Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
U play for free.be thankful for that will u?
if the dev gets no money,then no game at all.
Thank you for showing that you do not get the points made!
Currently Slowburn is on the way ro repeat a mistake made by e.g. L&P earlier. While not everything went smooth, "Misfits", being an erotic game, got most of it´s exposure to potential patrons via F95. That comes with it´s pros and cons, that is something you have to know beforehand.
There was a problem with one(!) patron and while partly understandable, not all of Slowburn´s posts here on the forum were nice. In fact some rejected and lumped all F95 users, be it pirates, lurkers, players of the public versions, together in a way which left a bad taste for everyone. As a hobby writer creating stuff myself I understand slowburn, but some of his posts I disliked quite much, because they denigrated all F95 members for the faults of one person.

Now Slowburn advertises "Misfits" on F95 again, for the same boys and girls he put under general suspicion not long ago. This can leave certain impressions not intended, like "Hey, I consider you rubbish, but as long as pay...". While I think slowburn did not intend for somethig like this, it can be red as such.
In addition, there is no more word lost about posting the public version after say 2 weeks instead of a month, which was something that should happen once the leaking directly on day one stopped. You catch more prey with sugar than with vinegar and going back on what was at least tentatively announced earlier, is not sugar.
To put it bluntly, Slowburn´s PR leaves a lot to be desired, this whole affair could have been handled with more finesse and deftness by both sides.
I am the one making the currently only walkthrough for Misfits, so you can tell I´m quite interested in the game, but my interest dimmed quite a bit over this. And I played the public version, so my beef with this is how this spiralled out of control.

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
What the hell are you doing on a pirate forum?

The developer receives enough money to be able to release the free version after a week or two. But greed can do even more.

Likewise, you should know very well, as well as the dev, that (as has been said other times) thanks to this forum is where he has been able to publish his game and make it known in order to have those subscribers.
Like the vast majority of games.
The difference is that good developers, when they get their subscribers, continue to contribute in a friendly way.
In this case, once this developer has got his money, he has come to this forum to insult his users and piracy, hypocrite.
It is the developer who should be grateful.
I love the idea that the dev should be grateful someone takes his game and hands it out for free logic that suggests if someone steals your car or robs your house you should thank him? :)

angelm1ke

Aug 5, 2017
Progress Update: View attachment 2759399

ch19 is currently going through the early release review with Patrons over on Patreon. This is the part of the development process where bug reports and general feedback leads to revisions. Hopefully, most of the problems with the update are resolved by the time the Public version is released. Currently, we are on version 19.0 but some bugs have been reported so the public version will be at least 19.1.

The public version will be released at the end of this month.
The public version is, and always has been, FREE.
A new public version is released at the end of every month.

I will continue to post updates and teasers as long as there are no leaks of the early release.

Are you posting on a thread created by the supporter you banned?!...
Are you asking for the members of a hacking forum to not hack?!...
Damn... The audacity...

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
Thank you for showing that you do not get the points made!
Currently Slowburn is on the way ro repeat a mistake made by e.g. L&P earlier. While not everything went smooth, "Misfits", being an erotic game, got most of it´s exposure to potential patrons via F95. That comes with it´s pros and cons, that is something you have to know beforehand.
There was a problem with one(!) patron and while partly understandable, not all of Slowburn´s posts here on the forum were nice. In fact some rejected and lumped all F95 users, be it pirates, lurkers, players of the public versions, together in a way which left a bad taste for everyone. As a hobby writer creating stuff myself I understand slowburn, but some of his posts I disliked quite much, because they denigrated all F95 members for the faults of one person.

Now Slowburn advertises "Misfits" on F95 again, for the same boys and girls he put under general suspicion not long ago. This can leave certain impressions not intended, like "Hey, I consider you rubbish, but as long as pay...". While I think slowburn did not intend for somethig like this, it can be red as such.
In addition, there is no more word lost about posting the public version after say 2 weeks instead of a month, which was something that should happen once the leaking directly on day one stopped. You catch more prey with sugar than with vinegar and going back on what was at least tentatively announced earlier, is not sugar.
To put it bluntly, Slowburn´s PR leaves a lot to be desired, this whole affair could have been handled with more finesse and deftness by both sides.
I am the one making the currently only walkthrough for Misfits, so you can tell I´m quite interested in the game, but my interest dimmed quite a bit over this. And I played the public version, so my beef with this is how this spiralled out of control.
you have a point and it does make sense, I have his pa treon access as have many others and will pass you message into him if that helps?

Reactions: Mourka
Sep 10, 2022
I love the idea that the dev should be grateful someone takes his game and hands it out for free logic that suggests if someone steals your car or robs your house you should thank him? :)
What?
It is clear that you did not understand my message.

Grateful to this forum and its users for testing their game when and giving it fame when it all started. Where do you think their subscribers came from? From Steam maybe?
No, from this forum.
And for that he has to be grateful.

Sep 10, 2022
Thanks someone understood this.

I think it's not that difficult for the developer to understand.

Jan 15, 2021
Thanks someone understood this.

I think it's not that difficult for the developer to understand.
he makes less than his country's minimum wage doing this game. He can make more stocking shelves at a supermarket. How is it difficult to understand that him not wanting the game leaked is not him "being greedy" it's him "trying to make this a viable job?"

He's not milking fans, an update comes out on time every month, and the previous one becomes free. That's the sign of a good dev worth supporting.

AnthraxAlpha

Nov 13, 2021
Idk what is all the fuss about, small indigames to AAA games get cracked and can be downloaded on pirate websites and those companies still make millions if not more off their games, piracy has always been there and always will people just need to accept it, plus I also agree on it boosting sales, because if the people love it they will support it if they can afford it.

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
Moralizing pirates are absurd. How many games have you downloaded without even thinking about the devs financial situation for even a second? But you're so kind and understanding for taking a stand one time out of a hundred, right. Your medals are in the mail, and the statue will be completed next week.

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
So, if their was common ground and ignoring demands, what timescale would you accept and what would you feel is reasonable? Does a common ground even exist

Chuckles9988

Jan 27, 2020
So, if their was common ground and ignoring demands, what timescale would you accept and what would you feel is reasonable? Does a common ground even exist
Personally, I feel like 1 or 2 weeks is reasonable. If someone isn't tempted to buy it because they have to wait 1-2 weeks then a month won't change that. Either someone is impatient with money to burn or they aren't. People who pay get to feel special and enjoy an early release and everyone else doesn't have to wait an entire month. Even if the public release was a year's delay I'm never going to pay for it.

Morrigan12345

Feb 5, 2021
I want to once again support the developer. You just don't realise that very rarely in such long projects developers consistently release good updates. Culture Shock, Long Short Story, Ashley's Hot Wife, and many other projects, release updates in half a year - a year. And if the developer explicitly states that he is comfortable with this scheme, then why should he get in the way, he will just burn out and will not release anything in the end. As for me it is better to get free releases every month than to get one today and then see the sign "Abandoned".

Carlotrejius

Nov 26, 2018
The absolute malding and seething happening in this thread because the game hasn't been leaked is hilarious. Yall really in here mad as fuck you can't jack off to this game for a few weeks huh?
Is just pettyness really, they claim to be hardcore pirates but the instant the dev protects his income they cry, having to wait a month isn´t the end of the world

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
You people are still going :cautious:

If you're convinced the piracy legitimately damages income, what are you doing here in the first place, exactly? You're fine hurting everyone who has stuff leaked, why? You're just trying to make yourself look good, which is extremely pathetic to try to do anonymously online.

GoldenAgony

Apr 29, 2020
You people are still going :cautious:

If you're convinced the piracy legitimately damages income, what are you doing here in the first place, exactly? You're fine hurting everyone who has stuff leaked, why? You're just trying to make yourself look good, which is extremely pathetic to try to do anonymously online.
some people are too poor to support monthly, bozo

not everyone is doing this because theyre a freeloader

3.70 star(s) 67 Votes