halfpace

Feb 16, 2022
Right now my objective is to get into the Golden Temple and speak with Kuyou, but after speaking with her and the tentacles scenes I have no idea what to do, the objective stays the same and if I get into the temple and speak with her again the animation just repeats, any help ?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AveryFlare

Dchase

Jul 21, 2021
Right now my objective is to get into the Golden Temple and speak with Kuyou, but after speaking with her and the tentacles scenes I have no idea what to do, the objective stays the same and if I get into the temple and speak with her again the animation just repeats, any help ?

Thanks in advance.
Unequip the orb you have on Hachina

theryo2001

Dec 2, 2018
I know its probably to late, but my friend point out that there's a hint text file in the main folder for where all the stuff is. Aparently they do this every game

Reactions: Dchase

Oatnom

Oct 14, 2019
My current objective is to "Proceed through Oni Mountain, located midway through Kazama road, to search for Kuyou". I go through to the golden temple and it has an ! above it but the temple is empty. Is she in the Oni Mountain area or am I missing some prerequisite? Think it might be bugged, any chance someone has a save before that fight?
ã__ã__ã__æ_ªç_°è___df8BqFA33Y.png

Dchase

Jul 21, 2021
where did you get it? i think its the only thing i'm missing
Quite easy actually, especially since I crave that rubber. One of the yokai enemies, a humanoid monk gives you the affliction. That or the boss of the Silver Mine

Dchase

Jul 21, 2021
My current objective is to "Proceed through Oni Mountain, located midway through Kazama road, to search for Kuyou". I go through to the golden temple and it has an ! above it but the temple is empty. Is she in the Oni Mountain area or am I missing some prerequisite? Think it might be bugged, any chance someone has a save before that fight?
View attachment 2988456
It could be you have the orb equipped which will lead you to a defeat scene with Kuyou

Kittywitty

Aug 14, 2017
Anyone know where to find Akekazura (worm enemies)? I remember finding some when running to a village but now I can't find any of them. Similarly having problems finding Tsuzurakakushi (Nest thing that spawn the fly enemies and grabs you if you get too close), I killed two but don't have full information on them and they don't seem to respawn.

Also, anyone know if you can get information in your monster record for the parasitic spores (mushrooms)? I know you can get a bad end by going to the boss after eating enough of them but can't seem to figure out how to get information on them for the monster record.

Oatnom

Oct 14, 2019
It could be you have the orb equipped which will lead you to a defeat scene with Kuyou
Nah, I've gone in with and without the orb, the golden temple is just empty for some reason, even tried an older save but same problem.

Tevildo77

Dec 23, 2017
Maybe I'm a total idiot but I cannot figure out how to cure the girl with a 'voice bug' at the start of the game (when you first meet the miko) I also don't know how to open the crafting UI, any tips?

Oatnom

Oct 14, 2019
Maybe I'm a total idiot but I cannot figure out how to cure the girl with a 'voice bug' at the start of the game (when you first meet the miko) I also don't know how to open the crafting UI, any tips?
Spacebar > Tools > Medicine Crafting

Dchase

Jul 21, 2021
Anyone know where to find Akekazura (worm enemies)? I remember finding some when running to a village but now I can't find any of them. Similarly having problems finding Tsuzurakakushi (Nest thing that spawn the fly enemies and grabs you if you get too close), I killed two but don't have full information on them and they don't seem to respawn.

Also, anyone know if you can get information in your monster record for the parasitic spores (mushrooms)? I know you can get a bad end by going to the boss after eating enough of them but can't seem to figure out how to get information on them for the monster record.
As far as I could tell from my experience, the worms are a one time monster. In their lore, it's stated they usually appear when it's raining, just like when you begun the game. As for the bug nests... I believe one does respawn within the deeper depths of the bug cave (Where you killed the bug ball).

Idk how to obtain info on the futa mushroom bugs but you could probably try to experience the bad ending again.

Veemo!

Jun 25, 2022
I finished the game. What happens if early on, I didn't eat the 4 mushrooms inside the cave?(which I did)

xellos616

May 5, 2020
[231007][八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (Ver1.3) (Eng/Jpn/Chn) [RJ431925]

Reactions: nobody9575

Anvenjade

Feb 25, 2018
Anyone else getting hardlocked during the (I presume) bad end at Oni Mountain with the Night vision orb? Get stuck on text that I cannot advance and nothing happening. Playing on 1.03

Edit: Ah what the hell I get stuck talking to Kuyou even without the orb despite the text being different.

xellos616

May 5, 2020
Anyone else getting hardlocked during the (I presume) bad end at Oni Mountain with the Night vision orb? Get stuck on text that I cannot advance and nothing happening. Playing on 1.03

It is normal. fixed in 1.4

Applying for Ver1.4 replacement

Fixed a bug where you would be unable to progress if you talked to Kuyou after falling through the floor of Kin'eiji Temple.
Corrected an issue where the player would remain in a restrained state after defeating the boss in the final boss battle.
Fixed a bug where attack bullets would be displayed incorrectly under certain conditions during the Kuyo battle.
Fixed a bug where the development buff was not calculated correctly when equipped with a suspicious mushroom.
Corrected a bug where Hatina's display would become strange during the fluctuation collar event when wearing a demonic robe.
Changed the assignment of message skip input to the gamepad dash button
Fixed a bug where unrelated text was displayed under the product description in the third generation water bottle.
Corrected an issue where if you defeat Kuyo while his movement speed is slowed by a talisman during the battle with Kuyo, Kuyo will continue to survive after the battle.
Corrected an issue where some displays would become strange due to parasitic Mizuchi's restraint when wearing a demon's robe.
Changed the text log at the bottom left to be above the selection menu in recollection mode.
Fixed a bug where the image and explanation text were not reflected in the status abnormality explanation on the pause screen when the settings were in a language other than Japanese.
Corrected the part where the description of the development part and the status ailment given in the enemy information in the ghost record was incorrect.

Currently, a bug has been confirmed in Ver. 1.3 where if you talk to Kuyo after falling through the floor of Kin'eiji Temple, you will be unable to progress.
(We have confirmed that the cause was that the flag related to scenario progress had been shifted during the Ver1.2 fix.)
Regarding the story progression, if you don't talk to Kuyo here and go to Fusa Village and talk to Tsubasa in the building in the center, the normal scenario will return to the following.

We apologize for keeping you waiting.
We are currently applying to replace version 1.4, which fixes the parts where the main scenario cannot progress. Please wait a little longer until it is reflected.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I finished the game. What happens if early on, I didn't eat the 4 mushrooms inside the cave?(which I did)
No difference. The mushrooms just force a defeat at the first boss and restarts you without the mushroom poisoning condition at the first boss battle. As far as I can tell there were no true story branches.

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes