on their timeline a more effective form of protest is to complain about it online rather than discontinue their financial support, well........... more power to the dev.

Thekingofdope

Apr 8, 2019
Once again, we're at a place where people think they're buying some tangible good/service with their Patreon support. That's not how it works.

I do not see anything in there that even hints at a this-for-that kind of exchange, or a promise to deliver X content by Y date. The closest it gets is the statement: "If you like the design, please don't hesitate to pledge and help us continue working on it!" Which is about how I regard Patreon.... if I like the cut of some creator's jib, I'll throw them some money. (Narrator: He does not throw any of them any money.)

If you have the idea that you're paying for specific sorts of content delivery, you are the wacked out one. Not the dev. But I guess if you get 4,000 people who think they're paying for something specific and that when that something isn't delivered on their timeline a more effective form of protest is to complain about it online rather than discontinue their financial support, well........... more power to the dev.
I dont know, but if people are stupid enough to hang around, then let them. I personally think, a bunch of his subs are people that just found the game, and then sub to patreon to support, and then it takes them a few months to figure out he does nothing, and then they unsub, and this just keeps going on. I assume its not the same 4.000 people that are subbed. God i hope not, honestly i was subbed for 4 months, so i essentially payed 4 dollars for this game, which for me is a bargain.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Yeah, I agree with you Thekingofdope . Except if he's been at the 4,000 sub mark for a long while, I think that would be indicative of them being largely the same 4,000 people month after month. I don't think it would be likely that the dropoffs would be almost exactly offset by the pickups month in and month out, not for a game that's been in a pretty much static state for two years now.

PLAYER9821452

Jun 20, 2023
Just follow what the Dev does and create a Patreon page and scam people for nothing.
i was talking about money ingame .. idc about your conv about patreon and those things .. nothing will change the author's mind .. so just enjoy the game the way it is

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016

>Regular updates about the upcoming version
There, easy sue
No one will, but they can

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrNewVegas2281
Dec 24, 2018
anyone interested in playing a game? taking guesses as to how icstor and team intend to continue this scam without releasing a game. the usual comments are getting far too boring now.

my first guess is that onyxdime is gonna come back at a later point and claim that he received more new renders to write the dialogues for. the harem ending and more caroline content come to mind since he's been pretty explicit about the lack of either in the alleged final version.

the best lies are always ones built on truths. just because he's said certain things that are true doesn't mean everything he says is the truth. he's very smart with his lies in that way. have to hand it to them.
We will probably just get a brand new person shilling here because by the time they lose enough subscribers that they need to start shilling to the community again they probably won't send Onyxdime back because no one will trust him that time around. First it was baron, then it was onyxdime, and who knows who it will be next.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes