BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
@Vordertur

Thanks mate.

Some supporters of Icstor don't understand that defending bad behaviour help scammers.

I and many others supported Icstor for a long time but that doesn't mean we need to tolerate everything he does and need to shut up.

And for all this conspiracy theories out there no i am not stiglet, adeptussteve, DC or any other adult game dev.
I am the opposite i donate money to help devs creating great content.
But if someone don't hold his promise i cancel my pledge.

In a nutshell how i understood f95 rules is you can say whatever you want but don't insult anybody and don't talk about politics & religion.

That's the same rules, Darkcookie made in his Picarto & Discord chat and i am very confy with it.

I checked my postings and there is no insult.

Last Point, i didn't make a comparison between Apples & Cars.

I compared similar 3D Adult Games and i think that's totally fair.

giphy (3).gif

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Ok, a little bit of Devil's Advocate here:

Everyone's harping on the technical/legal definition of "free speech." i.e. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution which allows for freedom of religion, of speech, assembly, the press, and all that other good stuff. And yes, that's not applicable here because this is a private forum where the rules are not set by any governmental organization but by the people who own/operate said forum.

Right. Asked and answered.

But, and I think it's disingenuous to try and deny that this sort of thing exists, there is always a "hive-mind" mentality on any public forum - an established circle-jerk narrative. A bunch of people who tend to control what opinions are "allowed" and which ones aren't. If you have an unpopular opinion, you're basically just shouted down because no one wants to hear it. It's standard operating procedure just about everywhere you go, and sometimes it's organized and malicious, and other times it's simply because many people's normal, knee-jerk reaction to hearing something they don't agree with is to effectively jam their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" at the top of their lungs.

The end result is still basically the same: the silencing of dissent in whatever form it comes in.

Now here's the thing: I'm not trying to argue that every single voice deserves to be heard. Some people really are just trying to scream in the dark and contribute nothing meaningful to a conversation. But on the other hand, there are some people who do try to bring something useful to the table, and this is why I always roll my eyes when the dogpiles start. Because is someone getting dismissed out of hand simply because they're not "saying the right things?" Or because they didn't use the right buzzwords, or whatever kind of trivial offenses people drum up these days to ensure they don't have to listen to someone they potentially won't agree with?

Whatever happened to actually vetting people's arguments? Or is that something nobody bothers with anymore because it's too much work?

Please enough with this "silencing of dissent" stuff. It's nothing of the sort. The people who made this forum are allowed to dictate what is said and where as it is THEIRS. If you don't like that too bad. That's life. And in any case this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place if he had just posted his thoughts in the discussion forums where it belonged.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Please enough with this "silencing of dissent" stuff. It's nothing of the sort. The people who made this forum are allowed to dictate what is said and where as it is THEIRS. If you don't like that too bad. That's life. And in any case this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place if he had just posted his thoughts in the discussion forums where it belonged.
(Headdesk)

So, did you read what I actually posted, or did you just skim it, decide you didn't like what it said, and reject the whole post out of hand? Because that sure as shit seems like what you did.

I flat out said that OF COURSE the moderators on this forum are allowed to dictate what is allowed on the board and what isn't allowed on the board. I clearly admit that. What I THEN go on to say is that seeing as how it's a DISCUSSION forum, it is usually in the best interests (as in, it promotes DISCUSSION) to allow a myriad of viewpoints to be posted so that people with differing views can meet, realize that there are people in the world who do not necessarily agree with each other, and then they can DISCUSS as to why they don't agree with each other.

Look, I can't speak for anyone else's academic training, but the first thing I learned when I was an undergrad was this principle: "People aren't always going to agree with you. This is not the end of the world. It is therefore imperative to talk about why you don't agree about things and maybe they'll convince you, maybe you'll convince them, or maybe you'll just decide you're never going to agree and you both walk away with no hard feelings. But it is important that you TALK."

This is something that is getting lost these days because "No. You're wrong. I don't want to hear about it. And also, you're a Nazi."

