KisukeIrura

Oct 7, 2017
Did you download the alternative translation folder on page 2? Because that fixes that.

It's a bug with AutoTranslator, if you don't set TextGetterCompatibilityMode to true, the shop stops working and the status effect descriptions don't show up (among other bugs).
thanks for the fix I just did that and everything is working

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I don't have that folder. . .? No clue where to put the save data...
The AppData folder is hidden by default. You have to change your Windows settings to show hidden files and folders. It's somewhere in the view menu of Windows Explorer.

JESUSans

Aug 21, 2019
im having a problem with the purchase of the purifers, i buy them and it takes my money, but i don't get them nor can i use them

Aug 22, 2018
im having a problem with the purchase of the purifers, i buy them and it takes my money, but i don't get them nor can i use them
I'm just going to self-quote from last page:

Did you download the alternative translation folder on page 2? Because that fixes that.

It's a bug with AutoTranslator, if you don't set TextGetterCompatibilityMode to true, the shop stops working and the status effect descriptions don't show up (among other bugs).
Really, the OP should be updated to actually explain what that file does, not just call it a "translation patch". It's a bugfix as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shotgun Senpai

Kiro Kag

Mar 15, 2018
The game has no sound but the main menu and the gallery have sound. Does anyone know the issue with this? I restarted and make a new game everytime and it the same.

Aug 22, 2018
The game has no sound but the main menu and the gallery have sound. Does anyone know the issue with this? I restarted and make a new game everytime and it the same.
... I am legitimately stumped there. The only thing I can think of would be something along the lines of if you're running it under WINE, which I doubt.

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
1615227813784.png
I originally downloaded the game from another thread and the folder looked like this, when I opened the game it wouldn't render the character. Does this version fix that?

Aug 22, 2018
View attachment 1074034
I originally downloaded the game from another thread and the folder looked like this, when I opened the game it wouldn't render the character. Does this version fix that?
That usually happens when you un-archive Japanese games without setting your locale to Japanese (in Windows and the unarchiving software if need be - sometimes that's separate).

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
View attachment 1074034
Yup.

But please be advised; the above "folder problem" wasn't because of the uploaded file being faulty, but you messing up the extraction. You need to be in Japanese locale, or (rather) use correctly set up WinRAR or some other utility that can tackle archives which were compressed on a system with Jap locale.

Just sayin'. :)

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
Yup.

But please be advised; the above "folder problem" wasn't because of the uploaded file being faulty, but you messing up the extraction. You need to be in Japanese locale, or (rather) use correctly set up WinRAR or some other utility that can tackle archives which were compressed on a system with Jap locale.

Just sayin'. :)
So if I set my locale to jap, extract it and bring it back to normal, that alone should fix it? I'll try that when I wake up, thanks.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So if I set my locale to jap, extract it and bring it back to normal, that alone should fix it? I'll try that when I wake up, thanks.
Since it's a Unity game, yeah, I THINK you could do that if you *really* don't want to download that 285 MB again from the OP... Don't forget you'll need the translation fix patch as well.
I'd just redownload. Also, wouldn't change locale and restart the machine just to unzip something correctly then change back with another restart. And every time I see a .zip... That would just annoy me. Take my advice and set your WinRAR up correctly for such occasions.
Also, if it were another game engine(, heck, maybe even for some Unity Japanese games too), you may actually still need Japanese locale to run the game correctly (or at all), so get 'Locale Emulator' (and maybe NTLEAS - another emulator; but 98% of the time Locale Emulator will suffice)... Just my 2 cents.

Bulletmoo

Jun 11, 2019
The AppData folder is hidden by default. You have to change your Windows settings to show hidden files and folders. It's somewhere in the view menu of Windows Explorer.
I think I found it. I copied it into the data folder "MissionMermaiden_Data", but it's not doing anything or changing anything in the game.. Other than that folder, I see absolutely nothing else that mentions data after changing the windows settings.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I think I found it. I copied it into the data folder "MissionMermaiden_Data", but it's not doing anything or changing anything in the game.. Other than that folder, I see absolutely nothing else that mentions data after changing the windows settings.
The game doesn't save to the game folder, it saves to the AppData folder elsewhere on your computer.

For a standard Windows install, it will be at C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Hakkaku\MissionMermaiden

Or you can copy-paste this link from What Ever into your Windows Explorer address bar and it will take you there.

%localappdata%\..\LocalLow\Hakkaku\MissionMermaiden

gent777

Apr 14, 2020
and some cheats
F1 to show the menu, F2 and F3 to toggle infinite hp and energy
unzip copy and paste in "MissionMermaiden_Data\Managed"
So I installed the cheat file, but I'm running into a glitch. Every time I start a new game, it freezes when the character lands in the intro. When I continue a saved file, the character just runs to the left with no way to control her.

lucaslocusnust235

Jan 3, 2019
BTW, the game will not launch if the game files are too deep into... files. But when I put the game into the desktop, it works fine now.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
BTW, the game will not launch if the game files are too deep into... files. But when I put the game into the desktop, it works fine now.
This is a Windows issue, not a Mermaiden issue. Still kinda surprises me that in 2021 Windows still has a cap on the length of a directory string, but here we are.

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes