ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Anyone have 17.1?
Early Release v17.3 (all links)
This version starts Part 3. It should work with your saves from Part 2. However, there will probably be some teething issues so please report any problems.
It includes a quick-start option at the beginning if you don't have a saved game. I used the results from the recent poll to determine reasonable character stats for the quick-start.
As usual, I would be grateful for any error/bug reports and general feedback (good and bad).
all media:
v17.0
- content for chapter 17
- 302 new renders
- 8 new anims
v17.1
- may solve problems with old saves
- Jackson flashback text correction
I hope you enjoy it.
v17.2
- garage- added Clara's dad missing words
- end of day roundup- garage- corrected faithful route
- garage- corrected £ for $
- Joe dinner- re-jigged Lust points- easier faithful route (enter event with Lust 9 or less)
v17.3

- added new choice in Park- can reduce Clara Lust

- Joe dinner- don't allow Clara to drink will now reduce Lust

Last edited:

UpravDom

Aug 17, 2020
Max and Clara lost their cherries and became distracted! For example, Max wore glasses only in an "invisible" suit, but now he wears glasses even when visiting friends!? Lol...:unsure:

Troy9000

Jun 4, 2020
SPOILER ALERT ! : Clara is very interesting , shes clearly inexperienced and shocked when she sees the MP's penis ( the scene w her mom -- LOL )
and yet , she gives him her virginity , i hope to see how she handles other scenes , i like Clara because she has a "naughty" side I'm not too keen about the old pervs in the garage wanting to see her boobs and the kissing - Ewww :)

oldshoe

Mar 7, 2020
Non-patreon users only have to wait a month to get a free update, there are hundreds of other games to play while waiting. It's a shame it has to be leaked on the day of release, it just upsets the dev for so little gain.

Yes this is a pirate site blah blah, but why fuck the golden goose up the ass? It will just die and stop laying eggs when there is no need.

Vukalo

Jan 9, 2018
Non-patreon users only have to wait a month to get a free update, there are hundreds of other games to play while waiting. It's a shame it has to be leaked on the day of release, it just upsets the dev for so little gain.

Yes this is a pirate site blah blah, but why fuck the golden goose up the ass? It will just die and stop laying eggs when there is no need.
Shut up dude, no one is waiting for a month on this site.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018

The dev makes over 2000 USD a month on Patreon and has tons of loyal fans and supporters. People who pirate are not always a guaranteed lost sale since many will pirate regardless and never buy the game while some may support the Patreon or wait until the game is finished and buy it on Steam or something. Stopping development on this game or any future projects doesn't really impact pirates, but it will impact their supporters who gave money every month and also the dev who got a solid amount of money and support from it. Doesn't really make sense to have that kind of reaction even though I can understand frustration about a game getting leaked like this.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
The dev makes over 2000 USD a month on Patreon and has tons of loyal fans and supporters. People who pirate are not always a guaranteed lost sale since many will pirate regardless and never buy the game while some may support the Patreon or wait until the game is finished and buy it on Steam or something. Stopping development on this game or any future projects doesn't really impact pirates, but it will impact their supporters who gave money every month and also the dev who got a solid amount of money and support from it. Doesn't really make sense to have that kind of reaction even though I can understand frustration about a game getting leaked like this.
you are arguing like 2k usd is a lot of money

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
Knowing several devs it's not as simple as that. We've discussed it on the thread before, but the first few days of release are generally the most important ones for the month, mainly because that is the time people who want to play right away will sub for the higher amounts and lower end patrons might increase in order to play earlier. Stuff will always leak, and the more popular it is usually the faster it leaks. I tend to feel a bit bad for slowburn because he is one of the few devs who doesn't charge much for a day one release. $10 is low compared to many other devs who charge $30+ for early releases. It's a double edged sword though, at $10 it's not much for someone to just grab it and post it. At $30, people think a lot more.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
you are arguing like 2k usd is a lot of money
I am under the assumption this is not the dev's only source of income, and if so, 2k USD is a solid amount of supplemental income to take care of some necessities and give financial wiggle-room on a monthly basis.
Knowing several devs it's not as simple as that. We've discussed it on the thread before, but the first few days of release are generally the most important ones for the month, mainly because that is the time people who want to play right away will sub for the higher amounts and lower end patrons might increase in order to play earlier. Stuff will always leak, and the more popular it is usually the faster it leaks. I tend to feel a bit bad for slowburn because he is one of the few devs who doesn't charge much for a day one release. $10 is low compared to many other devs who charge $30+ for early releases. It's a double edged sword though, at $10 it's not much for someone to just grab it and post it. At $30, people think a lot more.
That's fair, and I do respect that Slow Burn does have pretty low tiers and does do free releases about a month after release which not all devs do and is appreciated. There is just no real significant correlation between when things leak to actual income lost for the devs. It sucks for sure, and maybe they did lose out on a bit more money, but I can't see a dev missing out on a significant amount unless they are maybe really new and don't have a fanbase and struggling to get off the ground which is pretty common.

Reactions: water_rockz_sockz
Jan 15, 2021
I am under the assumption this is not the dev's only source of income, and if so, 2k USD is a solid amount of supplemental income to take care of some necessities and give financial wiggle-room on a monthly basis.

That's fair, and I do respect that Slow Burn does have pretty low tiers and does do free releases about a month after release which not all devs do and is appreciated. There is just no real significant correlation between when things leak to actual income lost for the devs. It sucks for sure, and maybe they did lose out on a bit more money, but I can't see a dev missing out on a significant amount unless they are maybe really new and don't have a fanbase and struggling to get off the ground which is pretty common.
you can be as skeptical as you want, but this is right from Slow Burn last month:

My sincere thanks to everyone who honoured their commitment not to leak this month's episode to pirate sites. It took a whopping 12 days for the episode to leak which is by far a record!
What was the effect?:
In the first 7 days we had 10% more Patrons that we normally get in the whole month. This was also a new record!
After 12 days we had 17% more Patrons than we normally get in a whole month.
It's hard to say how many Patrons we would have if the episode was never leaked but I think it isn't unreasonable to suggest that leaking costs this game around 25% of its support. For a small developer this is huge.
As I've said many times, I release a public version in due course so leaking the early release only achieves one thing- it undermines the Patreon support model. Without that I, and many other developers, would not be developing.
My thanks again- it's nice to know that a sense of honour and fair play still exist for so many people. Working on the next episode with renewed vigour!

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
you can be as skeptical as you want, but this is right from Slow Burn last month:

My sincere thanks to everyone who honoured their commitment not to leak this month's episode to pirate sites. It took a whopping 12 days for the episode to leak which is by far a record!
What was the effect?:
In the first 7 days we had 10% more Patrons that we normally get in the whole month. This was also a new record!
After 12 days we had 17% more Patrons than we normally get in a whole month.
It's hard to say how many Patrons we would have if the episode was never leaked but I think it isn't unreasonable to suggest that leaking costs this game around 25% of its support. For a small developer this is huge.
As I've said many times, I release a public version in due course so leaking the early release only achieves one thing- it undermines the Patreon support model. Without that I, and many other developers, would not be developing.
My thanks again- it's nice to know that a sense of honour and fair play still exist for so many people. Working on the next episode with renewed vigour!
As I implied in the other statement, not surprised there is some increase by it not leaking. Granted, kind of curious how this data lines up in previous instances as there were at least 2 previous updates I recall for Misfits where it did not leak until around the public release and in general would do better to find actual correlation between not leaking and how much it benefits the game on average. I can understand why devs don't always have their number of Patrons or how much they make per month public, and while I give respect to Slow Burn for having the latter public, that 25% support metric is kind of misleading unless we know how many Patrons there actually are and how that correlated to actual money given to get a better idea on the support increase.

Reactions: water_rockz_sockz

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
As previously reported, I cannot get any save to load. Neither from v17 (Gofile and MEGA) nor 17.1 (Gofile).

Reactions: MrJ
3.70 star(s) 67 Votes