Again, for the record, I do not dispute the idea that it is well within the rights of the people who run this board to shut down whatever it is they don't like. I do, however, think that it works contrary to the purposes of a DISCUSSION board. Now you want to argue the technicality that "Well, this post doesn't belong here, but it does belong there, etc. etc." Ok, fine, that's a different topic. And you may just be right about that, but that's not the argument you were putting forward a moment ago. The argument you were putting forth a moment ago was basically "I (or whoever is in charge here) can tell you to shut up... so... shut up."

See my point?

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
(Headdesk)

So, did you read what I actually posted, or did you just skim it, decide you didn't like what it said, and reject the whole post out of hand? Because that sure as shit seems like what you did.

I flat out said that OF COURSE the moderators on this forum are allowed to dictate what is allowed on the board and what isn't allowed on the board. I clearly admit that. What I THEN go on to say is that seeing as how it's a DISCUSSION forum, it is usually in the best interests (as in, it promotes DISCUSSION) to allow a myriad of viewpoints to be posted so that people with differing views can meet, realize that there are people in the world who do not necessarily agree with each other, and then they can DISCUSS as to why they don't agree with each other.

Look, I can't speak for anyone else's academic training, but the first thing I learned when I was an undergrad was this principle: "People aren't always going to agree with you. This is not the end of the world. It is therefore imperative to talk about why you don't agree about things and maybe they'll convince you, maybe you'll convince them, or maybe you'll just decide you're never going to agree and you both walk away with no hard feelings. But it is important that you TALK."

This is something that is getting lost these days because "No. You're wrong. I don't want to hear about it. And also, you're a Nazi."

Again, for the record, I do not dispute the idea that it is well within the rights of the people who run this board to shut down whatever it is they don't like. I do, however, think that it works contrary to the purposes of a DISCUSSION board. Now you want to argue the technicality that "Well, this post doesn't belong here, but it does belong there, etc. etc." Ok, fine, that's a different topic. And you may just be right about that, but that's not the argument you were putting forward a moment ago. The argument you were putting forth a moment ago was basically "I (or whoever is in charge here) can tell you to shut up... so... shut up."

See my point?

I did read your post. Did you read mine or just skim it? He posted his opinion in the wrong forum. The end.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Ok, a little bit of Devil's Advocate here:

Everyone's harping on the technical/legal definition of "free speech." i.e. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution which allows for freedom of religion, of speech, assembly, the press, and all that other good stuff. And yes, that's not applicable here because this is a private forum where the rules are not set by any governmental organization but by the people who own/operate said forum.

Right. Asked and answered.

But, and I think it's disingenuous to try and deny that this sort of thing exists, there is always a "hive-mind" mentality on any public forum - an established circle-jerk narrative. A bunch of people who tend to control what opinions are "allowed" and which ones aren't. If you have an unpopular opinion, you're basically just shouted down because no one wants to hear it. It's standard operating procedure just about everywhere you go, and sometimes it's organized and malicious, and other times it's simply because many people's normal, knee-jerk reaction to hearing something they don't agree with is to effectively jam their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" at the top of their lungs.

The end result is still basically the same: the silencing of dissent in whatever form it comes in.

Now here's the thing: I'm not trying to argue that every single voice deserves to be heard. Some people really are just trying to scream in the dark and contribute nothing meaningful to a conversation. But on the other hand, there are some people who do try to bring something useful to the table, and this is why I always roll my eyes when the dogpiles start. Because is someone getting dismissed out of hand simply because they're not "saying the right things?" Or because they didn't use the right buzzwords, or whatever kind of trivial offenses people drum up these days to ensure they don't have to listen to someone they potentially won't agree with?

Whatever happened to actually vetting people's arguments? Or is that something nobody bothers with anymore because it's too much work?
You know, some of us have no investment in Milfy City and are looking at these attitudes and posts objectively - especially avoiding tribal affilliations.

There's nothing disengenuous about noting how someone specifically came in here to beat a tone-deaf drum for jollies or whatever. Its extremism - and some points which have been shown as unprovable speculation, over and over again - does nothing for the discourse and actually promotes people taking sides. The very thing you implied should be avoided, of course.

So, consider that being a Devil's Advocate doesn't mean all voices should automatically be considered equally valid or supportable in an objective debate, nor that everyone comes to this place with similar motivations. Everyone can say what they want, but there are ramifications based on the content and apparent intent of what you offer which must be taken into account, as well.

Further, you can't avoid people having similar perspectives or feelings on things, it's when most objectivity goes out the window and an unproductive agenda appears that we should suspect shitposting, IMHO. It is not unfair to call out noise for being noise to your ears.

Reactions: havoc9955
Jan 24, 2019
The mods were very quick to give this the negative "on hold" tag just because he takes 1 month off without charging people. That's what you get for being open and honest I guess.

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
Stiglet on the other Hand made a better game than Icstor with the first try
and he doesn't lie and drops every 6 weeks 1 great Update,
with tons of Animations new Scenes, great Story, new Characters & great overall Quality

(BTW Stiglet earns far less than Icstor)
I was curious as to what kind of prodigy would one up Icstor on the first try and OOF...the only thing that Stiglet seems to do semi-good is the animations. The difference between him and Icstor is so vast that they might as well be from different galaxies...Dead eyes/1000yard stare(beginner mistake),random poses that don't fit the situation, ugly characters, 30inch balloon dick, random cringe worthy sex scenes just for the sake of it, $5 sex doll bodies and a poor attempt at a story..I wonder why he makes less money than Icstor........

You can't really discuss taste because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but if I showed you a Fiat next to a Lamborghini you'd be able to figure out the difference right ?

There's a handful of devs that make quality games right now and if waiting longer for an update from them is what it takes, then by all means they can have all the time they want as there's so much shit flooding this website right now that it's not even funny.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
when i first played this game which was the first release, i liked linda the most, but now after i left it for awhile and replayed it tbh calorine is my fav for several reasons. the first one is because she's the most realistic out of them all about the whole incest relationship, she's the only one that felt guilty about it and thought it was so wrong that she had to overthink it and she was the only one who was confused about what she wants and if it's really okay to have this deal and relationship with her brother, and when she started to love him she stopped everything and ended the deal and tried her hardest to find someone to make her forget about him.
but in the end she embraced her feelings and love for him and accepted him as more than a brother, and that makes her my fav character in the game.
because she made us feel special in the game that it's hard to get her, and when we finally got her it was filled with emotions and happy vibes like we were someone so precious, someone that she truly loved from the bottom of her heart.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Discord said he is on vacation or something? I'm tired and going to bed so i did not read much on what happened so if i'm wrong please let me know.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Discord said he is on vacation or something? I'm tired and going to bed so i did not read much on what happened so if i'm wrong please let me know.
he need to take soem time off due to burnout, he'll be back in a month or 2

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
he need to take soem time off due to burnout, he'll be back in a month or 2
I get that, but it is hard to trust any dev after so many taking the money and running and others abandoning games left and right, the one dev of Blooming Love making more than one Patreon account speaking of that dev if he would have stuck with one account and finished his games he would be making around 1k a month if not more by now.
Not saying this is gonna happen with Icstor but i guess we'll wait an see.
Since i'm here typing anyways i must say i really miss Cocetor Chronicles and My Sweet Neighbors though with them they had family issues. Others i miss are Holy Slaves, Teacher's Pet, The Bastard, Infinity and His Legacy was also good. Some others also like Fertile and Mating, anyway i'm done with my rant and need to sleep.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I get that, but it is hard to trust any dev after so many taking the money and running and others abandoning games left and right, the one dev of Blooming Love making more than one Patreon account speaking of that dev if he would have stuck with one account and finished his games he would be making around 1k a month if not more by now.
Not saying this is gonna happen with Icstor but i guess we'll wait an see.
Since i'm here typing anyways i must say i really miss Cocetor Chronicles and My Sweet Neighbors though with them they had family issues. Others i miss are Holy Slaves, Teacher's Pet, The Bastard, Infinity and His Legacy was also good. Some others also like Fertile and Mating, anyway i'm done with my rant and need to sleep.
He paused his Patreon. He said he'd do it for April, but he didn't, which caused much whining here. He apologized, and said he'd keep it paused for the month he comes back. Still we get "he's milking! he lied" posts. Gotta love it.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
He paused his Patreon. He said he'd do it for April, but he didn't, which caused much whining here. He apologized, and said he'd keep it paused for the month he comes back. Still we get "he's milking! he lied" posts. Gotta love it.
Hope that is what he does, some other Devs like Envixer and Macadam have hardly any supporters and deserve more. I want to end with saying i'm all for giving this dev a chance and we should wait and see what happens, hope he comes back re-energized, because this game deserves to be finished and done right since it is a masterpiece.
I do think he'll be back since he would be a fool to give up all that money he is making.
Thanks for the info and replies, now i'm really off to bed!

BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
I was curious as to what kind of prodigy would one up Icstor on the first try and OOF...the only thing that Stiglet seems to do semi-good is the animations. The difference between him and Icstor is so vast that they might as well be from different galaxies...Dead eyes/1000yard stare(beginner mistake),random poses that don't fit the situation, ugly characters, 30inch balloon dick, random cringe worthy sex scenes just for the sake of it, $5 sex doll bodies and a poor attempt at a story..I wonder why he makes less money than Icstor........

You can't really discuss taste because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but if I showed you a Fiat next to a Lamborghini you'd be able to figure out the difference right ?

There's a handful of devs that make quality games right now and if waiting longer for an update from them is what it takes, then by all means they can have all the time they want as there's so much shit flooding this website right now that it's not even funny.

So in your scenario the Lamborghini is Milfy City & Fiat is The Visit ?
Youre complete bias dude.

If that versus would be between Milfy City & Michaels Life (by MysterfulGames)
i would say that's a valid point you made.

But you compared 2 Good Games with each other.
So youre comparison need to be following: Lamborghini (Milfy City) Vs Ferrari (The Visit)

However can you deny the fact that icstor lied and took money for nothing ?

Youre wondering why icstor make less money than for example stiglet,
maybe cause icstor is making games since years & had enough time to build a fanbase.

And even if icstor will make more money forever than other devs,
that doesn't automatically mean that he is better than any of them.

Taylor Swift makes more Money than Celine Dion does it mean she make better music ?
EA makes more money than Rockstar Games does it mean they make better games ?

Cmn mate it doesn't need einstein to debunk such arguments.

giphy.gif

ugz2

Feb 21, 2018
Youre wondering why icstor make less money than for example stiglet,
maybe cause icstor is making games since years & had enough time to build a fanbase.
Bud, most of it wasn't built over years, Icstor went from less than a thousand patrons to 5,000 plus since Milfy City's release.

You've mentioned their "workflows" but The Visit is a kinetic novel with a lower render count and is inferior on a technical level. The difference is that Stiglet releases on a consistent schedule and in smaller increments.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

I generally agree ...

The Visit is a nice game, but *if* we had to compare ... then Milfy City has objectively better production and storyline qualities, IMHO. The skin displacement is abnormal and distracting, breasts regularly defy the laws of physics, eyes+expressions are a bit soulless at times, use of walleye perspective is distracting and storyline options mostly lead towards a choice of sex partner for given scenes than anything else.

BUT, those are not fair comparisons, because there is no need to compare: The Visit is still an entertaining game for what it seeks to offer and that's what matters to fans in the end, plus it is intended to come out on a regular schedule instead of an episode-is-ready based release. Its aesthetics are different than Milfy City, its story style is different, its release schedule is different ... we have nothing much to talk about on that in a Milf City game topic.

Someone coming here to argue that a quality product like Milfy City is NOT high quality in comparison - a point only raised because the Dev is taking a break (oh my goodness, they are human too!) - is raising false equivalences. It's an inane and pointless topic, because it's not even relevant.

3.70 star(s) 406 Votes